USA Today unveiling All Decade NFL team this month (FINAL page 7)

...should give us something to follow the next couple weeks. I guess they are doing the "top 5" at each position.

NFL's All Decade 2000-2009

About this series
: USA TODAY is unveiling the top fiveplayers of the 2000s at each position from Jan. 11-Jan. 29. Everyweekday, a new position will be profiled. After the Super Bowl, USATODAY will reveal its NFL Franchise of the Decade.

First up: Outside Linebacker

brooksx-large.jpg

Voting in USA TODAY's balloting for All-Decade outside linebackers:

1. Derrick Brooks, 43 (seven first-place votes)
2. Joey Porter, 39 (two first-place votes)
3. DeMarcus Ware, 16
4. Lance Briggs, 10
5. Julian Peterson, 9 (first-place vote)

Others receiving votes: James Harrison, 7; Keith Bulluck, 7; Shawne Merriman, 5; Mike Peterson, 4; Mike Vrabel, 3; Willie McGinest, 3; Terrell Suggs, 3; Takeo Spikes, 1.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-01-10-all-decade-olbs-derrick-brooks_N.htm

Will update this as they come in...

Why shouldn't Derrick Brooks get the 1st place spot. Dude been goin hard since I can remember. He the only reason I used to play w/ the Bucs back in theearly part of the 2000's

Keith Bulluck deserved more votes..I remember when Julian Peterson was beastin..Y is James Harrison on this list and why is he first in the others votes??

Who the hell voted for Bob Sanders?
laugh.gif

ST would been HIGH up this list.
tired.gif

Nicely done Ed Reed. Nicely done.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by ESyDC

Keith Bulluck deserved more votes.
This. He should have been higher than Briggs and Peterson - in my opinion.

Can't wait for the homers to destroy this thread.

Peterson yes, Briggs?

thats a maybe, but Briggs has had 5 dominant years this decade.

Porter should be below Bulluck and Briggs imo. They should have taken a better look at Briggs imo

Originally Posted by OB87

Keith Bulluck deserved more votes..I remember when Julian Peterson was beastin..Y is James Harrison on this list and why is he first in the others votes??

2 straight all-pros, 3 straight probowls to end the decade, a defensive MVP and 2 superbowls on a few great defenses. What was your question again?
grin.gif

Good start so far...

Julian Peterson over Harrison and Bulluck? Ehhhh..

Ehhhh, I see the debate with Harrison. Because, he's really only been dominant for 2 maybe 3 years out of the whole decade.

And if we're going for 'player of the decade/all decade team' then I would expect said player to be dominant for more than half of a decade atleast...

Ed Reed, dominant for 5+ years. Same for Brooks

Other than Adrian Wilson, I see no problems with the safety list. Can't believe Lynch is the 5th best safety this decade, but w/e.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ehhhh, I see the debate with Harrison. Because, he's really only been dominant for 2 maybe 3 years out of the whole decade.

And if we're going for 'player of the decade/all decade team' then I would expect said player to be dominant for more than half of a decade at least...

Ed Reed, dominant for 5+ years. Same for Brooks

But at OLB, who has been "dominant" for more than 2 or 3 years at a time? A few guys have been pretty solid all that time, but dominance is prettyfleeting in this league for all but a few. Like I said - I don't think he's anywhere near winning the spot, but his name deserves a mentionconsidering his last 3 years of the decade were so good.

Back
Top Bottom