*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

The thought of Derozan being replaced on this team is crazy

He's a good defender that gets to the foul line the most

If anyone should be replaced its Durant

kd-lebron-stare-kevin-durant-gifs.gif

this looks like a tough road to gold.
USA gotta go through Argentina, then winner of Spain / France, then winner of the other 4, which could be Australia or Serbia.

im hoping for a USA v Australia gold matchup.

Any road would have been hard right now , the way the team is playing. Still we will win the gold. The guys will get it together!!!

very true ^
forgot to add that all 4 games are good watches. only blowout i can see happen are the USA & Australia games

Still we will win the gold. The guys will get it together!!!
That 'Magic Switch' mentality. 
laugh.gif

Us getting gold is about as far from a guarantee as there could possibly be.

Possible? Of course? I'll even say likely.

But definitely? Like no one's stopping us, it's definitely going to happen, BOOK IT?

Nah, man.

^^^^ I would not bet against it, but that's me. Still the US women soccer team lost. Simon biles lost today also even Alyson Felix. Anything can happen. I am always positive with this team though.

... like the last 3 games, the team will rely on ISO ball late in the 4th.
& why not? Kyrie / KD & catch & shoot guys with Melo / Klay
i cant name a defender on another team that can 'shutdown' anyone on the team.
ISO ball FTW

this looks like a tough road to gold.
USA gotta go through Argentina, then winner of Spain / France, then winner of the other 4, which could be Australia or Serbia.

im hoping for a USA v Australia gold matchup.

Those Croatia vs Serbia and Australia vs Lithuania games should be LIT.

USA will probably kill Argentina but they're going to have to see Spain next round when they're rolling right now.

The thought of Derozan being replaced on this team is crazy

He's a good defender that gets to the foul line the most

If anyone should be replaced its Durant

The guy Derozan is garbage. JJ Reddick would serve this team better than him :lol:

Derozan cant shoot. He cant pass. He cant even iso to score effeciently. If hes not going to the line or dunking hard he's useless.

If Westbrook alone was on this team I don't think they'd be having these problems. Draymond and Cousins are the only guys on this team with any type of dog in them but Dray is playing like dog **** and losing the ball every play and Cousins isn't doing much of anything vs these other big *** physical Euro bigs.

I feel 100% the same way. They don't have that " spark " like Wade in 08 and Westbrook in 12 brings in.

Also the halfcourt O is still basura

What is a passing PG really mean? Someone that can't really get buckets?

And why do you think that is the answer?

Not arguing, just interested in your stance

I think it's moreso the fact that this whole roster besides DJ and Draymond is just a bunch of "get buckets" type of players.

What is a passing PG really mean? Someone that can't really get buckets?

And why do you think that is the answer?

Not arguing, just interested in your stance

As mentioned above, the roster has get buckets type players already. I also wouldn't confuse a pass first point guard with someone who can't get buckets. The benefits of having a point guard that dictates the tempo and gets the ball in the right spots outweighs the benefits of another scorer.

If you add Russ, you have to add Harden.

Harden would instantly become the best perimeter playmaker on the team and would thrive. Just allow him to facilitate, make plays as needed and it'll get done.I think it burns people souls to say something good about Harden :lol:

Westbrook would've helped ,but Westbrook with that collection of talent and no distributors wouldn't have been the best recipe. They would've got out faster on the break, but in the halfcourt it would've looked just as bad.

Last edited:
I don't think my heart could handle KD, WB, and Harden out there doing damage.

Imagine if they played together in the league... [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Except for CP3 and maybe Conley, a "pure PG" is just code for a PG that can't shoot.

... like the last 3 games, the team will rely on ISO ball late in the 4th.
& why not? Kyrie / KD & catch & shoot guys with Melo / Klay
i cant name a defender on another team that can 'shutdown' anyone on the team.
ISO ball FTW

Don't have to stop anybody when they missing wide-open shots.

Yeah Conley is probably the only nice "pure" PG left to currently play and even he is going to be looking to score first this season.

Back
Top Bottom