Trydan's Vintage Collection

Since I was asked about it, I decided to write up another collection post, since I think my old one got lost with the forum upgrade.

What im gonna do with this one is use it as a place to archive all my old wdywt pics and add new ones as I get around to taking them. those pics look the best anyhow, with the natural daylight and all, and I wear almost everything eventually. what I cant wear ill take special pics of and add them to the list eventually. ill also leave a few thoughts about the shoes too.

also, im not in this for the hype, the $ or to be a showoff. its not a game to me either. each shoe I decide to add/keep I do so cause I genuinely like them for one reason or another. so I have made this thread to share my passion for these kicks with people of like mind and I hope we can all appreciate together these icons of days past that it was our privilege to walk through life in.

cliffs: mid 90's turf and early 90's basketball are my special passion

that said, let the flood of pics begin:

1 - 1995 Nike Air Trainer Marauder Mid - all time favorite shoe. the style, colors, materials etc, hands down 11/10 in my book. I wear these at least 3 times a week and I love em to bits.

052913.jpg

54554234453411.jpg

black/white colorway

az9j.jpg

2 - 1995 Nike Air Diamond Fury Mid - the symmetric design and contrast on these are just stunning imo. it also helps that they are amazingly comfortable. how we haven't seen a retro of these iconic shoes yet is mind boggling.

0a5y.jpg

emerald colorway (unwearable now sadly)

View media item 259690
3 - 1995 Nike Air Barrage Mid - these are tough feeling shoes. very solid, yet very comfy and padded all around. the teal colorway is my favorite.

xr0h.jpg

View media item 189025
packers team sample colorway. bit beat up when I got em, but I did some restoration work on em.

ued7.jpg

4 - 1995 Nike Air Fly Mid - very wide shoes. ive always loved this colorway. the orange accents just set them off for me on the strap and elsewhere. always loved shoes with straps high up on em like this. one of the more off the wall designs from the mid 90's tho, some people love em or hate em.

xihn.jpg

5 - 1996 Pro Streak Max - one of the last good turf shoes nike made imo. solidly built all around and having one of the biggest straps ever.

vhqu.jpg

6 - 1995 Nike Air Max 95 - I normally don't like low cut shoes, but these feel really good. the only version to have the PSI markings on the air bubbles if im not mistaken. ive compared several of the retro versions (05+) to them and the marked contrast would just about make you cry.

View media item 222797
7 - 1991 Nike Air Force High - recent pickup and to my great joy still wearable! I try and break these out 1-2 times a week. I love high top basketball shoes of this era. the comfort of having these on is just indescribable, very plush feeling and amazing quality materials. why nike doesent put padding in shoes now like they did in these is just beyond me. it makes all the difference imo. One of the few shoes I put on and still go, whoa… #blossom

e11m.jpg

8 - 1992 Nike Air Sabre Flight High - one of the takedown models from 92, yet very light and comfy.

5lgx.jpg

9 - 1997 Nike Air Jumpman Pro Strong - im really not a Jordan brand fan, but these shoes in particular I love. really toughly built, yet having super clean lines and just an accent of green to set them off. they are obviously takaedowns of the XIII stylewise, but still good enough to stand on their own. the only thing is the white on the midsoles yellows faster than anything else ive seen. either have to paint over it or sand it off. great shoe for rainy days.

0obr.jpg

these look especially nice with old ripped jeans imo.

View media item 370013
10 - 1990 Nike Air Command Force High - these shoes are the only reason I own a copy of white men cant jump lol. Iconic shoes imo. love how these feel, pumped up or not they are still amazing.

View media item 289445
got tired of wating for nike to retro them and to it right so I sole swapped the pair above. another one that I break out on rainy or cold days. the soles were salvaged off a pair of og maestro mids. I think they made a nice fit and don't break up the classic silhouette more than was necessary.

View media item 335208
11 - 1993 Nike Air Maestro High - you know, these may be the MOST comfortable shoes I have ever worn. (tie between these and diamond furies) wish I could find a pair closer to my ideal size tho. love the style too, just the perfect accents of red and white set these off nicely imo.

View media item 167382

12 - 1996 Nike Air Griffey Max Mid - the first and the best of the Griffey line imo. I love all 3 og colorways. its tragic that the retros were so uncomfortable, like bricks, whereas these are just amazing with the dynamic fit innersleeves they have.

View media item 268111
13 - Nike Air Max JR - customs - one of the few Griffey retros that wasant total trash, but it was still missing one thing, straps! so I kind of added them. love em much more like this tho.

View media item 255143
14 - 1996 Nike Air Max Uptempo 3 - crazy midsoles on these, yet somehow they work. didn't even try the retros to compare tho.

View media item 524102
15 - 1995 um, I don't know what the name is. couldn't find it anywhere. friend had a pair like this way back in 8th grade, got em for a bargain. not the most amazing design, but still interesting.

View media item 487808
16 - 1996 Nike Air Slant Mid - these don't get broken out much, kind of stiff and under padded imo, but they have a really crazy design in this colorway that I like somehow.

6j6r.jpg

17 - 1992 Nike Air Sonic Flight High - would love a more size appropriate pair of these, but still good and solid shoes. not really a fan of the shiny black leather, but most synth leather of this age cracks and falls off if not taken care of.

v4dq.jpg

18 - 1990 Nike Air Quantum Force II High - possibly the oldest wearable pair of nikes I have. again, not a fan of the solid shiny black, but otherwise pretty good looking imo.

yrvq.jpg

19 - 1995 Nike Air Zoom Turf Mid - the now yellow soles used to be perfectly clear, but now not so much. I will say tho, the zoom air on these are almost like walking on pillows its so comfy. and not just at one spot but all along the shoe too.

kplw.jpg

---

that's all for now, will dig up older wdywt pics later. :D

reserved for future additions

(reebok and misc pics will go here)

Last edited:
might as well shut down the whole sneaker showcase forum for the rest of the month... :tongue:

absolutely sick vintage collection, man. i remember a lot of these from my school days. it's amazing to see a true connoisseur keeping these alive! :nthat:

Those Zoom Turf and Pro Streak's...:smokin. Nike's mid to late 90's trainers are some of my favorite shoes of all time.

Reminds me of how poor the retro was of the Zoom Turf's...:smh:

Nike Air Trainer Marauder Mid----- sooooo effin dope

couldn't agree more sir! :D

Haven't seen a pair of Pro Streaks in a minute! Great stuff.

What size are you?

11-12. most of what I have are that size range. some are 10.5-13 tho, cause with some stuff your just lucky to get it at all and have to take what you can get for size

might as well shut down the whole sneaker showcase forum for the rest of the month... :tongue:

absolutely sick vintage collection, man. i remember a lot of these from my school days. it's amazing to see a true connoisseur keeping these alive! :nthat:

thanks much proto!

Those Zoom Turf and Pro Streak's...:smokin. Nike's mid to late 90's trainers are some of my favorite shoes of all time.

mine too sir

i had the Marauder low white/green and cant find pics of them anywhere, do you have any pics? they were my first Nike that my parents bought me in 8th grade, help if you can

i had the Marauder low white/green and cant find pics of them anywhere, do you have any pics? they were my first Nike that my parents bought me in 8th grade, help if you can

I only have the mids. the best I could do would be a scan of a tiny eastbay image from my catalog archive.

http://archive.sneakerfreaker.com/m...raining-Air-Trainer-Marauder-Black-White/5143

those aren't the colorway your looking for, but that's the only good pic of the lows that I know of.

Love your collection Trydan. Lots of stuff I haven't seen in a while. Commentary is appreciated as well :nthat:

Dope.[emoji]128526[/emoji] I LOVE Nike's 90s trainers, turf shoes, & basketball shoes, they're all I own. I saw that you said you have some size 13 stuff. PM me?

my dude even got the vintage jeans wit the cut in em lol

pro streaks are one of my grails.
i wuz into nike x trainers wit straps for a WHILE.

Nice collection man.

One of my favorite older collections that I've seen on here. A lot of quality stuff, my man. :nthat:

Very nice thread Try. 
smokin.gif

Damn those Maestro Highs look even sicker on feet!!!  Now I want a pair of them in my size too!  And don't get me started on those Commands...sick work.  Before and after pics are like night and day.

Yo what up Try and Primo?? Try, nice collection. Those Blk/Wht Marauder lows are dope. You know I like them Barrages. I had told Primo that I found this dude in China that has helllllla pairs of Barrages, but hasn't posted any for sale lately.

Back
Top Bottom