Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

throughout the years, i feel like no chill gil says a lot of stuff he doesn't really believe but does so to be different, resulting in him saying alotta dumb stuff too.

throughout the years, i feel like no chill gil says a lot of stuff he doesn't really believe but does so to be different, resulting in him saying alotta dumb stuff too.
He admitted to that when he was on his wild IG days, but I don't think THIS one is one of those things.

He said he used to just say wild stuff for attention though

i feel like the r-word shouldn't be so frowned ridiculed. I didn't even know that word was associated w/ special needs until I someone told do the hold your arm to your chest & bite your ear thing. "Stupid" sounds too aggressive & "cretin" sounds too fancy to be effective b/c a lot of ppl don't know what I mean by it.

^mans was legit ashamed for a second there. Like you could see his 5 year old self show up when she first asked him why the water was soapy.

Suggestion on what is better, being more influential and groundbreaking?
Personally People's Instinctive Travels... is my favourite Tribe album, though it is pretty much Q-Tip album since Phife is only on like 4 songs.

As far as influential & groundbreaking goes I'm gonna say "Straight Out the Jungle" & "Paul's Boutique". W/o those albums a lot of stuff such as The Low End Theory would've been a no go. Those 2 records pushed unseen experimentation w/n the genre.

Personally People's Instinctive Travels... is my favourite Tribe album, though it is pretty much Q-Tip album since Phife is only on like 4 songs.

As far as influential & groundbreaking goes I'm gonna say "Straight Out the Jungle" & "Paul's Boutique". W/o those albums a lot of stuff such as The Low End Theory would've been a no go. Those 2 records pushed unseen experimentation w/n the genre.
I hear you, and I dig experimentation, but for my scope a complete album from end to end, no throwaway cuts simply for experimenting’s sake? Low End accomplishes that. For me it is like listening to Miles’ Kind Of Blue, or James Brown Live At The Apollo ‘63, I’ll throw in Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going On as well, all experimental, but not forgetting the listener and the genre it represents.

Back
Top Bottom