Under Armour Basketball - The New Prototype(s): Young Buck! (COUNTERKICKS.com)

Wow, the first hoops shoe for this brand and it generated like ZERO hype/interest. What a shame. I def thought they would come harder on the debut.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

looks like And1's with a UA logo.

I really hope they can go beyond that cause I really feel like the basketball market is begging for some real competition

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

There was a story in the Washington Post about Lance Stephenson's visit to Maryland, and how it included a side-trip to the UA headquarters. The quote from Lance Stephenson Sr. about the kicks was, well, less than complimentary.
"To be honest with you, we really don't care for the sneaker. The sneaker sucks."
SOURCE.

It's too bad, because I think they look sharp. Maybe they're just being judgmental.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

looks like And1's with a UA logo.

I really hope they can go beyond that cause I really feel like the basketball market is begging for some real competition
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

UA needs to stick to socks and compression shorts. Pretty much everything else they put out is much worse than the competition - be it the moisture wicking t shirt (that Nike does better), or the new batch of running shoes (that NB wipes the floor with), they're just throwing logos on inferior products. They're garbage.

And the dude who wrote the first post here sounds like he's writing ad copy for the UA company.
Not even going to address the NB statement beyond this.

And all of this is coming from a dude who LOVES Reebok product.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You don't know what you're talking about, so you should just stop. I DO agree about the Nike t-shirt being better, but that's it.

I don't agree with him, but are you defending UA's running shoes? Unless they have GREATLY improved upon the samples, the tech isn't there...the look is straight, tho.

He is right on the running end, tho. New Balance blows them out of the water. Whether you are looking at Zip, 859's, 1025's, ect...

Their trainers are doing well, but look very, very cheap.

Originally Posted by 1and12

Yup Saw these on DimeMag i think,

Anyway they have an And1 Quest type of look to them, mixed in with a little Payless Shaq Style ( Those grooves beneath the Heel )

I hope UA can further innovate or maybe change up their design a little, these are nice, but they're not even PROTEGE nice yet.

Materials look good.

UA is just starting out so I'll cut them some slack, they need an iconic design like how And1 captured our imaginations with the Tai Chi.

They've got a chance to be great, with Brandon Jennings, I think he has stand out talent, maybe in the long run he'll do what DWade did to Converse.
Well stated. Yeah, I think they are on the right path and am really curious to see what technologies AND marketing strategies they employ.

UA needs to stick to socks and compression shorts. Pretty much everything else they put out is much worse than the competition - be it the moisture wicking t shirt (that Nike does better), or the new batch of running shoes (that NB wipes the floor with), they're just throwing logos on inferior products. They're garbage.
I understand your point. Their logo has become a brand name now so they do have the luxury of throwing a "UA" on inferior product. Ido think their cleats perform, but their runners/crosstrainers still are a few stages away from being in the same category of Nike/Asics/NB/adidas.

Oh, and when it comes to performance runners....Asics > New Balance (and I'm a NB fan too).

And the dude who wrote the first post here sounds like he's writing ad copy for the UA company.
That was my first thought, too - lol

Originally Posted by IamSoySauce3

ZombieJesus is right.

UA = trash

I'm sick of seeing UA everywhere. Stuff is garbage. So called "heat gear" is a far second to Nike Dri Fit. I've been given UA shirts as gifts (would never spend my own money on it) and every one has made my skin itch.....I'm not exaggerating. Made it feel as if I just got a hair cut without wearing the apron.

As I watch the NFL Combine and see UA everywhere, they interviewed the CEO of UA. Talking about the new prototype combine shoe they have. The first thing I thought of was "Nike/Sparq came out with that prototype like 3 years ago."

Keep copying what Nike's already done.

Nike rules..........
Sheep. UA's compression and tech shirts are on par with Nike Dri-Fit. And the first generation of Nike Sparq footwear product is garbage.

Trust me there is a lot of Nike product out there that doesn't deserve a Swoosh. Quality control FTL.

For those who think UA is garbage.... is sure isnt' garbage enough for Nike to fear its existence and basically mimic everything US has done as far asPerformance apparel. Sure they have a ways to go for Footwear...but if there were a Swoosh on this Shoe, there would be MORE sheep than you know what to do...

If there was one Photoshopped on it and placed in the Nike forum how many people do you thiink would chant COPPED!!!???

Right...

FOHWTS lololol

Thanks Fellas.... I put it up in the Nike forum... Arrf.. I got you on the credit.. I wanna see how this plays out.

Even though there will be some folks who poo poo it.

I myself would have put the UA logo in a Shield and Not Tilted it... but stood it straight up and down and made it smaller so the design could stand on itsown.

Originally Posted by BP the owner

haha, i was just working on that too.
Really nice PS BP. I'm liking that max-air design (if that second one is that). That one is
pimp.gif
; I love volt or neon green type colors with black shoes. If they could get thatcurvy design in the first pic, but put a full length max air unit then
pimp.gif
;it would have design and functionality. I just don't care for the look of a lot of full-lenth air max shoes, but the comfort is usually enough for me tonot care about looks.

That first PS arf23 did kinda makes me think of the 2k3's for some reason; the only part that throws them off isthe midsole.

Only reason I came back to this thread was because of the Nike one
laugh.gif
. Iwas like %+#? Didn't want to spoil the thread in case people hadn't seen this one since a lot of people don't come to other brands.

Anyway they have an And1 Quest type of look to them, mixed in with a little Payless Shaq Style ( Those grooves beneath the Heel )

I hope UA can further innovate or maybe change up their design a little, these are nice, but they're not even PROTEGE nice yet.

Materials look good.

UA is just starting out so I'll cut them some slack, they need an iconic design like how And1 captured our imaginations with the Tai Chi.

They've got a chance to be great, with Brandon Jennings, I think he has stand out talent, maybe in the long run he'll do what DWade did to Converse.

wade did something with converse??

Originally Posted by cowboybibby

Materials look good.

wade did something with converse??
He single-handedly made Converse relevant again in the basketball market, through his play and marketability, paving the way for other basketballplayers (although they are mostly role-players) to get signed with the Star and Chevron.

Although i am extremely turned off by the WADE 5,4 and 2 his other shoes are pretty solid to me, so hopefully BJ can make a dent or something in the marketthrough his flashy plays and streetball-esque disregard to caring about one's turnovers.

I think some competition would be very good for the entire footwear market.

Right now, Nike is looking real fat right now sitting on its stacks of money. I wasn't there, but back in the 80s and 90s, Nike's R&D was probablyburning as fast as its can to get the "right" shoe that would and did captivate the market.

Looking forward to more UA shoes... however they OD way too much with their symbol.
smh.gif

finally JW Air contributing something useful to NT. im liking the superman colorway.

Quick someone PS some goldenstate colorways

Originally Posted by macgyver35

finally JW Air contributing something useful to NT. im liking the superman colorway.

Quick someone PS some goldenstate colorways

thanks..?
ohwell.gif

heres my c grade photoshop macgyver

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom