UCONN starting cornerback Jasper Howard died Sunday

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

RIP jasper.

Sounds like a set up... fire alarmed pulled?
First thing that came to mind when I read that.........

RIP
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Ayo, Hype, if you think you know who it is, have you said anything to the cops--and if not, why haven't you...

Hood scum like who-ever you're talking about need to be taken off the streets. EFF that no snitching bull...
tired.gif
tired.gif

This is all TRUTH.

people need to try their best to band together against crime. not get swept up in some ignorant street motto.

RIP.

Honestly, I've given it thought about reporting the information but

1. Everything I was told may strictly be hearsay.
2. Whether I like (the alleged) or not, I'm not gonna possibly tarnish his record/life off some %@*# someone told me.
3. The person that told me the info, was told by someone who was there and gave the information to police so...

There's honestly nothing I could contribute.

Either way though, they're going to catch whoever did it because

1.They have his car as evidence
2. They KNOW who he got into a fight with...

...so it's only a matter of time.

EDIT:

Just spoke to the person that told me. Looking like its not be who I was told it might be. Either way I hope he's caught.
tired.gif

Just came in to say Rest in Peace.

Guy was getting ready to become a father.

HypeBeast McStreetwear wrote:
Honestly, I've given it thought about reporting the information but

1. Everything I was told may strictly be hearsay.
2. Whether I like (the alleged) or not, I'm not gonna possibly tarnish his record/life off some %@*# someone told me.
3. The person that told me the info, was told by someone who was there and gave the information to police so...

There's honestly nothing I could contribute.

Either way though, they're going to catch whoever did it because

1.They have his car as evidence
2. They KNOW who he got into a fight with...

...so it's only a matter of time.

EDIT:

Just spoke to the person that told me. Looking like its not be who I was told it might be. Either way I hope he's caught.
tired.gif

A Hartford man is being held in the stabbing death of star University of Connecticut football player Jasper Howard, police said Monday.
Johnny Hood, 21, is being held on $100,000 bond in connection with the early Sunday morning stabbing outside a school dance at the Storrs campus.

Cops said Hood was charged with interfering with an officer and breach of peace, but he has not been charged in the stabbing.

Witnesses identified him as being involved in the fight, and he gave police a fake name, cops said.

Hood was arraigned this morning in Rockville Superior Court. It's unclear if he is a student at the school.

http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Johnny+Hood

eek.gif
I went to school/played ball with this dude at his cribback in 8th/9th grade. This is craaaazzy.

Security does need to be raised at these on campus events, but the same stuff is just going to go down off-campus.

Also, all you need is a college ID to get in at these joints, and any knucklehead can take a class at the community college and get a college ID. And you limitit to just that school, you're taking away a lot of the breezies that could potentially be there.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Security does need to be raised at these on campus events, but the same stuff is just going to go down off-campus.

Also, all you need is a college ID to get in at these joints, and any knucklehead can take a class at the community college and get a college ID. And you limit it to just that school, you're taking away a lot of the breezies that could potentially be there.
Who honestly gives a *%%% about what "breezies" are gonna be there? If you can decrease the chance for altercations then you do it.

Son, you get the "dumb *%%%" award for the day.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Also, all you need is a college ID to get in at these joints, and any knucklehead can take a class at the community college and get a college ID. And you limit it to just that school, you're taking away a lot of the breezies that could potentially be there.
Who honestly gives a *%%% about what "breezies" are gonna be there? If you can decrease the chance for altercations then you do it.

indifferent.gif
I know, right?

With a school as big as UConn, are you REALLY gonna complain if "breezies" from the outside can't get into one of your school dances???

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

indifferent.gif
I know, right?

With a school as big as UConn, are you REALLY gonna complain if "breezies" from the outside can't get into one of your school dances???
My man talkin' like it's one of them "females get in free before midnight" club joints.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

A Hartford man is being held in the stabbing death of star University of Connecticut football player Jasper Howard, police said Monday.
Johnny Hood, 21, is being held on $100,000 bond in connection with the early Sunday morning stabbing outside a school dance at the Storrs campus.

Cops said Hood was charged with interfering with an officer and breach of peace, but he has not been charged in the stabbing.

Witnesses identified him as being involved in the fight, and he gave police a fake name, cops said.

Hood was arraigned this morning in Rockville Superior Court. It's unclear if he is a student at the school.

eek.gif
I went to school/played ball with this dude at his crib back in 8th/9th grade. This is craaaazzy.

So what about the other bum #%@ dude who allegedly did it? Where does he fall in all this?

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

indifferent.gif
I know, right?

My man talkin' like it's one of them "females get in free before midnight" club joints.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

eek.gif
I went to school/played ball with this dude at his crib back in 8th/9th grade. This is craaaazzy.
So what about the other bum #%@ dude who allegedly did it? Where does he fall in all this?

roll.gif

There's so much wool on the UConn campus, and homie is makin it seem like the on campus parties will be lame unless girls can get in from the outside...
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
I know, right?

Exactly. It's enough "breezies" up on campus to start a tornado.

I honestly want the administration to take responsibility for this and throw some money to Jazz's family, or at least initiate a trust for his child. There are too many past instances across the college landscape just like this one for schools to continue to turn the other cheek.

And they're gonna find the lil' buddy who did this. CT is too small of a state for word not to get out, ESPECIALLY in Hartford. I mean, they baggedup one person already. He didn't do it but it's gonna be a domino effect. One dude knocks down another dude until they catch the _.

indifferent.gif
I know, right?

I honestly want the administration to take responsibility for this and throw some money to Jazz's family, or at least initiate a trust for his child. There are too many past instances across the college landscape just like this one for schools to continue to turn the other cheek.

And they're gonna find the lil' buddy who did this. CT is too small of a state for word not to get out, ESPECIALLY in Hartford. I mean, they bagged up one person already. He didn't do it but it's gonna be a domino effect. One dude knocks down another dude until they catch the _.

It was hard watching the clips of the presser where the UConn coach and the captain of the team were talking about Howard.....dude said it was a miracle hemade it out of the environment he was in while growing up in FLA, and to come to Connecticut was a blessing and a place where he should have been safe. Thenthere was a clip of Howards mom speaking....
frown.gif

I have a feeling that someone will step up and create a scholarship in his honor and hopefully do something help the family.

Being a UConn Alumn, I must say this hits hard. I was up for homecoming this past weekend to visit all of my college friends who had went down different pathsafter graduation. We all had so much fun, but waking up on Sunday and hearing the news that a member of our community, someone who did so much for his friendsand family, and for the University of Connecticut was taken away was extremely sad.

From what I hear he wanted to get his mother and sisters out of the hood. He was going down the right path, working hard everyday to become a better man andfootball player. Moving so far from them when he was the man of his house must have been a big decision in his life, but he knew that it was going to be notonly his, but his family's ticket out. It sickens me to know that someone took the life of an innocent man who had so much potential. This happenseveryday, but it def. hits a little bit closer being so attached to UConn and seeing him force a fumble not 12 hours earlier at Rentschler Field.

This violence needs to stop.

The Student Union is so lively on a Sat. night at this time, I'm sure this man who did this will be caught soon. I think its highly unlikely this was aUConn student who did this, I think our school has to much spirit and pride for someone affliated with the University to do something like this.

Seeing Desi and Coach Edsall speak were some of the saddest things anyone can see. It was true that Edsall has 105 sons and that he is a brother to all of histeamates. The fact that he was a father to be too is just heartbreaking.

Dan Orvlosky, backup QB with the Texans said that even though he didnt know Jasper Howard, he feels that being a UConn Husky its his obligation to help out. Ihope he goes through with that, it would truly be a class act.

Just saw the story on ESPN. I teared up when they interviewed dude's mother.
frown.gif

smh.gif
to all this senseless dying.

indifferent.gif
I know, right?

And they're gonna find the lil' buddy who did this. CT is too small of a state for word not to get out, ESPECIALLY in Hartford. I mean, they bagged up one person already. He didn't do it but it's gonna be a domino effect. One dude knocks down another dude until they catch the _.
Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Everything I know, the officers already know. And like Malta said its all a matter oftime before they catch everyone involved. CT is small. I'm not trying to dispel too much information on the basis that, everything is hearsay/not set instone. As a person that knew Johnny in HS I highly doubt he did the alleged crime. The officers know that too because you can't/don't hold someone on$100,000 bail for disturbing the peace and lying about your name (As said in the article I posted). The D's got this case locked up. I give it until theend of the week, TOPS.

STORRS -- A Hartford lawyer says police have told him his client will be arrested in the stabbing death of Connecticut football player Jasper Howard.

Attorney Deron Freeman declined to identify his client, but says the Bloomfield man and others got into a fight "with about six" UConn football players early Sunday after a campus dance.

Freeman says his client did not stab Howard, but was there when it happened.

He said police searched his client's home in Bloomfield and removed some items. Freeman said he was told Monday an arrest warrant will be issued in the next few days, and that others will be arrested.

It would be the second arrest connected to the stabbing. Johnny Hood, 21, of Hartford, was arraigned Monday on charges of interfering with an officer and breach of peace.

Two teammates were by Howard's side moments after he was stabbed early Sunday morning outside the Student Union.

"At least two of our guys [were with him] when this took place, one had Jasper in his arms and the other was pressuring where the wound went in and had blood on his hands," UConn coach Randy Edsall said. "Those two young men I know are deeply affected right now."

Two sources told the Connecticut Post that one of those players was Kashif Moore, a sophomore wide receiver.

Edsall said the two players closely involved in the situation might not play with the Huskies when they take on West Virginia Saturday in Morgantown, W.Va.

I will tell them if they don't feel like mentally they are ready to play, then that's their decision," Edsall said. "And I'll honor whatever decision they want to make. I know that would be respected by each and every guy on our team."

The state medical examiner's office said Monday that Howard died of a single stab wound to the abdomen and that the death has been ruled a homicide. UConn police reiterated Monday that they have not identified a suspect and that no arrests have been made.

Police reports identified the second man stabbed Sunday outside the Student Union on Hillside Avenue as Bryan Parker, a UConn wide receiver who is not playing with the team this season. He was treated at Windham Hospital and released.

Howard was initially taken by ambulance to Windham, though he was quickly airlifted to St. Francis Hospital in Hartford when it became clear his injuries were more serious. Howard died at St. Francis some time before 4 a.m.

Hood, from Hartford, was arrested and charged with interfering with an officer and breach of peace in the second degree.

Parker identified Hood as one of the attackers, according to a police report, though the charges Hood is facing make it appear as if officials believe Parker was mistaken.

Hood appeared in Rockville Superior Court and was released after posting $10,000 bail. But UConn police said they don't believe Hood was involved in the stabbing incidents.

Howard's parents arrived at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks Monday afternoon and were greeted by Edsall. The coach was planning to accompany Joangila Howard and Alex Moore to St. Francis to talk with Dr. William Marshall, the attending physician in the operating room where Jasper Howard died. The group then was then scheduled to go to the UConn Health Center in Farmington to view Howard's body.

Plans for funeral arrangements and burial have yet to be finalized but services are likely to be held in Howard's native Florida next week. The UConn football team, in its entirety, has tentatively planned to attend. A memorial service may also be held at some point on the UConn campus.

Staff writer Neill Ostrout and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

Looks like an arrest will be made shortly.

Police: Man charged with killing UConn player

By PAT EATON-ROBB (AP) - 33 minutes ago

STORRS, Conn. - Police have charged a Connecticut man with the murder of a University of Connecticut football player outside a school-sanctioned dance, but his defense attorney says he was just trying to break up a fight.

Two others also were charged in the fight that led to the stabbing death of 20-year-old Jasper Howard, of Miami.

Police say 21-year-old John William Lomax III is charged with murder and conspiracy to commit assault.

Police say they also charged 20-year-old Hakim Muhammad, of Bloomfield, with conspiracy to commit assault, and 21-year-old Jamal Todd with pulling a fire alarm that emptied the Oct. 18 dance, triggering the fight.

Lomax's attorney says his client wasn't present when the argument started, but tried to break up the fight.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

STORRS, Conn. (AP) - A man was arrested and charged with murder in the fatal stabbing of a University of Connecticut football player but was just trying to break up a fight at a school-sanctioned dance, his attorney said Tuesday.

John William Lomax, of Bloomfield, was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with stabbing 20-year-old Jasper Howard, attorney Deron Freeman said. His bond was set at $2 million, Freeman said.

State police have scheduled an early afternoon news conference to announce what they call "significant developments" in the investigation.

Lomax, who is not a UConn student and lives 30 miles from campus, wasn't present when the argument started and doesn't know what it was about, but did try to break up the fight, Freeman said.

"He was just partying," Freeman said. "Often people from out of town go to the UConn campus to party."

Freeman said he was first told that Lomax would be charged in connection with the fight, but not with murder.

"I'm surprised," Freeman said. "I'm curious to find out what evidence they had to secure an arrest warrant for murder. ... From all the evidence I've heard, he was not involved in the stabbing."

Howard, a starting cornerback whose nickname was Jazz, was stabbed early Oct. 18 outside a university-sanctioned dance, hours after helping his team to a homecoming game win over Louisville.

The entire UConn team attended his funeral Monday in Miami, where Howard was eulogized by coach Randy Edsall as "the ultimate son, he was the ultimate brother. He was the ultimate teammate. He was the ultimate friend. They didn't come any better than Jazz."

Police this weekend searched storm drains and a lake on campus near the area of the stabbing but wouldn't say what they were looking for.

Another man faces charges of breach of peace and interfering with police but also is not charged in the killing.

Lomax has had a full-time job in the information technology field for the past two years and is a graduate of Bloomfield High School, Freeman said.

"He was just partying," Freeman said. "Often people from out of town go to the UConn campus to party."

It's totally true (because I did it as well back in the day), but in this instance there is gonna be a HUGE lawsuit due to the tragic circumstances ofHoward's death....

SMH @ UConn sending out a mass email with their Names, home ADDRESS, bond etc.

One of ya'll called it tho, they made a scholarship fund for him.

SMH @ UConn sending out a mass email with their Names, home ADDRESS, bond etc.

One of ya'll called it tho, they made a scholarship fund for him.

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]

INVESTIGATION UPDATE

Thanks to the cooperation received, along with information from the many members of the UConn community who were interviewed regarding this investigation, the UConn Police Department has issued the following news release in association with the investigation.

News Release - 10/27/2009

UConn Stabbing Death of Jasper Howard

UConn Police announce the arrest of three individuals resulting from the joint UConn Police and CT State Police investigation into the stabbing death of UConn football player Jasper Howard.

On Sunday, October 18, 2009 at about 12:33AM, Jasper Howard was stabbed just after an altercation that occurred after a university sponsored dance abruptly ended due to the activation of a fire alarm. Howard was airlifted by Lifestar helicopter to St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased later that morning.

UConn Police requested assistance from the CT State Police Major Crime Squad, members of which immediately responded and coordinated the investigation with UConn Police. The combined task force of over 40 investigators worked exclusively on the homicide investigation in the days since, during which investigators conducted well over 200 interviews. Pursuant to arrest warrants obtained in conjunction with the investigation, UConn Police have arrested the following individuals.

John W. Lomax III Age: 21

28 Barry Circle, Bloomfield, CT 06002

Charges:

Murder 53a-54a - FELONY

Conspiracy to Commit Assault 1[sup]st[/sup] Degree 53a-48/53a-59 - FELONY

Bond: $2,000,000.00 cash or surety

Hakim Muhammad Age: 20

11 Barry Circle, Bloomfield, CT 06002

Charges:

Conspiracy to Commit Assault 1[sup]st[/sup] degree 53a-48/53a-59 - FELONY

Bond: $750,000.00 cash or surety

Both of the above are currently being held for court appearance on 10/28/09 in Rockville, CT at the Superior Court for the Judicial District of Tolland.

Additionally, the following individual has been charged with pulling the fire alarm which preceded the altercation.

Jamal Todd Age: 21

75 Hampton St, Hartford, CT

Charges:

Falsely Reporting an Incident 53a-180 - FELONY

Reckless Endangerment 53a-64 - MISDEMEANOR

Bond: $5,000.00 Non-Surety

Court Date: 11/10/09

UConn Police and CT State Police will be continuing the investigation of this incident.

Major Ronald Blicher

Division of Public and Environmental Safety

Director of Police Services

UConn Police Department
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom