TV, HDMI, PS3. Which one is the problem?? I need help!!

OK, so i have a problem, and i dont know what is causing the problem. On my Westinghouse 1080p LCD TV, i have a PS3 hooked up to it through an HDMI cable thati bought from a video game store made by Nyko for $20. I bought all three on the same day, by the way.
For about the first month, everything was working right. The only problem is, sometimes the sound would cut off for a second when playing a game or watching amovie.

Then, all of a sudden, i get this message saying No Input Detected, but my PS3 still is running.

When i turn on a device, my TV automatically switches to it without even asking. So i turn on my PS3, and the tv switches to HDMI 1, and says no input. I triedputting the cord in all 4 HDMI ports, and nothing.

So at first i call Sony, and they tell me it could be my TV, or the HDMI cable, or my system.
PS3 works on my other regular TV, and on this TV with the regular cables that came with it.

Confusing, right? Thats how i feel.
I dont know whether i should buy a new cable, send in the system to get checked out, or even contact Westinghouse and get my TV checked out.

Ohh and by the way, i keep everything clean, i dust every couple of days, and the room is well ventalated and kept clean.

i have a similar problem with sound cutting in and out.. i heard there is problems with hdmi with cable boxes if you have..Cable told me to try the regularcable wires you get with the box. oh by the way i have 32' samsung, xbox 360 and cable I/O ..do you got Aim? my screen is : pnshr839

You could also be having weak signals in wires going to house too, i must of had cable over at least 3 times.....some stuff if it ain't broke don't fixit

did u try holding the power button on standby on ur ps3? it auto detects your tv settings on your hdtv using hdmi or component

Yea when i was at Best Buy yesterday the sales guy told me to get the best quality from ps3 and hdtv i should get a 400grain hdmi cable...can u guys explain 2me what he means by that?

make sure its in all the way, if it still dont work sounds like the cable could be bad. try to borrow a friends hdmi cable to check if it would work

^^thanks for that,
and the HDMI is in fully, and i tried the system restore thing. thats what the people at Sony said

I work for a cable company, and I sometimes come across the same problem with HDTV's and the digital boxes with HDMI. It really could be any of the three,definitely try to find another HDMI cable to test. If not, find someone that has a TV with HDMI inputs and take the PS3 to their house. It could also be thetv, whether it be defective HDMI inputs, or a compatibility problem. I once unplugged an LG from the electrical outlet, then plugged back in so that it couldrecognize the HD cable box. Try avsforum.com, they might have some answers there as well.

i had the tv repair guy at my house and said nothing is wrong with TV, im now using Port 1 and 2 for hdmi, but still having issues with sound cutting in andout, once in a while but no time when it will do it, i now changed the cable on the cable box to component cable and so far nothing? Is this the inside wiringin the room because the sound cuts with video game system too(xbox 360 Elite came with the hdmi wire? i have cable I/O

I dunno if its because i work in tech support, but it seems pretty easy to me to go with the cheaper option first(hdmi cables are dumb cheap online, dontlisten to dude w/ the monster cables, or try component cables) then work from there.

Buy a HDMI monster cable, its 40 bucks but its the best cable and it lasts your hole life, for any eletronic device =)

indifferent.gif
U got Jerked. Monster cables make no difference inDigital signals.
7 bucks HDMI cable from outta monoprice and u good for Life

And HollowPoint, U are right, Ive had to resetone of my HDTV by powering off and unplugging before in order to have the input device recognized.

right now the cable box is using a cheap hdmi, the videogame is using its microsoft hdmi cable that came with system, and so far no sound problem with theregular AV cable for cable box?

ok, i seem to not have problem with xbox since i put in the componet cable, so it down to be the cheap hdmi wire, but until i get a brand name hdmi i will knowfor sure

I ve got the same issue with my PS3,I emailed sony and they sent me a troubleshooting diagram.To make a long story short I switched PS3's with a friend ofmine and the HDMI port on my PS3 is inop.I called customer service back and now I am waiting on a shipping box from Sony.I am somewhat upset because I have afirst generation 60 gig and they are doing a one for one instead of fixing it.I hope no one is buying $300 HDMI cable,HDMI cables from my experience are likebottled water,same water, different label and higher price.

Back
Top Bottom