Tuition Credit Advice

I haven't posted a thread in awhile but I had a quick question about tuition credit and was getting mixed advice so I was wondering if NT could help me out from personal experience

So, for the Spring 2010 semester I had to take out a $10,000 loan for St. John's University..I was given Financial Aid, some of which was a Pell Grant for $2,500..When I checked my term bill, it showed that my term balance was -$5,000...My girl goes to a Community College and anytime her balance is -$#### she gets a check in the mail..But since its a community college I'm sure the rules are a little different
My question is, if I go to the Financial Aid office and ask for the difference, do I get a check? I'm thinking if anything they will send back the extra money from the loan company but technically a Pell Grant is money to help with school expenses so shouldn't I at least be getting the 2500 Pell Grant money?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

you get anything left over in a refund check, you'd be wise to send that to your lender and not spend it if you don't need it

Well I do need the money for college related expenses such as books, supplies, transportation, etc because my job has cut down hours drastically so my pay isn't what it used to be

In order to get the money, do I need to speak to somebody or does it automatically get sent to me?

Back
Top Bottom