Typhoon Ondoy

Originally Posted by jau014

Originally Posted by jason16

^yup lagusnilad ata twag nila dun. basically the way your gonna take if your going to ubelt from the south.. I heard they'r going to pump out the water tomorrow. Kaya pala konti lang vehicle dumadaan kanina.

both underground roads..the first one near manila city hall and the other at recto area. i hope ur store is ok there
smile.gif
recto...

http://www.facebook.com/v...video.php?v=146224080746

^yeah that one..crazy kids swimming and diving in the vid
the place was really a sight..passed by there yesterday night..
i don't know if the water there is already drained..people who will be going to espana or dapitan (especially if you are from the south) should try adifferent route like quirino and then nagtahan.

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

im planing to go to to makati tomorrow coming from cavite, hows the roads out there? is EDSA passable by car?
2 more typhoons? damn this is some biblical stuff, stay safe everyone.
and smh at jaque whoever.

EDSA is passable, so is C5 and marcos highway. Went around the metro today to help out some friends and officemates. The media coverage has been focusing toomuch on the metro east. Some areas in san juan, mandaluyong, valenzuela and talayan have been badly hit too.

my area was badly hit by this disaster. even worse was the aftermath, no running water, no land line(no communication.. literally felt like your in an island),no cable tv(don't even know what's in the news), no Internet list just goes on and on.. we're still lucky because our place was in an elevated partof the village and everything is still fine as if nothing happened but our neighbors down the hill was hit hard, almost nothing good was left
frown.gif

first time to see everything in the news after a few days...
frown.gif
smh.gif

everyone OK back in the PI after the typhoon?

my mom told me that there was a dead body found near our house (2 houses from us) when the flood subsided..

i want to help in some way.. i wanted to donate some $$ but am afraid the $$ wont go to those that need it the most, but rather into the already fat pockets ofpoliticians.. maybe canned goods? any reputable sites, orgs. i can make donations too?

that's what i'm thinking too.donate things that people really need.there's enough people pledging and donating dough.i'm sure the majornetworks are good places to drop off donations to. they have the means of delivering the goods asap.

Nike Phils. is donating 500,00 or 1 million (don't know the exact numbers) worth of apparels. Good Job!

My place(cainta)was badly hit too..First time I experienced to move furnitures and appliances to the 2nd flr in our 30 years of living there...Hope that theother storms that are coming this week will be weak compared to this..

"The incoming storm (Peping) will not bring rains as heavy as Ondoy.

The storm may also miss the country and change its course to Vietnam."

Moreover, classes even in the tertiary level are suspended until Friday.
For the students here in NT, this leaves us no excuse anymore, let's go out and donate/volunteer in the various relief centers.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

i want to help in some way.. i wanted to donate some $$ but am afraid the $$ wont go to those that need it the most, but rather into the already fat pockets of politicians.. maybe canned goods? any reputable sites, orgs. i can make donations too?

The Philippine National Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org.ph) is receiving donations... more information is available on their site...

For our Kababayans abroad, you can send donations through Paypal at http://www.txtpower.org/2009/09/philippines-help-typhoon-victims-in-luzon-philippines. These donations will then be sent to the PNRC.

Finally, http://sites.google.com/site/ondoymanila will have a list of the relief efforts in different parts of the metropolis. Many churches are also receiving donation of food, clothing and supplies.

Hope everyone is ok.. it's nice to see our countrymen helping out each other in times like these..

My relatives homes were submerged in water and my cousin is going to take a photo to show us the damage :-(

We were supposed to go there for holiday at the end of the year but we might just use the money to help them rebuild.

My mom is in P.I for my uncle funeral and she was saying that its like Katrina. the worst flooding she has ever seen.
My hole fam was stuck in Pasig with no electricity for 2 days. and my mom was stuck in Santa maria, laguna till this morning. hope all
is well with your loved ones. I pray that everyone is doing fine now.

Back
Top Bottom