TV or movie characters that you view differently now that you're an adult

Yet another great topic that I found from these reddit videos. Growing up will totally change your perspective on a character.

Obviously Al Bundy. You thought he was a loser but dude has a big house and paid off car, a fine wife that doesn't have to work. All while working at a shoe store.

Homer Simpson should've lost his job several times. They made his character very inept and there's no way he was qualified to work at a power plant.

A lot of people in the video mentioned Squidward. Dude was just trying to get through the work day without SpongeBob messing stuff up.

the voice makes this even better.

The lawayer from Jurassic Park.
him getting eaten was my moms(RIP) favorite part. he couldnt eem take a poo in peace.

my view of Homer changed when i saw this

621f3b2135b528a0a1f99547e5075136.png

Last edited:
Ryan Chappelle from 24. Guy just wanted to follow the chain of command without thought (which makes the job easier) and took a bullet for the cause after his initial, aggressive non compliant run out.

Still like Boondocks, but they peddle a lot of respectability politics in the show

Ace Ventura Pet Detective is transphobic as ****

South Park's both sides schtick seemed enlightening when I was a kid, now it is just tired. The shows writing has changed a bit though

Ace Ventura Pet Detective is transphobic as ****
The entire 90s was :lol: Like it was wild offensive to lesbians and gays despite them making some strides. Terms weren't even used correctly for the trans community back then.

I know what you talking about here though. That twist about the boss would not fly today.

I’ve Always Felt Like Shane (The Walking Dead) Was Right.

Grasped The World Was Different And All Bets Were Off

Before Anyone Else.

Another Thought...

The Kids In 3 Ninjas Were Heros. Brave. And Smart.

Grew Up Realized They Are Naive Idiots And Should/Would Lose Their Lives In Real Life

The movie a Christmas Story.
Growing up watching it I watched from Ralphies perspective about trying to get what he wants for Christmas.
Watching it now, his dad is amazing. Tries to make the best of every situation his family gets put in. Makes sure his kids have the best Christmas.

I Think That Was Warranted Given The Circumstance.

I Feel Like Before Long Everyone Kind Of Acted Like Him, Rick Included.
Yes but all those ppl were with Shane while Rick was in a coma and weren't 100% rocking with his way and by the time Rick took over in that same sort of stance they all banded together.

Yes but all those ppl were with Shane while Rick was in a coma and weren't 100% rocking with his way and by the time Rick took over in that same sort of stance they all banded together.
man those same ppl knew of carol's abusive husband beating the **** outta her, yet shane was the only that did something about it & they were put off by it. **** them.

Actually started a rewatch of the Watchmen series, and man does Rorschach’s journal entries sound a lot different now. I was just flossing over all that in the text.:lol:

I Think That’s Why I Mentioned Him. Since He Was The First To Pioneer The Dog Eat Dog World Mentality He Got A Bad Rep, And Came Off As Inhumane And Lacking Compassion.

Being The First To Sacrifice A Life To Save Your Own Vilified Him But Normalized It For Survival.

Shane Is A Trailblazer. And Probably A Reflection Of What We All Are When Our Survival Is On The Line. :smh:

The entire 90s was :lol: Like it was wild offensive to lesbians and gays despite them making some strides. Terms weren't even used correctly for the trans community back then.

I know what you talking about here though. That twist about the boss would not fly today.
Yeah I agree. It is just I forgot how offensive some **** was. Not only openly offensive, but the implied ****.

It is not only the twist that was a problem. But the movie's says that a man had a psychotic break, and that's why they are living life as a woman.

Yeah I agree. It is just I forgot how offensive some **** was. Not only openly offensive, but the implied ****.

It is not only the twist that was a problem. But the movie's says that a man had a psychotic break, and that's why they are living life as a woman.
Being trans was a legit categorized psychological condition for a long time. A lot of ppl still run with that notion.

Back
Top Bottom