Under Armour?

The Skechers deal will be short lived if he doesn't get his own shoe as it seems like that's what he wants. I don't think UA wanted to waste the money on R&D, marketing, etc on Embiid hence why he only had the one sneaker (which I'm pretty sure sold poorly as I have never seen anyone with a pair in my life).

Let's also talk about how hard it is to break into the basketball shoe market as it is. Chinese companies have excellent performers yet not many people buy them due to access and lack of familiarity to the brand, tech, etc. Skechers will have a hard time breaking into this extremely saturated market but they're a bigger company than UA so they can throw a little more money at these players to see if they can gain some traction. I don't see it happening personally.

To put things into perspective.. Nike hasn't even released a Joker shoe despite him being the best player in the league... There's no market for big man shoes as they simply don't sell that well.

Just my $0.02

This will be interesting. It takes time to gain market share. I’ve been seeing more and more Li Ning sneakers on court in the states. Pretty cool to see. It just takes time and availability for the consumer.

Given this is the UA thread, I’m completely at a loss of what to think about UA and their athlete roster. Staying with hoops, seems like they only are pushing Curry (who has his own brand under the UA umbrella). It’s strange they don’t have anyone else. D’A Fox has been wearing UA Currys for a whole season and still no announcement. I really don’t get it. They make other basketball performance sneakers but have no big or somewhat notable players on their roster to promote them. No disrespect but “Bones” Hyland, Patty Mills, Seth Curry, Will Barton or Damion Lee aren’t selling your sneakers. They need a guy like Fox or even a lotto pick / young budding star (Haliburton, Mikal Bridges, etc) to start the ball rolling. Forget about UA making another sig model. Just doesn’t seem like a formula for success…

JS”

Last edited:
https://www.si.com/nba/pacers/news/...-walker-joins-under-armour-it-means-the-world

Indiana Pacers forward Jarace Walker joins Under Armour: 'It means the world'
Walker is officially an Under Armour athlete

Tony East
Oct 19, 2023 9:10 AM EDT

"It means the world, honestly," Walker said of joining Under Armour in an exclusive interview. "Just being from that city, the headquarters being in that city, and then I was always with the Baltimore team until college really. Played AAU [in the] Under Armour circuit, went to IMG academy, an Under Armour school... It just felt like the right thing to do."

For Walker, being an Under Armour athlete is a perfect partnership. In 2003, he was born in Baltimore, and Under Armour's global headquarters sits on the Patapsco River in the downtown area of the city. He played some AAU basketball for the Baltimore-based Team Thrill, a program that is supported by NBA guard Will Barton. Barton is also a Baltimore native and Under Armour athlete.

The Pacers rookie was split between the Curry 1 Low and Curry 4 when deciding on his favorite basketball shoe. He played his high school basketball at IMG Academy, and Under Armour is the footwear and performance apparel sponsor of the program. Walker's Under Armour roots run deep, and he now gets to represent the brand.

"We're thrilled to have Jarace continue to represent what it means to be an Under Armour athlete," said Sean Eggert, senior vice president of global sports marketing at Under Armour. Walker joins an Under Armour NBA roster that includes Curry, Barton, Bones Hyland, and Patty Mills, among others.
Indiana Pacers forward Jarace Walker

Indiana Pacers forward Jarace Walker joins Under Armour. (Mandatory Photo Credit: Under Armour)

Walker was a leader at the 2023 Under Armour Elite 24 showcase back in August — he was a coach for Team FUTR at the event. The 20-year old hopes to continue his involvement in Under Armour events going forward.

"I feel like the main thing is, just continue to improve and just be there for the young generation. Just being a mentor, kind of like somebody that the kids can talk to," Walker shared of his future goals as an Under Armour athlete. He wants to be involved in his community and provide opportunities.

In many ways, Walker's new partnership is a lot like his spot on the Pacers. It's new, but it has been a long time coming.

Walker has always been involved with Under Armour and is a perfect fit in their athlete line-up. Indiana, meanwhile, has been searching for their power forward of the future for years. Walker could be a perfect fit there, too.

They better bring it. If they fumble the bag with shoes for Fox, I give up on them. This coming from somebody who owns like 8 pairs of UA bball shoes, and who has gone through probably 8 or 10 pairs on the court.

Apparently ESPN is running a convo with Steph & Fox tomorrow during NBA Today

They better bring it. If they fumble the bag with shoes for Fox, I give up on them. This coming from somebody who owns like 8 pairs of UA bball shoes, and who has gone through probably 8 or 10 pairs on the court.

Apparently ESPN is running a convo with Steph & Fox tomorrow during NBA Today
You try these yet?
IMG_2377.jpeg

I really hope we move away from so much minimalism in design, the weirdness of those are dope🥲

Back
Top Bottom