Under Armour Micro G Bloodlines Performance Review

Tried these on the other day and the cushioning was amazing. Very comfortable. Reminiscent to the KD 2s. Traction was suspect though. Has anyone actually played in these? I'm trying to go in another direction as far as shoes go. Nike is killing me with these ridiculous prices. Under Armour seems to stay true to basketball shoes and performance while staying at a affordable price. 

Here's my impressions after playing in them for a little while since release date.

these generally could fit true but the forefoot is a bit wider and roomier than i'm accustomed to so i went with half a size down for a perfect fit, the midfoot strap makes it a cleat like fit afterwards. it also definitely helps that the shoe is full leather (first one i've had in a long time) so it really does form to your foot, even though it adds to the weight of the shoe though not noticible on foot (i know everyone's on that light shoe steez because of the companies now), but the quality of the leather is amazing and real durable. as you stated, the cushioning is amazing, micro g itself in general is amazing, definitely soft and responsive but doesn't take away from the flow of hte shoe and making cuts, almost a zoom x lunar type feel. heel to toe transition is great, effortless movement and the fact that there's no distinct outtrigger makes lateral movement smooth. as for the traction, it has to be broken after one or two wears but afterwards it's on point, i was able to make quick cuts, stop on a dime and even put a ton of pressure on my euro step and change direction fairly quickly. the only gripe i really have with my pair is the lacehole right at the type on my right shoe, it digs into my ankle but it may just be the way my body is built.... i'm definitely grabbing another pair or two of these, nikes (- the kobe iv) have been taken out of my rotation and now the Bloodlines along with the Adidas Supernatural Creator are my go to shoes with the Jukes and 1.5s backing them.... UA is doing great things, durable and quality products for a great price

DNeou20, thanks for the awesome review. I'm glad you responded so quickly because I wanted to get these shoes for the beginning of a winter league i'll be playing in. To put these up there with the supernaturals and the 1.5 says alot. My foot is a bit wide so i'll most likely stay with my true size. As far as traction, were the courts you played on pristine or the average rec or gym courts that people p[lay on everyday? Traction is a big must for me and in past reviews of UA shoes I have not heard of any problems so I was wondering if the trend continued with these. FYI I am a slasher type of player at 5'10" 160 lbs. My favorite performing shoe of all time is the Kobe 4. 

I tried on the Black Ice's today. Wasn't a fan of the way they felt. Traction was kinda suspect and the toe box was too roomy. Not even good enough for me to spend the $30 on that they would have costed.

I wear custom orthotics so I have to take the insoles out.  Am I assuming correctly that the Bloodlines insoles contribute a lot to the cushioning?  One thing I like about zoom based shoes like the Kobe's is that the cushioning doesn't change much after I put my orthotics in them.  Thanks.

Originally Posted by rayban776

I wear custom orthotics so I have to take the insoles out.  Am I assuming correctly that the Bloodlines insoles contribute a lot to the cushioning?  One thing I like about zoom based shoes like the Kobe's is that the cushioning doesn't change much after I put my orthotics in them.  Thanks.

the micro g is in the midsole. the insole is also micro g rather than ortholite because ortholite insoles compress and do nothing after a few wears.

to answer your question, 95% of the cushioning is in the midsole, not the insole that you would have to remove to put your orthotics in.

@mt3130, I believe the the bloodline insole is ortholite , it is not micro G (even though the website says so...)
Atleast if it is Micro G insole, they are very different from the insoles from the Micro G Ice last year its just not as resilient or bouncy...

But I maybe wrong...

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

@mt3130, I believe the the bloodline insole is ortholite , it is not micro G (even though the website says so...)
Atleast if it is Micro G insole, they are very different from the insoles from the Micro G Ice last year its just not as resilient or bouncy...

But I maybe wrong...

you're probably right. i was going off of what the site said. i've tried every other shoe offered for this season and they all have ortholite insoles.

Back
Top Bottom