Updated What i do at school... check it out (new piece, you all will appreciate)

So i am in school every weekday from 8 to 230, and i am mostly in my shop class graphic arts. I work on a lot of adobe projects(Illustrator,Photoshop,Indesign). Out of those three programs i love to use photoshop. Just recently i finished a movie poster for the movie bad boys, it was aproject, and you could not copy the real movie poster. It is not the best thing ever and i know that but i am progressing... Check it out

What do you think about it?

Your fonts are horrible doesn't fit the poster well. I also think that background is weak you can use some work. Just keep working on your skills.

Yea im progressing, where gonna have a class critique, but i was just showing you gusy what i do at school, when im not on NT.

Its a good start, but you definitely need some work. I actually work in graphic design as a production designer (which means i make the stuff ready for actualpress printing). You have a good base, but sometimes less can really be more. I see too many filters/effects being used. If you are trying to create an actualmovie poster, ALL of your type should be fairly easy to read, meaning.....less blur and effects on type, like none.

try www.dafont.com for other fonts/typefaces. they can be downloaded and use for free. You'll find something there that you can use without having tostylize the type. Keep working at it!

The "Bad Boys" poster:

- the title of the movie should be the focal point of the poster. As it stands right now, it's off-centered, almost looking like an afterthought, and thetag-line is the place to where one's eye is drawn.

- It's cool how you got "Bad Boys" to look like that, but it doesn't convey toughness, action, and everything else that the movie'sabout; it looks like it belongs in a cartoon. Continuing with that theme, the way the rest of the font fades in and out looks weak and flimsy as well.

Keep working though, hopefully the constructive criticism you receive here will help you on future projects.

not to be mean...i hope you are in the beginning stages...but i have a friend who does a wwwaaaayyyy better job in that stuff. he is stellar. I hope he gets ajob doing it.

keep workin bro. your works looks too amateurish, lacks depth

Im no pro either but here are some of my works. i cant explain how you can put depth in your works but these might give you hints.
iamlegendir3.jpg

citypu2.jpg

stageyf7.jpg

worldcs9.jpg

Better take that Jordan pic down. JB could sue you for duplicating their logo.

It's a huge program to fully comprehend how to use, but with a little more practice you'll get better. Experimentation leads to learning.

Originally Posted by cicco1212

What do you think about it?

This looks like a negative. Make the font stand out. Center the title.

I don't know what to say.

Hot garbage...

Back
Top Bottom