Uninvited S/Os

I get annoyed when I invite someone out or we make plans to do something and my gf brings her man. They either add him to the group without even asking or telling us he's coming.

This happened a few weeks ago when me and my girls were having girls night. My friends friend (who I'm getting to know too now) brought her man without telling anybody. This isn't girls night + the unwanted guest. What is he gonna do just sit there? You can detach yourself from him for one night. I wasn't the only one irritated by that either. A few of us were.

Today I made plans with a friend I haven't seen in a few years. A lot of things are different with both of us so I was kind of excited to see her and to catch up with things. She automatically invited her bf. I don't even know this dude. I've met him once or twice and that's it. What I wanted to share about the last couple of years isn't top secret information or anything but I didn't ask him to come. If I wanted him to come I would have suggested she bring him. If the guy is more of a friend of mine and it's not specifically a girls night out it's not a big of deal but why does he have to come?

Does this happen with dudes too? Where guys always inviting their gfs around when they weren't originally intended to be a part?

Originally Posted by SanchezOnFire

I get annoyed when I invite someone out or we make plans to do something and my gf brings her man. They either add him to the group without even asking or telling us he's coming.

This happened a few weeks ago when me and my girls were having girls night. My friends friend (who I'm getting to know too now) brought her man without telling anybody. This isn't girls night + the unwanted guest. What is he gonna do just sit there? You can detach yourself from him for one night. I wasn't the only one irritated by that either. A few of us were.

Today I made plans with a friend I haven't seen in a few years. A lot of things are different with both of us so I was kind of excited to see her and to catch up with things. She automatically invited her bf. I don't even know this dude. I've met him once or twice and that's it. What I wanted to share about the last couple of years isn't top secret information or anything but I didn't ask him to come. If I wanted him to come I would have suggested she bring him. If the guy is more of a friend of mine and it's not specifically a girls night out it's not a big of deal but why does he have to come?

Does this happen with dudes too? Where guys always inviting their gfs around when they weren't originally intended to be a part?

pimp.gif

Do you ever let your friends know how you feel about it?
Luckily the few I do consider friends don't do silly #$!! like that.I'd let them know that if WE make plans to kick it and your s/o (or some random person i'm not familiar with (which possibly could be this s/o)) isn't a part of the initial plans,then you need to let their #%* stay home and read a book or something.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Do you ever let your friends know how you feel about it?
Luckily the few I do consider friends don't do silly #$!! like that.I'd let them know that if WE make plans to kick it and your s/o (or some random person i'm not familiar with (which possibly could be this s/o)) isn't a part of the initial plans,then you need to let their #%* stay home and read a book or something.
Yeah I've said it before and so did my friend. I feel like after they invited them I shouldnt be like, "Oh no, keep their $*% at home." But it is rude to invite people I don't know or know that you even invited them. When it comes to this particular situation he don't got anything to contribute while her and I talk. He's more than likely going to sit there pretending to listen lol.

Yep. You can never catch one of my bestfriends by himself now, can't even have a guys night out without bringing his girl, smh. Damn annoying too.

Im pretty sure that most guys would prefer a day off from their girl, especially like the one OP described

How old are you? Serious question.

I find that sort of behavior more common with younger couples. A sense of autonomy is something that comes later in life; from elementary school up until the end of college, you're pretty much defined by your friends - and couples NEED to be together at all times. When I was 21-23, I was always dragged out by my then girlfriend to her get-togethers and befriend her friends' boyfriends. With my most recent girlfriend, the only time I hung out with her and her friends was when it was an actual "meet the boyfriend" type deal.

I'd rather have my girlfriend chill with male friends than single female friends. Word to Scott Disick.

A girl's night out is never solely about hanging with her girls. They will corrupt her and talk smack about her boyfriend.

Back
Top Bottom