UC Irvine Heads... Pros/Cons of the School? Need Help

Originally Posted by imperialh8

Biggest negatives:

- Valley Girls
- It's deep in the OC
- Valley Girl accents (even guys talk like them)
- Bros every where with their dump trucks blasting crappy bands wearing overly printed hoodys and famous/monster hats

There are no Pros
Makes no sense...Irvine is a coastal city, it's not the 909. But yeah, lotta rich white folks

Originally Posted by BALLINaintEASY

Anybody got opinions on UC riverside???

i have a few friends that go there, and they like it for the most part.  when i visited, it was pretty much what you'd expect a college to be like.  i'd say don't make it your first choice, but if your other choices are like sf state or sac state then yeah go to ucr...

i don't know much about uc irvine, but from what i know i'd say just wait to hear from cal and davis.  if anything just keep uci and ucr as fall backs...

Originally Posted by G00NIE GOO GOO

reason not to go

219t79w.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

koolaid tho?
roll.gif
bahahaha

Originally Posted by alife epidemix

Biggest negatives:

- Valley Girls
- It's deep in the OC
- Bros every where with their dump trucks blasting crappy bands wearing overly printed hoodys and famous/monster hats

There are no Pros
Makes no sense...Irvine is a coastal city, it's not the 909. But yeah, lotta rich white folks
it's no the 909? hell does that mean?

Originally Posted by armanzaballa

Just recently got into UC Irvine and I am considering going there. Can anybody who has visited or currently goes there help me out and tell me the pros and cons of the school? Academics? Parties? Campus life?

I graduated from there 2006, good bio program, easy going/laid back atmosphere. The foam party is a must to go to, every welcome week. Me and my friends got together and rented out a Newport Beach house right on the beach, no lie, our patio was sand and that was the best decision I have ever made, so much fun with the parties and the beach. Asians galore so if you like, thats a pro. Pub on campus is back, it got closed when i was there but yea, pretty good college overall.

If you're planning on majoring in business why didn't you apply to UCSB? Unless i'm mistaken, our business program is one of the better ones in the UC system, isn't it?

But I have a few friends from UCI, they all hate it. The commuter school aspect makes people in class less willing to make friends in school cuz they have enough friends at home. But like others said, it is what you make of it. It's not too far from the Huntington Beach/Costa Mesa club scene. Lots of people drive up to the LA clubs and such, so if you're willing to travel, you can have a great time.

Aside from partying, Irvine is one of the most amazing cities you could live in. Its about 10 minutes away from beach. Staples center is 30 minutes out(without traffic), San Diego or Palm Springs arent too far. Hell, even Santa Barbara isnt too bad either.

Weather is amazing year round, safe city, you simply will never see a homeless person last more than 5 minutes in Irvine, I swear IPD comes and snatches them up and drops them off outside the city
laugh.gif

Really is a great place to live though. Definitely wouldnt even think twice if it came down to UCR or UCI
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Biggest negatives:

- Valley Girls
- It's deep in the OC

There are no Pros

inland empire i think. but im originally from the san fernando valley, and Irvine is not the valley. asian, persian and bougie in Irvine.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Aside from partying, Irvine is one of the most amazing cities you could live in. Its about 10 minutes away from beach. Staples center is 30 minutes out(without traffic), San Diego or Palm Springs arent too far. Hell, even Santa Barbara isnt too bad either.

Weather is amazing year round, safe city, you simply will never see a homeless person last more than 5 minutes in Irvine, I swear IPD comes and snatches them up and drops them off outside the city
laugh.gif

Really is a great place to live though. Definitely wouldnt even think twice if it came down to UCR or UCI
laugh.gif

yea but the bad part about the cops is they have no crime to take care of so they give you the dumbest tickets of all time, and they are all douche-bags, even the ladies think they got a P in between the legs. yea im mad!

IMO there are plenty of places to hang out around Irvine/Orange County i.e. The Irvine Spectrum, Tustin Marketplace, The Block of Orange, DTF(Downtown Fullerton), the surrounding beaches(OC in the summer FTW). Trust me you won't get bored of the area. Granted you might have to drive to these places, but you get used to it and there's always a party somewhere. Plus LA and SD are about an hour away = (Chargers, Padres, Angels, Ducks, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers), Gaslamp, Sunset, etc.
UCI>_________

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yea but the bad part about the cops is they have no crime to take care of so they give you the dumbest tickets of all time, and they are all douche-bags, even the ladies think they got a P in between the legs. yea im mad!

Seriously that's the only con about Irvine- the stinkin po-pos. They have nothing better to do so they harass everybody(no front plate, exhaust too loud, front window tint) smh 

moz-screenshot-9.png
If you guys know the group Jazmine, they're 4 asian sisters that became big over seas and were on an MTV show about singing groups like ABDC. But I knew one of the sisters that went to UCI [second one from the right
devil.gif
]. Maybe you'll meet the next asian pop star!!

Here's their facebook pages:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=2209751690&ref=ts

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Biggest negatives:

- Valley Girls
- It's deep in the OC

There are no Pros

inland empire i think. but im originally from the san fernando valley, and Irvine is not the valley. asian, persian and bougie in Irvine.
You don't need to be in the valley specifically to have girls with valley attitudes, and that is what I mean.

They all look the same...big glasses, designer bags, and the worst part of all...the valley girl accent....oh holy hell is that *** annoying...everyone sounds like a Kardashian. Here is a drinking game, sit next to a girl from this area with a bottle of goose and a shot glass....down a shot ever time they say "like" or take a shot whenever they redirect the conversation back to them. You'll be in detox before you know it.

If ever I hit it big, I will put a staple on the OC ...it will be the new dumb blonde joke...oh where you from the OC?

I remember when I was looking at the school, they called it The University of Civics and Integras..
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom