Undisputed Top 5 Rap Albums Of All Time. Vol. deal with it

Some of you young cats are SHOOK DADDY.

Illmatic is the GOAT. I'll take some Aesop Rock Float and Labor Days, some Deltron 3030, Murs 3:16, Pun Capital Punishment, and 20+ more albums over any Tupac.

@12 Million. Go back to that wild *** thread in General. You don't belong here.
Ya mama.

Y'all way too concerned with what other people like and don't like. Lol y'all gotta be in ya early 40s and up.

Strange seeing The Infamous on so many lists. It's good and all but every track on it is practically the same song 
laugh.gif

Reasonable doubt better than illmatic? :lol:

I agree with OB4CL being on the list. I think GRODT should be on the list in place of The Chronic.

It's no secret Life after death is better then Ready to die.

And I would trade MMLP for Aquemini

:lol: @ that list. I can deal with bad taste.

There aint an Em album in my top 10.

All lists are wrong if they don't include Illmatic.

Only Jay and Pac albums acceptable are Reasonable Doubt and Me Against The World.

My top 3 that never changes:
Illmatic
Doggystyle
OB4CL

Insert any of these for 4/5:
AEOM
Life after Death
Late Registration
Blueprint
36 Chambers
Me Against the World

I'll Play. In no particular order. My Faves

1) Illmatic ( IMO the best album from the best rapper ever ) come at me

2)Atliens ( I'm sure most wont agree but this album had a sound that I cant even describe it was truly "outta this world" sounded nothing like any album out of the south)

3) Ready To Die ( I may be in the minority that prefer this to Life After Death which had to many filler joints imo.

4) Its Dark and Hell is Hot ( I'm a huge DMX fan and this joint is a classic nuff said )

5) Me Against the World ( Had to pick between this and Makaveli. This gets the nod because Makaveli had a few joints I dont care for.)

Extremely hard to only pick 5 albums tho

I never posted my list so might as well.

Illmatic

36 Chambers

ATLiens

Seven Day Theory (I think it's the best pac album *shrugs*)

Chronic

I feel like Ready To Die > Life After Death should be consensus worldwide. Idk how or why it's not.

E. 1999 is top 5 worthy. It gets slept on because at the time people consider bone thugz to be "soft" but every single song on it is a classic. Normally when you have a rap group that has a common gimmick and aren't easily distinguishable the songs all sound the same but this was a anomaly. Everything sounded completely different and was ahead of it's time, production on point and unforgettable hooks. 
pimp.gif

I never posted my list so might as well.

Illmatic

36 Chambers

ATLiens

Seven Day Theory (I think it's the best pac album *shrugs*)

Chronic

I feel like Ready To Die > Life After Death should be consensus worldwide. Idk how or why it's not.

E. 1999 is top 5 worthy. It gets slept on because at the time people consider bone thugz to be "soft" but every single song on it is a classic. Normally when you have a rap group that has a common gimmick and aren't easily distinguishable the songs all sound the same but this was a anomaly. Everything sounded completely different and was ahead of it's time, production on point and unforgettable hooks. 
pimp.gif

Ready to Die is "better" but... Life After Death isnt as dated, sounds better now.

Big's imagery was deeper and the production was smoother.

Same **** ppl say about IWW sounding better than Illmatic if you spin them both today.

Idc what anybody or they're mama says, imo reasonable doubt is the most overrated album in the history of music. It's clean simple hip hop and definitely has some gems, but I had to force myself to get through the entire album. And yes, I rock with Jay.

I don't even care to make a top 5 list. It's all subjective anyway. Everyone interprets music differently based on factors such as where they're from to what they've been through.

Idc what anybody or they're mama says, imo reasonable doubt is the most overrated album in the history of music. It's clean simple hip hop and definitely has some gems, but I had to force myself to get through the entire album. And yes, I rock with Jay.

I don't even care to make a top 5 list. It's all subjective anyway. Everyone interprets music differently based on factors such as where they're from to what they've been through.
Repped. But you know these purists AKA "real hip hop" fans don't understand that. Its like telling your wall to move. Have you tried it? Go ahead... Walk up to your local wall and say "move wall" "cmon wall"

Last edited:
No order

BDP-Criminal minded
Run DMC-Raising Hell
Notorious B.I.G.-Life After Death
Nas-Illmatic
Raekwon-Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Honorable mentions...
Wu-Tang Clan-Enter the 36 Chambers
GZA-Liquid Swords
Makaveli-7 Day Theory
Mos Def-Black On Both Sides