UN-CANCELLED...Oh My, Air Unlimited Retro Is On the Way...

That bubble underneath is still there. Only thing i don't like is it's a little awkward to put on, and take off. Once it's on, it's like wearing a pair of pillows.
  Perfect.  Was curious if the heel bubble was with these still.  Cant wait to get mine..

Check nothing buddy. I was being complimentary. 

You can swap just a midsole and keep all the colors and make your pair wearable .

Just an option.  .no need to dig in your purse to throw lipstick 
laugh.gif

Stick your a-d where the sun dont shine
laugh.gif
Yea this make you so hard. You're like charman. 

Vanilla ice cream on a hot summer day.

Take your comments elsewhere. MUTED. No time for ignorance. 

Good ole Nike. Always ruining toeboxes
hahaha, FACTS!!!

I still love my retro Emeralds but having 2 pairs of the OG's when I was a kid I still remember how they looked on my feet and these are definitely not the same but I take into fact that this is the first time this shoe has been retro'd after 20 years. Nike did good on the quality behind it, they could have went cheap like they've done so many times on other retro's but I feel like this is a premium quality minus the difference in shape.

On another note, what's up with Nike changing the colorway names? The Slates are the "Ultramarines" now? By the way, seen them in person the other day and wasn't too crazy about them but just off of nostalgia I might have to cop anyway and throw some black laces in.  Ultramarine though?? smh lol, that's like that weird move they did with the Griffey 1 release. The Freshwaters are now the "Emeralds" and the Emeralds are the "Freshwaters" now?? weird.

hahaha, FACTS!!!

I still love my retro Emeralds but having 2 pairs of the OG's when I was a kid I still remember how they looked on my feet and these are definitely not the same but I take into fact that this is the first time this shoe has been retro'd after 20 years. Nike did good on the quality behind it, they could have went cheap like they've done so many times on other retro's but I feel like this is a premium quality minus the difference in shape.

On another note, what's up with Nike changing the colorway names? The Slates are the "Ultramarines" now? By the way, seen them in person the other day and wasn't too crazy about them but just off of nostalgia I might have to cop anyway and throw some black laces in.  Ultramarine though?? smh lol, that's like that weird move they did with the Griffey 1 release. The Freshwaters are now the "Emeralds" and the Emeralds are the "Freshwaters" now?? weird.

Don't apply logic to Nikes thinking, it'll never work

I ended up getting the Emeralds from Eastbay for 127. I'll get the black pair later on down the line.

Too hyped for this colorway. Always wanted them back in the day.

Received my slate CWebb's from City Blue today. Materials are pretty good overall, with no excess glue or construction flaws. Comfort seems very good and surprisingly lightweight. The slate blue suede isn't nearly as plush or dark as I remember from my OG's, but that's to be expected. Toe box shape isn't great but not terrible either. The wrong colored laces is very strange, especially considering that black laces would have probably been cheaper for Nike lol. Definitely going to swap the laces, measured the pair they come with as being 46 inches. Could easily wear these without laces as the bootie fits snugly but TTS.

Hadn't noticed it previously, but one change that really annoys me is that they changed the little triangular windows on the neoprene ankle strap to black. They were slate blue on the OG's.

Received my slate CWebb's from City Blue today. Materials are pretty good overall, with no excess glue or construction flaws. Comfort seems very good and surprisingly lightweight. The slate blue suede isn't nearly as plush or dark as I remember from my OG's, but that's to be expected. Toe box shape isn't great but not terrible either. The wrong colored laces is very strange, especially considering that black laces would have probably been cheaper for Nike lol. Definitely going to swap the laces, measured the pair they come with as being 46 inches. Could easily wear these without laces as the bootie fits snugly but TTS.

Hadn't noticed it previously, but one change that really annoys me is that they changed the little triangular windows on the neoprene ankle strap to black. They were slate blue on the OG's.

Yep, the slate blue should be nappy nubuck/suede like the OG Bo Huarache Trainer and the Trainer Max 91. That's my only real beef with them so far. I'm done with these unless they decide to do the Duke pair.

Peace,
J

The all black ankle strap is the only thing that disappoints me with this pair.  Don't throw stones at me, but I kinda like the blue laces.  Maybe their way of making up for the lack of blue in the strap.  IDK  Anyway, still happy with these regardless.  I haven't worn them yet so XIV, nice review.

Just saw the Palm Green colorway for 1st time,  just plain putrid.

Got Emeralds @ 30% off, paid retail for Slates since they seemed to be in shorter supply around here.

My want list for this shoe is filled.

Back
Top Bottom