USC RB Stafon Johnson in hosptial after weightroom accident

TheGodFresco

formerly gsdoubleu
sorry if posted, i searched

Just saw on ESPN, the bar fell on his throat, rushed to the hospital, coughing up blood and bleeding from his nose.
Said he will most likely need surgery, Docs said its serious.

something i always worried about when bench pressing

i wonder if anyone was spotting him

smh.gif

Always, always, always use a spotter.

Hope he's ok, but that just sound
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif
damn...I hope dude is OK....

either he didn't have a spotter, or his spotters weren't paying attention....

*do any of yall kinda hold up your workouts in the gym when you see folks w. no spotter trying to put up too much weight? Not necessarily asking them for aspot, but watching out of the corner of your eye in case something goes wrong....

or his spotter coulda been BSin...

Ive seen it happen. dude thinks, o thats liteweight, Ive seen him rack that many times...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*do any of yall kinda hold up your workouts in the gym when you see folks w. no spotter trying to put up too much weight? Not necessarily asking them for a spot, but watching out of the corner of your eye in case something goes wrong....
Always.
laugh.gif

I hate seein dudes in the gym by themselves throwin around huge weight...

smh.gif

*do any of yall kinda hold up your workouts in the gym when you see folks w. no spotter trying to put up too much weight? Not necessarily asking them for a spot, but watching out of the corner of your eye in case something goes wrong....
All the time, especially when the kid is young looking or if the weight looks like it could be too much. Its never good to see someone get handledby some weight.

smh.gif

yep, when im in the weight room, and i see someone who doing some heavy weight, i keep a eye on them make sure nothing happens. Weight roomaccidents should not happen, it can be prevented.

When im lifting, i ALWAYS tell the spotter that he better make sure to pay attention until that bar is racked up

Hahaha i do it all the time. It makes me real nervous seeing guys struggle

the bar fell on his throat. If his season isn't done I'd be surprised. He's going to have trouble breathing and eating for a long while if heisn't permanently injured. Pending on how much he was lifting, it could have been 100-200lbs falling straight on dudes throat. Crazy.

Probably used an open (thumbless) grip for Bench Press. If any if you press like this, stop.

Dropping bars on your throat/chest doesn't happen with a wrapped grip.

Wow, that is scary. Things like this remind me of why I don't work out (I just tell myself that to be lazy)

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

I just read that he was being spotted. What the hell??
what was he being spotted at.....

I don't know about y'all, but I don't want my spotter to have a tight #@! grip on the bar while I bench. So I see how this could happen even with aspotter... if that bar slips outta his hand, nobody is catching it to save him.

Sad, but i see lame dudes in the gym all the time piling on weight they have no business touching just because they have a spotter OR TWO, that help thempretend they are lifting much more than they will ever be able to lift.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

I don't know about y'all, but I don't want my spotter to have a tight #@! grip on the bar while I bench. So I see how this could happen even with a spotter... if that bar slips outta his hand, nobody is catching it to save him.
Well i never do crazy weight outta the ordinary for me. If i know my max is 315 i'm not gonna be adding another plate of 45s and going for 405
laugh.gif
The most I'll add to my max is 20 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom