Unemployed

About to loose my job as the company is relocating. I'm going to get something but not enough to cover my expenses. Stressing out a bit, hope I can fins something soon. I need at least 3k a month take home to cover me. What to do?

do you NEED 3k a month or is that what makes you confortable? Consider downsizing your expenses until you get back on your feet with a new gig. Good luck OP!

Find out how much you will receive for your unemployment benefits.

Make sure you are on top of your paperwork and file for it AS SOON AS YOU GET LAYED OFF.

Calculate the difference between your bills and your unemployment income and try to freelance, or hit up those temp agencies if that will be able to cover the difference.

Update resume

Get some decent interview clothes

and start hitting the pavement and filling out applications.

Where do you work now?

gofundme page

try pickin up any job for now. you got to hustle. where you located and what are you looking for?

I need 3k a month just to cover my no kidding expenses and have a few dollars.

I will be filing for unemployment, but its really not something I want to be doing.

I'm working on my resume, but I'm afraid the lack of education is going to hurt me. I have about 70 college credits but I have been doing my job for years. I have been in charged of multimillion dollar accounts and been successful at it. Over the years I have rounded the number to just a little over half a billion with 100% accountability.

My field is in the supply management field.

I would like to think I'm a great asset to any company, but again my lack of education is working against me. At least I feel that way.

Lets see what happens, I'm just finding it stressful.

Last edited:
I need 3k a month just to cover my no kidding expenses and have a few dollars.

I will be filing for unemployment, but its really not something I want to be doing.

I'm working on my resume, but I'm afraid the lack of education is going to hurt me. I have about 70 college credits but I have been doing my job for years. I have been in charged of multimillion dollar accounts and been successful at it. Over the years I have rounded the number to just a little over half a billion with 100% accountability.

My field is in the supply management field.

I would like to think I'm a great asset to any company, but again my lack of education is working against me. At least I feel that way.

Lets see what happens, I'm just finding it stressful.

you be iight

you got work experience

think about how stressed ppl are with education who are unemployed

Seems like work experience is valued over edu nowadays.  Most listings, even level entry stuff, require some sort of work related experience.    Relax, cut back on your expenses, budget, then you should be alright.

Have you even applied to anything as yet? You're selling yourself short too soon.
I have been looking at federal jobs because of the security. Although, I believe I can handle a lot of the billet descriptions, when you get to what I'm looking to settle GS09/GS11 they all seem to be asking for degrees.

Funny thing is, I have dealt with a lot of federal employees in the field I'm researching and I know for a fact that I'm more than capable.

Perhaps you're right, I should start putting those resumes in and go from there.

I guess last resort will be law enforcement. I have past several test already when I was younger and I'm mentally and physically fit for them.

You don't have anything saved for a rainy day b?

Lost my job back in November. All those years of people telling me to save bread came in handy. Gonna take another month or so off before I go back to work.

I have something that should buy me a few months. However, is not what I want to be doing.

Beggars can't be choosers. Do what you need to do to stay afloat, whether you like it or not.

You say you have 70 credits under your belt; have you thought about just finishing school? With your experience, you'd be a shoo-in for most undergraduate b-schools.

Perhaps, this layoff is the perfect opportunity for you to get that degree credential.

Again, your experience plus your completed degree would give you a tremendous edge in the job market.

Good luck, OP

It'll work out for you
smile.gif

Like others have said, that work experience should help you out a lot.

Just stare at your avy to cheer yourself up. Who is it by the way?

Almost the exact same thing happened to me a few years ago. 

My job relocated. I had 60+ credits, but hadn't been to school in about 10 years.

I got on my grind. I downsized everything. I took 18 credits per semester and classes in the summer, and lived humbly off of unemployment and my savings(which wasn't much at all). I graduated after 3 semesters. A month after graduation I got an entry level job. A year after working the entry level job, I got another job making as much as I did when I lost my first job. 

It can be done. You just have to be humble, be patient, have a plan, and get on your grind. 

I doubt I need to tell you to cut the expenses (eating out for lunch, Cell phone, etc). I wish you the nest of luck.

How many credits do you need to graduate BTW. Is going back to school and living off school loans and option? Maybe apply for some scholarships?

Back
Top Bottom