Under Armour?

I may jump on the fortis... I want to try on in store or may order two sizes.

I wish I wasn't so damn picky with sizing but for me, running sizing is different than hooping -- I like about as snug as I can for hooping and a little extra space for distance running

Don't know about the fortis but the Geminis are cut about a half size small IMO.

Ok you guys have me ready to go try on the fortis this evening... :lol:

Tell us what you think if you do. IMO the charged foam in the runners is pretty damn close to boost comfort wise (basketball not so much) just slightly firmer.

Last edited:
seen this.im just curious if anyone in here have tried it perosonally

I've tried it on since I work at a Brand House. I honestly don't really like them at all. They have a really weird fit to them. On me they fit really narrow so you either have to unlace them and redo it or go a half size up. I don't like the traction on the bottom of the shoe. It kind of has an inner bootie to have that 1 to 1 fit but I don't think it does a very good job with it. Personally I'm not a fan of the shoe. I would spend the extra few bucks to pick up the Fortis or Gemini.

Last edited:
If you guys have anymore questions about the product let me know. I also have some F&F coupons that I'll post later on tonight. Its a 25% off coupon for brand houses and outlets. Not only.

For people thinking about buying the Gemini I recommend going a half size up. For some reason they all run small.

If you guys have anymore questions about the product let me know. I also have some F&F coupons that I'll post later on tonight. Its a 25% off coupon for brand houses and outlets. Not only.

For people thinking about buying the Gemini I recommend going a half size up. For some reason they all run small.
Yup order half a size up on the speedform gemini's. They have been my go to running shoe for the past few months.

FYI: at Marshall's for $29.99....... at first i thought it was a baseball cleat because of the flap {which is removable} over the laces. can't remember the shoe's name, something like "Team Trainer"...... searched onlne & couldn't find out what it is

You find everything at Marshalls! Mine is so depressing.

I ordered the fortis today after trying on in store. Want to try the Gemini as well but I was sold. 63 shipped from FNL is pretty solid too

you must have employees leaving the good stuff in the stock room for themselves. i have 5 Marshalls by me and each has had good stuff at different times.

Majority of the staff is female, I wouldn't doubt it still though. Is there a certain day I should drop in? Like a certain day for new shipment?

Majority of the staff is female, I wouldn't doubt it still though. Is there a certain day I should drop in? Like a certain day for new shipment?
for what it's worth: i was told by 1 Marshall's employee that they get shipments on Mondays, and by the time its process and tagged, the new stuff gets stocked on the floor on Tuesdays. another Marshalls employee told me "it comes in when it comes in". 

places like sporting goods & sneaker stores send their leftovers to a Marshalls distribution center where it gets disbursed from there. i was in Maine last week and saw the UA Spawn low UAAs {my post #3062} and ClutchFits....... strange that Philly doesn't get some stuff...... maybe it's Santa's Revenge 
happy.gif

Philly Fans Booing Santa

UA's official ebay store has some on sale for like $80, if you have a UA outlet near you, they have most marked down to $70.
Thanks 
smokin.gif
  I may just grab the simple black/white pair for everyday use, perhaps some gym use and running too

Can we discuss the Alter ego compression shirts? Need a good deal on the spider man.
i bought the UA Iron Man compression shorts at Marshalls for $19.99 a couple weeks ago. they also had the UA Iron Man shirt. i've seen a UA Spider Man compression shirt at Marshalls a bunch of times. i didnt really pay much attention to it.  i think it was an all red with a big spider on the front. also seen UA Capt America compression shirts there

Last edited:
i bought the UA Iron Man compression shorts at Marshalls for $19.99 a couple weeks ago. they also had the UA Iron Man shirt. i've seen a UA Spider Man compression shirt at Marshalls a bunch of times. i didnt really pay much attention to it.  i think it was an all red with a big spider on the front. also seen UA Capt America compression shirts there

You and Marshall's! Lol. I think it's safe to say you have an exclusive store.

You and Marshall's! Lol. I think it's safe to say you have an exclusive store.
nah... i've seen these compression shirts at a bunch of Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory..... you just have to keep popping in. 

Fortis Twist came in.  Haven't gone on a run or taken them to the gym yet, but walking around and from other reviews, they should be solid.  Tempted to get some Gemini's for comparison.  At some point I'm sure I will.  Maybe having two pairs will give me more motivation to run/lift/do plyos and stuff haha...

Those that shared sizing info on UA runners were pretty much spot on.  I'm usually an 11/11.5 in bball kicks and a 11.5/12 in runners.  12 is about perfect in these, maybe a hair short.

Just gotta take these babies out for a spin

Fortis Twist came in.  Haven't gone on a run or taken them to the gym yet, but walking around and from other reviews, they should be solid.  Tempted to get some Gemini's for comparison.  At some point I'm sure I will.  Maybe having two pairs will give me more motivation to run/lift/do plyos and stuff haha...

Those that shared sizing info on UA runners were pretty much spot on.  I'm usually an 11/11.5 in bball kicks and a 11.5/12 in runners.  12 is about perfect in these, maybe a hair short.

Just gotta take these babies out for a spin
Awesome. Casual wise, there isn't much of a difference. Fortis feels a little more stable, but can't compare running.

Awesome. Casual wise, there isn't much of a difference. Fortis feels a little more stable, but can't compare running.
Good to know.  Will probably grab the Gemini eventually! Curious about these Gemini 2s and other future runners

I ended up with the blue jet/velocity colorway.  Could not pass up that 63 shipped price tag.  If I wanted to pay closer to 100 I would have gone with the black/white or grey/white vent version, but these blues are not bad at all.  And the comfort makes pretty much any colorway ok... haha

xl1270106-405_fl.jpg

Good to know.  Will probably grab the Gemini eventually! Curious about these Gemini 2s and other future runners

I ended up with the blue jet/velocity colorway.  Could not pass up that 63 shipped price tag.  If I wanted to pay closer to 100 I would have gone with the black/white or grey/white vent version, but these blues are not bad at all.  And the comfort makes pretty much any colorway ok... haha
If you're going to pay $100+ I'd wait for the 2. I don't know if you use UA Record, but there is a Gemini 2 'Record' with a chip in it for $140 that should be out early next year. Regular Gemini 2 is $130 and releasing around the same time

If you're going to pay $100+ I'd wait for the 2. I don't know if you use UA Record, but there is a Gemini 2 'Record' with a chip in it for $140 that should be out early next year. Regular Gemini 2 is $130 and releasing around the same time
Thanks for the heads up.  Would be smart to wait either way, even if I went with the 1s at a discount.  I've never really used a fitness tracking app/device, but Ive always considered it and thought it would be a neat addition to keep me a bit more active.

Back
Top Bottom