UVA Mens Lax player charged w. first-degree murder of UVA female Lax player....

smh.gif

Terrible...

[h1]George Huguely, UVA Lacrosse Player, charged with Yeardley Love's death[/h1]

A University of Virginia men's lacrosse player from Chevy Chase and the Landon School has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of a women's lacrosse player at the school.

George Huguely, 22, is charged with killing Yeardley Love, also 22, of Cockeysville, Md., police said. Both are seniors.
http://
Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo said officers responded to a call at about 2:15 Monday morning for a possible alcohol oversdose at Love's apartment but once there "the obvious physical trauma to her" led them to start a homicide investigation. He declined to say what the nature of the injuries were.

Love was found in bed by a roommate at their private apartment about 3 blocks from campus that Love shared with two female friends, Longo said. Huguely was located at his apartment and questioned and arrested by about 6 a.m., Longo.

Longo said police have no other suspects in the case. Love and Huguely, he said, "have had a romantic relationship but the exact status of that at this time is part of our investigation."

Rest of article in link...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/virginia/uva-suspected-homicide.html

the killer is from the same DC-area school as the Duke lax players from the rape scandal
smh.gif
:

http://www.washingtonpost.../31/AR2006033101879.html

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
PH2006040100044.jpg

"I sympathize for the team. They've been scrutinized so hard and no oneknows what has happened yet," says Landon co-captain George Huguely.(By Linda Davidson -- The Washington Post)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

the killer is from the same DC-area school as the Duke lax players from the rape scandal
smh.gif
:

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
PH2006040100044.jpg

"I sympathize for the team. They've been scrutinized so hard and no one knows what has happened yet," says Landon co-captain George Huguely. (By Linda Davidson -- The Washington Post)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Damn....such an eerie coincidence....

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

smh.gif
:

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

One of my friends just came to class telling me, "Dude, one of my friends from HS is in jail right now, they said he killed his girlfriend."  From what his friends told him,  he was on so many drugs at the time he doesn't even remember the last couple days when the killing happened.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Just a damn shame and a sad situation.

First, off its no "coincidence" that George went to the same school as Dave Evans and some of the other Lacrosse players from Duke, it is one of the best schools for Lacrosse in the country and has been a powerhouse for decades. Second off, having know both George and Yeardley, I would suggest that some of you shut your mouths until the details come out. A horrible day for everyone involved, two promising young lives completely gone. tragic.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

First, off its no "coincidence" that George went to the same school as Dave Evans and some of the other Lacrosse players from Duke, it is one of the best schools for Lacrosse in the country and has been a powerhouse for decades. Second off, having know both George and Yeardley, I would suggest that some of you shut your mouths until the details come out. A horrible day for everyone involved, two promising young lives completely gone. tragic.

By coincidence, Huguely attended the same prep school as theDuke lacrosse players who were accused of sexually assaulting awoman at a team party.

Link

anyways....UVA issued a statement calling it a murder, so I think most people in here are going off of what is being reported. 

He will probably have one hell of a lawyer being from Landon. Her roomie said she could might have died from alcohol poisoning, so she was probably drunk at the time when all this was going down. He will probably get the murder charges downgraded if there were other factors such as drugs/alcohol involved. Sad story all around.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

By coincidence, Huguely attended the same prep school as theDuke lacrosse players who were accused of sexually assaulting awoman at a team party.

Link

anyways....UVA issued a statement calling it a murder, so I think most people in here are going off of what is being reported. 

What does Landon have to do with any of it? There is no correlation between the two except trying to stir the pot of playing the "look at this rich entitled white kid from DC." Its one of the best LAX schools in the country, not sure why they are making it sound like its a breeding ground for criminals.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Link

What does Landon have to do with any of it? There is no correlation between the two except trying to stir the pot of playing the "look at this rich entitled white kid from DC." Its one of the best LAX schools in the country, not sure why they are making it sound like its a breeding ground for criminals.

I'm not questioning anything that you're saying, but you have to understand that people ARE calling it a coincidence....no matter how you feel it's bad press for the school and the media will run w. whatever they decide to write based off of preconceived notions.

I hate to speculate, but if they are charging the young man w. 1st degree murder, does that mean they have a confession?

definition of 1st degree murder:

In order for someone to be found guilty of first degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

To kill with malice aforethought means to kill either deliberately and intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life.

Premeditation means with planning or deliberation. The amount of time needed for premeditation of a killing depends on the person and the circumstances. It must be long enough, after forming the intent to kill, for the killer to have been fully conscious of the intent and to have considered the killing.

man...things twistin the OTHER way and soxfan not feelin it all.

RIP to the young lady

I still spy from time to time.

Dude is a big coke head with an abusive past with this girl from what I hear. Ironically, guess who was walking down the street coming home from bars last night when the cops were first getting to the scene? Myself.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I still spy from time to time.

Dude is a big coke head with an abusive past with this girl from what I hear. Ironically, guess who was walking down the street coming home from bars last night when the cops were first getting to the scene? Myself.
fact.

im not disputing any of the claims against George. Trust me. What I am disputing is the medias infatuation with Landon and that there is correlation between the school and the murder.

If what I heard about the emails he was sending over the schools server as far back as last week...since he is getting charged in VA..I wouldnt be shocked if he got the death penalty.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

man...things twistin the OTHER way and soxfan not feelin it all.

RIP to the young lady

Even when one guy plays the race card, another guy has to play it right back. Wonderful.

According to search warrant requests, George Huguely admitted to police that he kicked through Yeardley Love's door before choking her and slamming her head against the wall. Huguely's attorney says it was "an accident with a tragic outcome."

An accident you say? Hmmmm

DaJoka004 wrote:
 Ironically, guess who was walking down the street coming home from bars last night when the cops were first getting to the scene? Myself.

Damn, that's wild.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

According to search warrant requests, George Huguely admitted to police that he kicked through Yeardley Love's door before choking her and slamming her head against the wall. Huguely's attorney says it was "an accident with a tragic outcome."

An accident you say? Hmmmm
Whoa....
smh.gif

how does one even justify that as an accident????....the 1st degree murder charge makes a lot of sense. 

RIP to the girl. 

If he was drunk/high/all then I could see them saying he wasn't in his right state of mind. They'll do anything to get a lesser charge than first degree murder.

He wont be getting off of this one. This will be very ugly.
He better never be a free man again. You were right about the emails. !++$+** even tried to steal her computer to get rid of the emails.

Back
Top Bottom