Ultimate Denzel? vol who takes it?

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Frank Lucas by far
pimp.gif
IMO his best work

You cannot be serious with that statement. For me, I like him in Remember the Titans, yeah I know it's a Disney movie blah blah, but it was a damn good job. Of course him in He Got Game. I swear so far people in this thread only have a memory that goes back no more than ten years
laugh.gif

Dead serious. And nah B, I've seen a lot of his older works so don't go jumping to conclusions. And your going to say Remember the Titans was a better movie than American Gangster? YOU cannot be serious with that statement

Originally Posted by MMG

book of eli is also underrated

It might not be his best performance but it was incredibly underrated. It takes a second viewing to really appreciate some of the subtleties of the performance.

Originally Posted by Mr K

Just finished watching Man on Fire for what seems to be like the 30th time, everytime I watch it, I ask myself why is Training Day Denzel the Oscar winner and not Man on Fire Denzel?!!....granted both were killer performances, but WOW....son knocked it out the park in Man on Fire from beginning to end, I shed tears everytime I see the end...IMO Man on Fire Denzel is the GOAT...what's your take NT?

Just saw it for the 5th time yesterday, picked it up on Blu-Ray and I totally agree with you.  Every time I watch it I shed tears at the ending as well.  The music was on point too.  His outfit for the club scene was hilarious!!!  Denzel isn't overrated but I will say that a lot of his mannerisms in his films are alike which makes his acting sometimes repetitive and recycled.  Still one of the best though in selling his role.  "Deja Vu" was another good movie that I enjoyed as well.  

He has a few gems... but a dude who plays the same damn role with the same mannerisms in almost all his movies is NOT that great of an actor. I don't not like the dude, I just feel he needs to pick more diverse roles. This topic has been beat to death on here before
laugh.gif
- but I can't let it go... dude needs to pick something out of his comfort zone.

John Q and Glory were excellent. Training Day is the GOAT Denzel flick. Am Gangster was dope.

BTW safehouse wasnt bad. His new movie flight looks sick
sick.gif

the train movie and manchurian candidate
30t6p3b.gif
terrible

He's been in a lot of mediocre films the last 10yrs and he may not be the most versatile but still he's one of the greats. Always brings that intensity to a role.

Let's face it though, all these older guys aren't going to get looks like a DiCaprio, Gosling, Bale, Willbuh Smith etc would at present.. So they having to settle for these bum $!* scripts dudes are throwing at them
30t6p3b.gif

Oh and Idris being better than Denzel is hilarious at this point
laugh.gif

He's had some great roles & also done not so great movies, but it begins & ends with Malcom X (for me). Forrest Gump was a huge movie back then & Hanks did a great job in that flick but Denzel was robbed of an Oscar that year. I couldn't stand American Gangster but that's because gangster/mob movies for me are played out now....

Training Day was the GOAT role for me
Malcomn X
Deja Vu (Paula Patton)

Just wastched Book of eli the Other night. Man he was good. The ending had me smh.

agreed...Man on Fire is one of my favorite movies...better than the original movie in the 80s

Back
Top Bottom