Unemployment is sky rocketing...how many of you have been able to keep a job?

I work at fed ex and at&t. I been at fed ex for almost 4 yrs and AT&T for 6 mos. Just got raises at both jobs...hopefully everything will continue toget better.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Goverment Job FTW

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just curious what you guys do i tried to get in being a federaly but no progress in about 2 months im ready to give up on them . I passed medical , interview ,fitness test , drug test so i seem qualifed
eyes.gif

been unemployed since august and honestly im lovin it ...damn im lazy.but im a full time student though

held my job for 2yrs and counting (longest ever).. crazy though.. the past month, my company laid-off atleast 12 veteran directors/upper-management personnel..all of them have been w/ the company for 10yrs +..

pretty sad.

If you call what I got a job..im thankful for it though. Hoping to land a salary asap. My mom is unemployed and finding a job has become her job...times arerock hard right now.

Originally Posted by DMan14

its been more than 6 months and i cant find a full time job. i work p/t, but cant find another job. not even retail will hire me.

how do you guys get govt jobs, do they hire entry level positions.

oh yea, i graduated from college too.
Retail is almost literally impossible to get hired on right now. Places hired for holidays, but come January, retail establishments are only goingto be cutting people.

i thank the stars everyday i still have a job. i tried to get a second job and couldnt get one i so know how hard it must be for someone to got laid off.

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Goverment Job FTW

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just curious what you guys do i tried to get in being a federaly but no progress in about 2 months im ready to give up on them . I passed medical , interview , fitness test , drug test so i seem qualifed
eyes.gif

keep trying ...

GOOD 2 C SOME OTHER FED EMPLOYEES IN HERE

every other friday off FTW
pimp.gif

i got laid off at the end of november but that happens every year. my job is only during the warmer months so i knew it was coming. im probably gonna look fora job eventually

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Goverment Job FTW

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just curious what you guys do i tried to get in being a federaly but no progress in about 2 months im ready to give up on them . I passed medical , interview , fitness test , drug test so i seem qualifed
eyes.gif
Took me a long time, and then to transfer to a diffrent agencies takes a long time.

Just have to wait, I think it's well worth it.

I'm unemployed as hell.... I was getting unemployment until I went back to school and they cut that *!%+ off. Now I'm down $900 every 2 weeks..... theprice I pay for honesty... sigh.

This is why I started the networking thread a few weeks back, for this and upcoming college graduates. Lemme see if Yuku will let me find it to bump...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

This is why I started the networking thread a few weeks back, for this and upcoming college graduates. Lemme see if Yuku will let me find it to bump...

ok i know the importance of networking, but how exactly does one "network"?

^Peep the Networking thread and PM me when you get a chance, I'd be more than happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom