Under Armour?

Anyone else have issues with the lip of the outsole separating from the upper on the CF? The toebox on my Blizzards got stepped on and it's starting to separate :frown:

No, but I have some separation at the midsole/upper on the instep of one shoe.  I think someone stepped there when landing and it tugged it a bit.  Kinda freaked me out, but I've played in them a good amount since it happened and it doesn't look any worse.

Outsole/midsole separation shouldn't be a problem to fix. I think they make really strong and unobtrusive glues for that.

No, but I have some separation at the midsole/upper on the instep of one shoe.  I think someone stepped there when landing and it tugged it a bit.  Kinda freaked me out, but I've played in them a good amount since it happened and it doesn't look any worse.

Outsole/midsole separation shouldn't be a problem to fix. I think they make really strong and unobtrusive glues for that.
I've used a product on a shoe that needed a ton of work called Freesole by Gear Aid.  It worked tremendously, but I wish I had a better tool to apply it because a bunch of it oozed over the edge of the midsole on me.  Probably more shaky hands and being nervous applying it on my part...

@XplosiveJeff   If the separation is bad enough, I would hope either the retailer or UA would take care of you with a replacement or refund

If there is a major flaw don't wear them again. UA does a good job of returning. My wife had some speed form apollos and the midsole paint started peeling after 3 wears. (I have 6 pairs of Apollos and haven't had this problem once) Went to the brand house, and they gave us a gift card and apology without any trouble. Didn't have the receipt or anything. Obviously a brand house would be your best bet, but if you're not by one, try a local retailer that carries the same shoe first, if not, contact UA. Bit of a pain to have to ship them and wait for them to ship a new pair, but at least you'll have a pair that isn't broken.

Also, if it is a manufacturing flaw and it happens to more people, the more money they lose in returns, maybe they'll look into it. Sorry for going so long. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Don't wait for the lows, that's my advice.  I haven't worn my Kobe 8's once since I got my Drives.  Literally collecting dust like all of my other shoes.

Kobe 8's are not bad by any means, but for me, the lace pressure starts to get to me.  I have to tie them pretty tight to avoid slippage and after a number of games I notice and it irritates me.

The Drives, although being mids, don't feel like mids.  By that I mean they aren't overly restrictive and let you move with plenty of freedom.  The upper acts very much like a sleeve, and not like a thick, restrictive upper.  The lace pressure is better dispersed and they have lasting comfort for me.  I don't really notice anything wrong when I wear them, other than the need to constantly wipe the bottoms, which I have to do for every shoe.

I would think though, that the Drive lows would be just as good as the mids, if not better.  I'm also waiting for the lows.

Nothing beats Kobe 8 in terms of court feel imo. But the CF drive also has A+ court feel and Micro G is more durable than lunarlon. The CF drive might be the first shoe to have both the low to the ground feel and durable cushion. (Don't own the rose 5 so can't comment) I don't find them restricting but wait for the lows if you want to.

Last edited:

Nothing beats Kobe 8 in terms of court feel imo. But the CF drive also has A+ court feel and Micro G is more durable than lunarlon. The CF drive might be the first shoe to have both the low to the ground feel and durable cushion. (Don't own the rose 5 so can't comment) I don't find them restricting but wait for the lows if you want to.
I like the 9 over the 8

These new CF CW's suck.... why did they have to make all of them so bright... I'm wanting another pair super bad, but waiting it out for another CW. If I keep waiting the CF 2 will be out...

They have balanced the amount of neutral and loud colorways released as a whole IMO. Silver/black and navy/green later this month.

I really wanted the green ND pair but the metallic gold steered me away. 1. Too Loud (for me) 2. Paint chipping is always a problem with metallic paint. 

I like the 9 over the 8
Haven't played in the 9 because of the lunarlon durability in the kobe 8. Might do so with a lebron 11 insole. But in terms of court feel, Kobe 8 > ... The 9 and clutchfit drives are also low to the ground. But not everyone cares about that

Last edited:
Eastbay calendar:

Clutchfit Drives - 1/29

Black/Red/White

Taxi/Red/Black

Red/Red/Black

Presumably some Maryland colorways to catch up with all of the ND releases.

Clutchfit Drive - 2/7

Black/Red/Gold -  Award Seasons?

Apparently BHM, I know, terrible pic -- screenshot from a SLAM issue. Looks like some kind of pattern on the liner

Last edited:
Meh.  Pretty plain. 

Glad to see they are expanding colorways for things like BHM, but they could have done way more for what they have released in the past.  Spurs fans should dig em though.

Man they are swinging and missing with the lack of lows or at least shoes that can be worn casually. I wouldn't wear the Drive mids off court but the lows I would for sure.

The BHM is clean but would be great as a low.

Wore the Academy Elite24 today and I agree, hard to pull off wearing casually, those colorways at least. I was wearing pants so it wasn't that bad. Lows would make it easier to wear casually and lace up.

3M upper and the best part is no price hike. Might get these over the Kobe BHM.

The “Innovate” ClutchFit Drive features a beaming fully reflective upper accented by a light bulb icon atop the tongue. This special edition PE will be worn on-court Monday, January 19th by Stephen Curry, Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, Greivis Vasquez and many other UA Basketball athletes.

BHM/s are cean but euro prices on these are cray..

Quite like the micro g pro - has anyone balled in these yet ?

BHM/s are cean but euro prices on these are cray..

Quite like the micro g pro - has anyone balled in these yet ?
Look like another version of the spawn with a different upper. I cant see those being much different.

The torch 3s have clutchfit. Probably not much difference either but anyone tried those?

Last edited:
I promised to give you the answer from the shop about the Clutchfit Drive Award Season, here it is:

Me: Hello,

I'm interested by the UA ****fchfit drive season award, but it's the first time I see this colorway available. It's a bit strange because the shoe isnt on the Under Armour USA or EU website or any other websites.
Best regards

Shop: Hello Thomas,

thank you for contacting us! What is it you would like to know about the Stephen Curry PE's? I looked up a review of the shoes for you. You can find it by clicking on the following link: "http://sneakerreport.com/…/under-armour-is-coming-for-the-…/

If you have any other questions regarding the shoes feel free to contact us!

Kind regards,

Team Burned Basketball

Me: Hello, thanks for the answer! I know the shoe, I'm just surprised you have the "award season" before the shops in the USA. My question is more "how did you get this shoes?"
Plus, as explained in your article there is no official release date

Shop: Hi again! The shoes have already been released in Europe so I'm afraid you were wrong there. When you take a closer look, you'll notice that the article was posted on september 25, 2014. The shoes have already been released some time ago. Hope this helps!

And also, if you're interested you can order them from our webshop as we ship worldwide.

Kind regards,

Team Burned Basketball.

END

So what do you think about this conversation?

Back
Top Bottom