UC Heads

me and my best friend (grew up together)were slated to head up to UCsantacruz this fall....he had some family things going on and had to stay closer to homeand took admission to Ucr. Cutting to the chase, he's trying to get to UCSC the quickest way(he was initially admitted). Do 1 year at UCR and transfer orCC 1 year and transfer(is that possible)?

THANK YOU

i never understood why people post on NT trying to find info on this...there's definitely a better place to ask and it's called an admissions office.

1 year transfer from CC won't happen. I believe it's possible to do a transfer from a UC to a UC, but it is difficult and he should get on it now

Going from UC to UC is more difficult than going from a CC to a UC, simply because the level of education is so much greater, and desirable grades are harderto attain.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

1 year transfer from CC won't happen.
1 year CC then transferring is not possible?
is that because they require finishing GE and that has to take more than 1 year?

UC transfer is way easier because of the quarter system we are all in (UCs)
I go to UCR, so if your boy needs any other help holla!

Go to CC for first two years and then transfer.....that's what they're doin at UCSB....all the CC kids do two years then transfer...and they get in 90%of the time.....not sure if that's an exact percentage but i had five CC neighbors and they all got in to UC

Originally Posted by Wryneck

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

1 year transfer from CC won't happen.
1 year CC then transferring is not possible?
is that because they require finishing GE and that has to take more than 1 year?

To transfer from a CC it takes the 2 years and finishing the GE and then you have to apply. It would be easy to get in, but he has to wait 2 years. From a 4year to a 4 year, I believe you can get a transfer set up, but it isn't easy

why the hell would you want to transfer to UCSC
....if you were trying to get an education.

additionally UC to UC transfer is not easy as the admissions board already deems you are at a good 4 year public research institute for your undergraduatedegree

Originally Posted by 951guero

UC transfer is way easier because of the quarter system we are all in (UCs)
I go to UCR, so if your boy needs any other help holla!

this, is incorrect. Berkeley and Merced for sure use semesters.

Back
Top Bottom