Under Armour?

1693020188050.jpeg

1693020182494.jpeg

1693020199194.jpeg

Still remember wearing these joints outside and turning into Debi Thomas :smh:

Indoors they're probably incredible though

UA really finna let Embiid win a damn MVP in June 2022 still with a lone signature shoe released in September 2020 :smh:

I mean don't get me wrong that's a hell of a record, that the 2 NBA guys with signature shoes for your brand have gone on to win MVPs, but it's crazy how much they're leaving on the table.

Media day October 2023

1696263992032.png

Still wearing the 1s, from September 2020. :smh:

https://www.si.com/fannation/sneakers/interviews/behind-the-scenes-of-the-curry-11-design-process

Behind the Scenes of the Curry 11 Design Process​

Pat Benson

8–10 minutes

Every sneakerhead has days circled on their calendar. For hoopers, it is always the launch of a new performance basketball shoe from the signature Stephen Curry line. Last year, Curry and Under Armour celebrated a decade of dominance together. Now, the two partners are looking to build for the next generation of athletes.
Curry's 11th signature sneaker features a cutting-edge design that celebrates the future of Curry Brand, pushes boundaries, and fuels hoopers' performance on the court. The Curry 11 'Future Curry' is launching globally on UA.com and in select Brand Houses on Friday, October 13. UA Rewards members will get 24-hour advanced access to purchase Curry launches.
The debut colorway, ‘Future Curry,’ pulls inspiration from the wonders of what a modernized future could look like, speaking to the lasting impact Curry will have on the NBA and future generations of hoopers across the globe. For the first time, the Curry 11 includes dual-density UA Flow technology, offering a softer top-loaded piece, providing ultimate comfort underneath. Additionally, a segmented plate helps athletes maintain stability throughout the midfoot and underfoot with more flexibility at the forefoot.
FanNation Kicks was granted an exclusive interview with Ed Wallace, Senior Footwear Designer for Curry Brand and Under Armour Basketball, regarding the development process and inspiration behind the shoe.
A side view of Stephen Curry's white and black Under Armour basketball shoes.

A detailed look at the Curry 11.
Under Armour
How long ago did you and your team begin working on the Curry 11?
"The Curry 11 is my first signature shoe under the Curry Brand. This process and working with Stephen was new to me. But this process started probably about two years ago. Usually, on the inline calendar, it's an 18-month process. But a project like this that's going to be a big staple from the brand that we want to push innovation, we usually start a little bit earlier than the typical timeframe."
How much give and take was there between you and Stephen?
"I was lucky enough that we didn't have to go back and tweak and redesign and do all that with Stephen. But early on, there was a whole lot exploration and ideas that happened with the design team. We bounced ideas back and forth for the first six months of the design process with the innovation team and our internal folks. We were just thinking about different solution paths to go after, including materials and that type of thing. Once we locked in internally and had a game plan we wanted to present to Stephen, it wasn't a lot of changes to the actual product. It was more just fine-tuning once we had the design set."
Could you speak to Stephen's favorite component of the design?
"I think from the aesthetic standpoint, he just really loved how dynamic it looks from the material placement. His previous models were mode unibody with the same material throughout the whole shoe. So, I think he really likes the materials on the heel and medial toe - that is what we call the 'Shimmy,' where it's that fun element of some color shift and makes the shoe feel more dynamic. And he loved the asymmetry in the toe-down, and I would say those were the main things aesthetically that he liked about it. Just that wow factor with the fresh look."
Stephen Curry dribbles a basketball in an Under Armour photo shoot.

Stephen Curry in the Curry 11.
Under Armour
What is your personal favorite part of the shoe?
"I would say probably the same things. There were some subtle tweaks that happened during the design process as we refined it. But a lot of it, we maintained the essence of that original design intent. As a designer, that's what I really love when you can do a sketch and maintain it throughout without anyone trying to blow it up or pivot too much. So when you see the vision come to life, that's my favorite part. I'm just happy to see the whole thing come together in a nice way."
Do you see the Curry 11 as a natural progression of the line or a step in a new direction?
"That's a great question. I think it's a really nice mixture of both. With Stephen, he's a creature of habit, and he's very superstitious. When things work, you don't want to pivot away too far from that. When he launched Curry Brand with the introduction of UA Flow on the Curry 9, he really loved Flow and Warped technology, so that is something we want to maintain for him.
He feels really comfortable with those technologies, so for me, working on the Curry 11, it's like, how can we take that and give it a bit of a remix or evolve it even further? So bringing some things familiar with him and putting a twist on it to make it look fresh."
Scroll to Continue

