UPS Package Handler?

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

I worked for UPS last year... for 3 days. Not worth killing myself for $8.50 an hour
30t6p3b.gif
do you seriously believe that if you continued to work there you would have died or that this job would shave years off your life?

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

I worked for UPS last year... for 3 days. Not worth killing myself for $8.50 an hour
30t6p3b.gif
do you seriously believe that if you continued to work there you would have died or that this job would shave years off your life?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

So I went to my appointment today, there were about 30 people. The whole tour lasted about 2 hours and I scheduled my interview for next tuesday at 7pm. I was wondering what would be appropriate to wear for the interview also what questions will they be asking?
You can dress very casual for your interview; there's no need to wear a suit or anything. If you're a student than you'll probably get hired automatically.  I been with UPS for 2 years 
and while the physicality of the job is difficult, the pay sucks and most of the supervisors are @$%?&, if you stay there for the long run then it could be worth it. Basically what the job boils down to is you're being paid to workout. One of the good things about UPS is that they give students up to $5,000 a year for school and you can do whatever you want with the money 
pimp.gif

So I went to my appointment today, there were about 30 people. The whole tour lasted about 2 hours and I scheduled my interview for next tuesday at 7pm. I was wondering what would be appropriate to wear for the interview also what questions will they be asking?
You can dress very casual for your interview; there's no need to wear a suit or anything. If you're a student than you'll probably get hired automatically.  I been with UPS for 2 years 
and while the physicality of the job is difficult, the pay sucks and most of the supervisors are @$%?&, if you stay there for the long run then it could be worth it. Basically what the job boils down to is you're being paid to workout. One of the good things about UPS is that they give students up to $5,000 a year for school and you can do whatever you want with the money 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

pimp.gif
you got a pm

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

pimp.gif
you got a pm

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Right now they are starting to hire for the Christmas season... So pretty much you have the job...

Pretty much. I'd be surprised if you didn't get it.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Right now they are starting to hire for the Christmas season... So pretty much you have the job...

Pretty much. I'd be surprised if you didn't get it.

some of ya'll dudes is ******* 
laugh.gif
.. ol' "9 pushups, my strengths gone by the 10th one type of dudes"...it's hardly slave labor and not even that hard...boring if anything...i've been there for about 4 years now...pay ain't nothing to brag about starting off but you get full insurance (for you and your fam), if you're in school you can get re-imbursed some of your pay and moving up can be pretty good, plus you're only working about 4 hours a day...most drivers start out between 60k-80k depending on how much OT you put in, but u have to work your way up

laugh.gif
.. ol' "9 pushups, my strengths gone by the 10th one type of dudes"...it's hardly slave labor and not even that hard...boring if anything...i've been there for about 4 years now...pay ain't nothing to brag about starting off but you get full insurance (for you and your fam), if you're in school you can get re-imbursed some of your pay and moving up can be pretty good, plus you're only working about 4 hours a day...most drivers start out between 60k-80k depending on how much OT you put in, but u have to work your way up

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

laugh.gif

Same here, about to be there 4 years... Where you located at?

Thats what I tell everybody, job is not difficult at all... Might take a little time to get get use... buts its real easy, i barely get bothered and i just do me... The perks are good like mentioned, all I want in return from this company is to give a job when I graduate college
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

laugh.gif

Same here, about to be there 4 years... Where you located at?

Thats what I tell everybody, job is not difficult at all... Might take a little time to get get use... buts its real easy, i barely get bothered and i just do me... The perks are good like mentioned, all I want in return from this company is to give a job when I graduate college
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dontae

Better than nothing though

THIS.  I currently work full time for bank of america, I wouldnt mind applying for this.  15-20 hours a week would be great.  SMH at all these people complaining about the "hard work" must be those that still live at home with mom and dad and pay no bills.  In today's economy u gotta work your +%+ off man.  Where i work at in the last 2 years they have laid off about 65% of the people that worked in this building (i work at a corporate building not at an actual bank as a teller or whatever) Ive seen grown Men and Women crying and begging to keep their jobs. It's tough man...

THIS.  I currently work full time for bank of america, I wouldnt mind applying for this.  15-20 hours a week would be great.  SMH at all these people complaining about the "hard work" must be those that still live at home with mom and dad and pay no bills.  In today's economy u gotta work your +%+ off man.  Where i work at in the last 2 years they have laid off about 65% of the people that worked in this building (i work at a corporate building not at an actual bank as a teller or whatever) Ive seen grown Men and Women crying and begging to keep their jobs. It's tough man...

THIS.  I currently work full time for bank of america, I wouldnt mind applying for this.  15-20 hours a week would be great.  SMH at all these people complaining about the "hard work" must be those that still live at home with mom and dad and pay no bills.  In today's economy u gotta work your %%% off man.  Where i work at in the last 2 years they have laid off about 65% of the people that worked in this building (i work at a corporate building not at an actual bank as a teller or whatever) Ive seen grown Men and Women crying and begging to keep their jobs. It's tough man...

THIS.  I currently work full time for bank of america, I wouldnt mind applying for this.  15-20 hours a week would be great.  SMH at all these people complaining about the "hard work" must be those that still live at home with mom and dad and pay no bills.  In today's economy u gotta work your %%% off man.  Where i work at in the last 2 years they have laid off about 65% of the people that worked in this building (i work at a corporate building not at an actual bank as a teller or whatever) Ive seen grown Men and Women crying and begging to keep their jobs. It's tough man...

BTW i know for a fact that at first it is tough, but if u stick around long enough the pay does get significantly better. I have a friend who's a driver. Dude gets paid about 30 an hour and has hook ups for every single thing u can imagine from working his route. Dude used to call me to go to this foot locker that was on his route, I used to get all my stuff with the manager's discount.

BTW i know for a fact that at first it is tough, but if u stick around long enough the pay does get significantly better. I have a friend who's a driver. Dude gets paid about 30 an hour and has hook ups for every single thing u can imagine from working his route. Dude used to call me to go to this foot locker that was on his route, I used to get all my stuff with the manager's discount.

Back
Top Bottom