UNDER ARMOUR CURRY 3

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19254650/curry-3-shoe-sales-hit-mark-armour

"As we launched the Curry 3 late last year, our expectations continued to run high. And while the 3 played very well on court for Stephen Curry and our athletes, a sluggish signature market and a warm consumer reception led to softer-than-expected results."

"This has created an inventory imbalance that we are working through. One that, yes, is baked into our full-year outlook which hasn't changed and, most importantly, yielded lessons we're applying ahead with the Curry 4 and beyond."

Thursday's admission by Plank was the first confirmation that the company also wasn't happy with the reception. He said Under Armour will be sharper with future shoe launches "with respect to number of color offerings, scarcity, exclusivity and cadence of launches to drive more consistent engagement and results."

- - -

Damn. I really liked not having to worry about **** selling out unlike like the 1s.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19254650/curry-3-shoe-sales-hit-mark-armour

"As we launched the Curry 3 late last year, our expectations continued to run high. And while the 3 played very well on court for Stephen Curry and our athletes, a sluggish signature market and a warm consumer reception led to softer-than-expected results."

"This has created an inventory imbalance that we are working through. One that, yes, is baked into our full-year outlook which hasn't changed and, most importantly, yielded lessons we're applying ahead with the Curry 4 and beyond."

Thursday's admission by Plank was the first confirmation that the company also wasn't happy with the reception. He said Under Armour will be sharper with future shoe launches "with respect to number of color offerings, scarcity, exclusivity and cadence of launches to drive more consistent engagement and results."

- - -

Damn. I really liked not having to worry about **** selling out unlike like the 1s.
There is probably a balance somewhere in the middle. They don't have to make it so limited they sell out immediately, but having a bunch just sitting around cant be good for business.

There is probably a balance somewhere in the middle. They don't have to make it so limited they sell out immediately, but having a bunch just sitting around cant be good for business.
they should do it just like the Curry One's IMO...

they should do it just like the Curry One's IMO...
Yeah, I agree that having a lot of shoes sitting on shelves is bad, but I feel like UA will overreact.

I just want to at least be able buy any given colorway during any time of the day of release.

I don't want it to be where I have to wake up in the morning refreshing UA's page every second waiting for it to go live, have the shoe in the cart, and have it sell out before I could even buy it.

Or having to wake up early and take mass transit to Manhattan because a particular color way is only releasing in two locations in the entire country.

Frustrating times man.

Last edited:

Honestly is anyone surprised about the Curry 3?  One only needs to flip through this thread to see that NT is in agreement with the rest of the market.  There's a reason why I stocked up on more 2's instead of getting even one pair of 3's.

These came in today from UADC... had a $40 off $100 coupon thanks to @dragicon! Makes these kicks a steal! Been wanting the Dub nation homes but I already had the aways. I think I am done with 3s. Well maybe just one more curry 3zer0... the yellow ones next m0nth.

View media item 2419940

They've got higher hopes than that....lol
man I actually like the feel and comfort of the 3s... Just the CWs are a few and far in between... yoo bad the guy that did the 2 left for Nike.... they need someone like again.... I'm ready for the 4s....

man I actually like the feel and comfort of the 3s... Just the CWs are a few and far in between... yoo bad the guy that did the 2 left for Nike.... they need someone like again.... I'm ready for the 4s....

I liked like 1 colorway. They didn't have the size I needed at my outlet. Sad. The model I thought was good, as far as design, but they seemed to have fallen off slightly with performance and color ways weren't great. Not that I really care about performance haha. U have always liked the comfort of the Currys. Then the Lux was kinda let down.

You in Vegas right?

Last edited:
I liked like 1 colorway. They didn't have the size I needed at my outlet. Sad. The model I thought was good, as far as design, but they seemed to have fallen off slightly with performance and color ways weren't great. Not that I really care about performance haha. U have always liked the comfort of the Currys. Then the Lux was kinda let down.

You in Vegas right?

Yeah you are right about the comfort part, call me old school but I don't like squishy cushion lol.

Yeah I'm in Vegas

Go back to $120

they aint tryna hear it tho

judging from that statement looks like they are going to try the limited route which is stupid

first and foremost. raising the price alienated their fanbase

second and just as important the design was pretty mediocre. nobody is buying a steph curry sig for the under armour logo. the sc should have been on the tongue. that latest curry shoe should have been the 3 instead

thank god they removed the under armour words from the back like they had on the sample.

Back
Top Bottom