**Trying to plan a Disney Vacation. Tips/Advice/Etc.?**

My girl and I are looking into going to Disney around the third week of July for around 3-5 days. I went once when I was around 4 and she's never been, so we're really starting from scratch.

If it helps:
-We aren't looking to drink much (if at all)
-She's not much for roller coasters so more attractions and events
-I am not really sure what it costs with a million different packages/deals. I understand you can go cheap or gusto. $1,000 !!% suffice for 3-5 days?

Thanks
glasses.gif

Disney barely have any roller coasters. It will be awesome, but I don't know about 1k?

the ticket alone to get into all of disney is like half of that, which would be good enough to occupy your 3-5 days. The resorts surrounding it are not cheap. Plus you might need a car.

I am only talking the one in FL, not Cali.

First, are you talking California or Florida? $1000 will probably work for cali, probably not for disneyworld in Flordia.

I was referring to Disney World Florida. I am not counting air travel in here either. My vacation budget is between $1,500-$2,000 max. Thought this recession would make it a little cheaper for just two people
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

The hotel will be expensive but its def worth it.

Im goin at the end of the month
pimp.gif

if you go on the time share presentations you get free tickets to the park...its long and boring tho...

i wanna go really bad...no one was down for that for spring break...they all wanted to go to Miami
eyes.gif

My family and I are going in June for 7 nights. We managed to find a good deal on an extended stay hotel so that saved us a ton of money. We wanted to stay at one of the Disney Resorts but we realized we would be paying like twice as more than the extended stay hotel. It's best to plan things out before you go, because we've gone before with no real plan and you waste a lot of time trying to straighten out things once you're there.

I'm planning on taking about $1100 and about $500 of that is for Disney World and Universal Studios tickets, and the price to go para sailing. I found it easier to plan out the days, i.e. how many days you plan on visiting Disney World, whether you plan on going to more than one park in a day, things like that.

You need $$$ to have fun at Disney. It's alot cheaper for couples without kids though.

Talbert

Disney World is 4 parks.

- Magic Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom ( real safari in this one)
- Epcot Center
- Disney Hollywood Studios

They also have 2 seperate water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

Get park hopper tickets so u can go to all of them with just 1 ticket. But if ur buying individual park tickets,

Magic Kingdom>Animal Kingdom>Epcot Center>Hollywood Studios. Thats just my opinion. Have fun.
happy.gif

there are a few things you gotta weigh about disney. 1st if you stay at a disney hotel, depending which one you either got the monorail or the buses to the parks, so if thats all u wanna do you don't need a rental however, most of the restaurants that aren't disney priced are on international drive so you'd have to cab it over there, plus parking is i wanna say like 12 bucks at each park. 2nd disney hotels cost more than something off site. you want the park hopper pass so you can hit a water park in the AM and one of the other parks in the afternoon or whatever. Food is expensive in around the area too. PLus if u wanna do universal it is like 30 mins from like Disney proper.

If you go in july you'll need bottled water all day so you gotta budget that, sure there are fountains, but you need the water for the 30min line and such. disney has only a handful of coasters. Space Mountain, The Runaway Train, and The GM Test track thingy at Epcot and theres another one at MGM.

Before you do anything Id check the Disney website and see what they're packages are looking like and then check travelocity and such. Have fun man its a blast.

Do one of them resort tours, youll see tons of offers everywhere in orlando. They offer good specials on parks

but IMO bush gardens (in terms of rides and cost)>>>>

I went twice in the past 3 years. Spend the extra 100 on park hopper tickets, you'll want the option to go back and forth between parks. And do the roller coasters at the parks, they are pretty tame for the most part.

Use the fast past system, and try everything. Oh whatever you do.. avoid the stich ride at magic kingdom at all costs... ALL costs
roll.gif

You can more than make it happen for $1500 for 2 people.  That's including staying at a Disney resort.  Give me some more details. 

sorry to hijack, but i'm also looking into going to florida disney with my girl, who's also never been.  some great info so far.
Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Oh whatever you do.. avoid the stich ride at magic kingdom at all costs... ALL costs
roll.gif
huh?  i was at magic kingdom in the '90s when that ride was "alien encounter" and it blew us away, very sweet.  not quite sure what your comment means...

Are you planning to staying on resort? I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for seven days in January. Check out the DWR website for any deals. I got the "buy four nights, get three free deal". Let me know if you have any questions.
pimp.gif

I say go to the parks for 2 days and spend the rest partying.  Only place I know of in Orlando is this outdoor joint at Universal Orlando.  I'd save my money and wait for Halloween Horror Nights in October.

Last year's theme
Universal-Studios-Halloween-Horror-Nights-resized-600.jpg

pimp.gif
I had too much fun.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

sorry to hijack, but i'm also looking into going to florida disney with my girl, who's also never been.  some great info so far.
Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Oh
whatever you do.. avoid the stich ride at magic kingdom at all costs...
ALL costs
roll.gif
huh? 
i was at magic kingdom in the '90s when that ride was "alien encounter"
and it blew us away, very sweet.  not quite sure what your comment
means...

They changed it to this stich ride... trust me it's absolutely awful. There are some disgusting smells... I about threw up on it from the stench. We only checked it out due to there being no wait.

Just remember "You can't buy weed and P***y with Disney Dollars" word to Dave Chappelle

Check your Costco. I was just in Costco yesterday and they were selling a package deal for Disneyland which was a steal.

Might want to check around to see if they have Disneyworld packages at Costco.

have fun
i am surprised at how many good places to eat there are
had the best buffalo wings ever at Dixie Landings food court which is now
called something else i think

go out at night, see the parade, go to pleasure island
and go on the rides, the roller coasters might be a bit tame
but they are very fun

the water park is cool too

I guess my other dilemma is choosing what to do, since obviously it sounds like there are a lot of choices. I'll have to look into exactly what I want and try and find a package that fits it. My thinking is $1000-1500 for 4 days without kids and not drinking, I would think would be alright.

Back
Top Bottom