Until this stops, collecting shoes will never be the same.

I just ignore them and keep it moving. 
Let those people be stupid and pay that much for some shoes. 

There will always be idiots who price gouge based off hype. The real problem is that there are now idiots who'd actually pay that price w/out batting an eye. I can't blame resellers at all, to be honest. Get that money.

It's a legit way to make money, but I am not part of the hype or nonsense that will dish out crazy money for shoes.

To me, there's no way to justify it. It's ridiculous. I mean, if you're a baller and can afford, then by all means....but a lot of ppl here spending their parents' money or going on a ramen noodle diet for kicks.

I haven't bought a pair of shoes since the flint XIII retros...JB has pretty much lost me, and I have a decent supply of kicks already, that I don't care for more at this point.

South beach lebrons are easily one of the ugliest pairs of shoes I've ever seen in my life. I wouldn't pay $50 for a pair. The cws is just so gross to me. But hey, to each their own.
Rock em if you like em.. +%@! what other people think.

Originally Posted by abernja

$880 shipped for some South Beach LeBrons.....Really?

$630 over retail, and $100 over what they should cost to begin with.

So my question is this...

How do you feel about this and what are you going to do to end this behavior?

At what point have things gone too far?
It honestly just forces my hand to not buying anymore.

When those Blk/red IV's drop in Nov, Im just gonna buy them early from a mom x pop shop. 

Not dealing with this dumb *@!+ anymore

Dont really care since i fell out of shoes.
I'll cop the shoes i want later on down the road when i get my life stable and money right.

I must say though. I am birds eye viewing the yezzy 2s... If i get a pair bruh... 

face+money.gif

you should go into a transaction knowing what is the Max you're willing to pay.
then you can't complain.

Don't get me wrong I'm not losing sleep over it. But nowadays if you want a shoe you have to either pay 2-4 times retail or stand in line for a week.
I don't even like LeBrons so I'm not mad about that. Just used these shoes as an example.

Only a couple years ago charging $250 for some shoes was like WHOA this guy has lost his mind. Now it seems to be the starting point and the sky is the limit from there.

I wish "sneaker culture" if you will would go back to where shoes sold out because they were GR's and great shoes, not because they can resell for $500+ or the "Limited" label was slapped on it.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

South beach lebrons are easily one of the ugliest pairs of shoes I've ever seen in my life. I wouldn't pay $50 for a pair. The cws is just so gross to me. But hey, to each their own.
Rock em if you like em.. +%@! what other people think.
damn really?.. u must have not seen too many shoes then... i could name a lot more shoes uglier then those... all the long time general forum heads pretty much slowed down or really not into the kick game anymore so you will probably get a lot of i dont care... if people wanna make their money go ahead.. they aint getting it from me..

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

all the long time general forum heads pretty much slowed down or really not into the kick game anymore so you will probably get a lot of i dont care... if people wanna make their money go ahead.. they aint getting it from me.. 

Agreed.
Getting older and focusing on more important things in life is certainly one of the factors, but I believe the "older guys" main reason for buying less or none at all is the huge hassle factor. To get a shoe anymore you have to take up a full time job just standing in line. And IF you were dumb enough to do that chances are the store will sell 5-6 pairs and say "Sorry guys, all sold out."

Kids in the Yeezy thread were trying to explain how $1300 for both pairs is a good deal. Now paying 3x retail is considered a good deal.

^ Exactly my point.

Had that shoe released for $88 without Kanye attached to it you could find them on sale for $59.99 two weeks after release.
I wouldn't pay even $20 for that ugly monstrosity.

Check the bidding history. A lot of sellers shill bid and with new releases salty people troll auctions.
"Collecting shoes" is where the issue starts anyway the resell prices are just a byproduct. 

Originally Posted by Executive76

Check the bidding history. A lot of sellers shill bid and with new releases salty people troll auctions.
"Collecting shoes" is where the issue starts anyway the resell prices are just a byproduct. 
That's true, but they're still legitimately selling for $600+

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

all the long time general forum heads pretty much slowed down or really not into the kick game anymore so you will probably get a lot of i dont care... if people wanna make their money go ahead.. they aint getting it from me.. 

Agreed.
Getting older and focusing on more important things in life is certainly one of the factors, but I believe the "older guys" main reason for buying less or none at all is the huge hassle factor. To get a shoe anymore you have to take up a full time job just standing in line. And IF you were dumb enough to do that chances are the store will sell 5-6 pairs and say "Sorry guys, all sold out."

man i was buying kicks left and right when i lived in a apartment... now owning a house, 2 cars and 2 kids, my shoes are the last of my priority.... im not even gonna lie, i used to walk into footlocker and grab a pair of J's the day after (steel grey X's, XIII's and so on).. now there is a line for every release..

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Kids in the Yeezy thread were trying to explain how $1300 for both pairs is a good deal. Now paying 3x retail is considered a good deal.

you still don't get it

but anyway...it's not a big deal...it saves me money since i never have a shot at all the sneakers i like....and it brought me to other sneakers that are much better and easier to get (roshe's, adirose)

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

you still don't get it

but anyway...it's not a big deal...it saves me money since i never have a shot at all the sneakers i like....and it brought me to other sneakers that are much better and easier to get (roshe's, adirose)

I get it. Your telling me that if others are willing to pay $1k per pair then $1300 for both is a deal. I will never in my life consider 3-5x retail a steal for anything.

$880 shipped for some South Beach LeBrons.....Really?

$630 over retail, and $100 over what they should cost to begin with.

So my question is this...

How do you feel about this and what are you going to do to end this behavior?

At what point have things gone too far?
I don't care and I'm not going to do anything to end this behavior.
Define "too far".
How is it too far when he has 30 bids?
Obviously there are people that are willing to pay that much for the kicks so I don't see what the big deal is.

laugh.gif
i got suckered by a friend & texted Yeezy to 96362

Back
Top Bottom