Read More​

For the first time, the Curry 11 includes dual-density UA Flow technology. How long has that been in the works?
"We've had that motion for a while. At some point in the creation of the Curry 10, they were wanting to implement that, but it wasn't ready yet. There are two painted areas on the Curry 10 midsole, which is kind of a nod to a different Flow material there, but it didn't pan out from a technology standpoint at the time. So, it became more of an aesthetic thing on the Curry 10. But it's been in the works for quite a bit."
A detailed look at the white midsole of Stephen Curry's Under Armour basketball shoes.

A detailed look at the Curry 11.
Under Armour
I noticed arrows on the toebox. Is that unique to this colorway, and what's the meaning of the arrows?
"That should be on 99% of the colorways. It's a discovery element that is very close to Stephen. When you look at shoes from a toe-down, it's the greater-than and less-than sign. If you know Steph, you know he has the tattoo on his bicep that is the 'He is greater than I' symbol. So it's a nod to him and his faith. Implementing that into the shoe alongside some other personal details that you would notice around the shoe.
You'll see his signature on the midfoot TPU piece, and if you really squint at the heel counter, you'll see some text there. We wanted to implement something fun. Sometimes he's bold, and he will talk his stuff, and then sometimes, we have to do it for him. So we added in 'Created for the greatest shooter of ever.' We thought that was a nice detail that consumers will discover as they play around with the shoe.
The Curry 10 reprised several fan-favorite colorways to celebrate a decade. Will we see more retro colorways or more new colorways with the Curry 11?
"I can't give you too much on the specifics of colorways. But I'll say you'll see a healthy balance of both. You'll see some heritage stuff that people love from Stephen, and you'll see some new stories as well."
The debut colorway, ‘Future Curry,’ is a nod to the next generation. What did the Curry Campers think about the shoe in August?
"I was blessed enough to be at the event, and I got to see a lot of it first hand. A lot of the hoopers were really excited. You could see it. The feedback and reception was awesome. As a design person, being in the room was awesome. The energy was way up, and people were excited about a new product in general. But it being Steph's shoe and at his camp, the energy was crazy."
Stephen's body of work on the court speaks for itself. How do you view his legacy in the sneaker world?
"He's a living legend at this point. Everything he does is associated with greatness and his efforts to change the game for good. We had a lot of momentum early on with the first few models, and he will tell you that his favorites were the 1, 4, and 6. That seems so long ago, so we wanted to create something he likes better than the old stuff.
From a sneakerhead and footwear industry impact, we're still writing his legacy and want to make sure with him growing his brand that we change the narrative around it and just start to pump out a lot of stuff that we all feel excited about. When we think about the future of his line, it's going to be exciting times. We're going to continue to push innovation and design aesthetics."

Under Armour Curry 11 “Future Curry”
Color: White/Black
Style Code: 3027416-100
Release Date: October 13, 2023
Price: $160
1696448352689.png

1696448593776.png

1696448725583.png

1696448809271.png

1696448909813.png

1696449377572.png

UA needs to go left. Instead of trying to monetize things with kicks (since they are obviously ****ing TERRIBLE at it), they should capitalize on his shooting ability. He already has tons of camps and did that thing where you can pay for him as an 'expert' and watch his tips, and his workouts are legendary. They should figure out a way to monetize what people admire him for - his shooting ability. Maybe instead of $160 for a shoe, you can pay $200 to .... **** I dunno how you monetize that. But somebody at UA should be getting paid 6 figures to figure that out

I feel like all the ‘for the hoopers’ and ‘hoopers are excited’ lines are frustrating as a casual fan. Jordan brand is what it is and even Kobe (certain models) at this point, because their shoes are appealing to casual fans as well. I feel like they’ve abandoned that appeal since the 4.

Looks like no more questions as to Embiid. Rumors saying he’s going to sketchers with Julius and Terrance Mann. Could mark the end of a 1 model sig.

JS”

Last edited:
I hope he talks sooooooooooo much **** about UA.

That said, you really went from UA....to Skechers :smh:

And I'm not even a hater. Skechers makes some good shoes from time to time. But like damn, choose reebok or something bro? Those ****s Julius Randle was wearing looked like someone created them in 11th grade art class.

Back
Top Bottom