*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

^ COOOOOOOOMMMPPLLETE co-sign.
smokin.gif

Only thing is, the USA vs. World is nowhere near as balanced as, say MLB or NHL.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

I'd LOVE to see this concept:

On years we had the Olympics and World Basketball Championships, instead of playing All-Star Weekend East vs. West, we had an International Friendly. USA vs. World All Stars or something like that.

Thoughts?

If there were enough international players deserving of making a full squad and on a consistent basis so it's not just a gimmick, then I would say yes but for now...no thank you.

If the NBA wants to branch out internationally and say have an All-Star game in London on year, then I would be all for an international themed All-Star game.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

I'd LOVE to see this concept:

On years we had the Olympics and World Basketball Championships, instead of playing All-Star Weekend East vs. West, we had an International Friendly. USA vs. World All Stars or something like that.

Thoughts?

If there were enough international players deserving of making a full squad and on a consistent basis so it's not just a gimmick, then I would say yes but for now...no thank you.

If the NBA wants to branch out internationally and say have an All-Star game in London on year, then I would be all for an international themed All-Star game.
I agree, but as I stated, it wouldn't be every year - just on years where we have an International Tourny that summer.

This year you could make a team out of the following though:

P. Gasol
M. Gasol
Calderon
Dirk
Kyrie Irving*
Ricky
Deng
Al Horford*
Tony Parker
Diaw
Steve Nash
Yi
Manu
Scola
Villanueva
Bogut
Darko
Vlad
Dragic
Beno Udrih
Kaman
Türkoğlu
Noah
Gallinari*
Pietrus
Turiaf
Casspi
Detlef Schrempf (
laugh.gif
eek.gif
)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ COOOOOOOOMMMPPLLETE co-sign.
smokin.gif

Only thing is, the USA vs. World is nowhere near as balanced as, say MLB or NHL.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detlef_SchrempfThanks! And I agree, but I think when playing in this setting at least the players may take it a little more serious.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

also i heard irving wants to play for australia
Yea, DX was saying to KEEP Kyrie from ever playing with Austrailia they should snatch him up now.

Ya I dunno about this......
30t6p3b.gif

Shoes are clean though. I guess Lebron is ditching his sig shoe for the new Hyperdunks

AmMNkMlCAAAMKiH.jpg:large

AmMKfoBCMAAz-fZ.jpg:large

And also I guess these 4 guys are locks for the squad
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
then again there are really only like 2 open spots, possibly 4 but thats a stretch, up for grabs.

As stated before the locks have to be

1 Kobe
2 Durant
3 Lebron
4 Williams
5 Paul
6 Howard
7 Melo
8 Bosh
9 Wade?
10 Love/Rose?

rose should not be on the squad, im tired of hearing his name come up
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Deron
Kobe
KD
Lebron
D12

Paul
LA
Melo
Russy
Love
Wade

Westbrook > Rose for slightly better shooting, less injury prone, and considerably better on ball defense (pesky int'l PGs)

If Coach K can keep Russy from putting on the cape, because yes his intangible pesky crackhead D, surprising knack for crashing the board, not to mention his athleticism and slashing, would be perfect for this squad.... then Westbrook>Rose

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Westbrook > Rose for slightly better shooting, less injury prone, and considerably better on ball defense (pesky int'l PGs)

laugh.gif
you do know that the 9 games he missed so far this year are more games than he's missed in his 1st 3 yrs combined right?

You don't like him then you don't like him... Or if you're just a Russy fan then you're just a Russy fan.  But to say Pooh's Injury Prone as a reason to discredit his participation is just a bad counter point.

Bottom Line is that baring any injury Pooh's going to be on the Olympic squad. 
pimp.gif

Kinda plain but I like the font
pimp.gif

No way Lebron wears anything but something in his signature line...probably the Soldier 6s 

nike-zoom-soldier-6-ss-white-university-red-1-01.jpeg

Just saying.... (pardon the poor twitter copy and paste)
http://twitter.com/#!/nikebasketball
http://twitter.com/#!/nikebasketball
http://twitter.com/#!/nikebasketballNike Basketball @nikebasketball
Jump high. Land soft. @KingJames will be rocking the new Nike Hyperdunk this summer. [font=HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://t.co/uSFJlLhT[/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/font]

on the reals though, if anybody could actually show me how to copy and paste tweets without them looking ******ed PM me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by MzD650

Originally Posted by MMG

rose should not be on the squad, im tired of hearing his name come up
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Thank you.

I guess you guys didn't watch the World Championships.
He didn't really do %!#! in the WC, Westbrook did much better than him (although Westbrook was playing off-ball).
D.Will is the best point guard for international ball.

Considering the starting lineup will be PG-Kobe-Durant-Lebron-Howard, I don't care what kind of offense Westbrook provides. There's enough scoring in the lineups Team USA is putting out there. A PG in FIBA needs to be a facilitator and distributor, and Rose does that better than Westbrook. Also, Rose isn't a crunch time liability in terms of possible hero mode.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Considering the starting lineup will be PG-Kobe-Durant-Lebron-Howard, I don't care what kind of offense Westbrook provides. There's enough scoring in the lineups Team USA is putting out there. A PG in FIBA needs to be a facilitator and distributor, and Rose does that better than Westbrook. Also, Rose isn't a crunch time liability in terms of possible hero mode.

Going off of this,the best 2 options and the most likely ones are CP3 and D-Will not Rose or Westbrook. Rose is gonna have his time to shine internationally later on,just not now.

Its safe to say we will be carrying a minimum of 3 PGs again, wouldn't be too surprised if we had a 4th as well

I still believe they'll take three point guards though, especially considering it's likely only two shooting guards will be on the roster (back court depth).

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

indifferent.gif
@ anyone who thinks that Russell Westbrick does anything better than D. Rose.

nothing at all? 

rebound?

defense?

nothing at all..

Yup, 3 for sure. Just wouldn't be surprised if they took Williams, Paul, Rose, AND Russy. Rose and Westbrook could both slide over off the ball to help out Kobe/Wade....

Regardless of who is on the team, I can't @$%#**# wait for this summer
pimp.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Its safe to say we will be carrying a minimum of 3 PGs again, wouldn't be too surprised if we had a 4th as well
They're not sacrificing a big for a 4th point guard. Love, Aldridge (or Bosh), Chandler (or Bosh) and Howard should be the bigs. Also, I don't want to hear any of this Blake Griffin nonsense. He doesn't belong on the team.

Back
Top Bottom