UW Students: Check In

^esp if you're paying out of state
sick.gif
(which i'm not, thankfully
glasses.gif
)

...maybe it's always dead in here b/c everyone's always studying?

laugh.gif

what's with all the crimes in north campus? with so many crimes going on at night, why do people still walk alone..

This message to members of the University community is being sent in the interest of public safety and in compliance with federal law requiringtimely warning notification of crimes committed on or near campus.

Timely Warning Notification of a Criminal Incidents - Seattle Campus - January 24 and 26, 2009 - Armed Robbery

There has been a rash of recent robbery incidents in the area north of the University of Washington's Seattle campus. The Seattle Police Department and theUniversity of Washington Police Department continue to coordinate their efforts to make the area safer. Additional officers have been added by the Universityof Washington to patrol the area. The Seattle Police Department has shifted both North Precinct resources as well as citywide resources to the area. Thisupsurge of violent activity is unacceptable.

Around midnight on January 24, 2009, a male victim was walking home in the area of NE 45th Street and 9th Ave NE, when he was approached by two male suspectswho demanded money. The victim was struck in the face and his wallet was taken, along with $40.00 cash. The suspects were described as males, in theirmid-20's, wearing dark hooded sweatshirts.

This incident is being investigated by the Seattle Police Department under incident number 2009-030031. If you have any additional information about thiscrime please call the Seattle Police Department at (206) 625-5011.

On January 26, 2009, also near midnight, a male victim was walking northbound in the 5200 block of 17th Ave NE when he was approached by two male suspects. The suspects asked to use the victim's cell phone and when he refused he was struck with a fist. The victim's backpack, containing various items wastaken. The suspects fled northbound on 17th Ave NE in a burgundy PT Cruiser.

This incident is being investigated by the Seattle Police Department under incident number 2009-032322. If you have any additional information about thiscrime or the associated vehicle, please call the Seattle Police at (206) 625-5011.

Prevention tips for incidents such as this:

Man it's not safe to walk around the UW area late at night anymore AT ALL..... ESPECIALLY if you are alone.
Not too long ago there was that report of three dudes together even getting robbed.
It's crazy out there....

I carry a good size knife on me when I walk around at night, but I don't even know how much that'd help cuz some of these fools might have guns
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

On January 26, 2009, also near midnight, a male victim was walking northbound in the 5200 block of 17th Ave NE when he was approached by two male suspects. The suspects asked to use the victim's cell phone and when he refused he was struck with a fist. The victim's backpack, containing various items was taken. The suspects fled northbound on 17th Ave NE in a burgundy PT Cruiser.

SMH that was my homeboy who got jumped...dude JUST had shoulder surgery too
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

This area is getting TOO sketchy

Good remix of BK Girls.
pimp.gif

But someone who doesn't know what a Husky is, might think you like the huskier ladies... nah, playin...
laugh.gif

[h2]Suspects caught after U-District robbery[/h2]
On February 8th at approximately 1:29 a.m. officers responded to the area of 22nd Avenue NE and NE 47th Street for the report of three victims who were assaulted and robbed by multiple suspects. The victims were confronted by the suspects and when they refused to comply with the suspects' demands, two of the victims were punched and kicked. A third victim ran from the scene but was injured when he was chased through a thicket of bushes. After assaulting the victims, the suspects robbed them. The suspects then fled in the direction of Greek Row. Investigating officers developed information that led them to a fraternity house in the 2100 block of NE 47th Street. Upon further investigation officers located and arrested four suspects inside the house. Three suspects were determined to have been involved in the robbery while the fourth suspect was wanted on an outstanding warrant. All four suspects were subsequently booked into the King County Jail: three for Investigation of Robbery and one for the warrant.

MUSIC 185 Concert Season for 2 credits. I'm in that right now. GEN ST 350 Independent Fieldwork for how ever many credits you want. You work a internshipfor credit and write a paper at the end of the qtr.

easy but boring from what friends told me....lots of studying and reading...not worth it

engr 100 or engr 101...funnest easiest class i've ever taken in my 5 years

anyone out there willing to hold a econ 300 class for me til the 26th?

help a fellow nt'er out!

Anyone else a business student in here? My registration date is late!....

Originally Posted by daaznfella

easy but boring from what friends told me....lots of studying and reading...not worth it

engr 100 or engr 101...funnest easiest class i've ever taken in my 5 years

which teacher did you have?

he was asian, to be honest i dont remember his name, because he went by ryan...and yes....he wore a wolf shirt, that should sell you on the class

YO!

Everyone, I'm planning on throwing a hip hop concert in Spring Qtr showcasing the top 5 or 6 UW Hip Hop/R &B called artists. The event will be called'We Are Hip Hop'. I'm starting to contact some artists that I know already, but there are definitely people I'm not familiar with.

If you guys know ANY decent artists worth contacting then PM me please. This is gonna be a crazy event.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

he was asian, to be honest i dont remember his name, because he went by ryan...and yes....he wore a wolf shirt, that should sell you on the class

is there a lot of writing in this class?

only reason i showed up was to turn in the paper....no other reason rob lol

and vcxv, yupp how did you like the class? wolf shirt man.....wolf shirt

hahaha, the class was pretty fun although i felt the grading was a bit unfair considering it's how your GROUP performs and conducts the projects more sothan the individual effort you put in. That being said...how can you argue with building popsicle stick bridges and lego robots?!? I also had Venoy Overton andDarnell Gant in my class and let me be the first to say..they made the class entertaining. Venoy would just walk in and sit down while Ryan was talking andjust have his headphones blasting so the entire class could hear them over Ryanns voice. and then he'd pull out one of his TWO cellphones and just starttalkin on it in the middle of class and sometimes just walk out in the middle of class. And whenever he's not doin those things, him and darnell would becrackin jokes and just laughin out loud abruptly all the danm time hahah. Foreal tho..fun class, Ryans goofy as heIl...saw him walking on the ave yesterdaybtw. Dudes gotten hella white hairs grown since I last saw him, I thought he was relatively young too? must be stressin himself out lol.

Back
Top Bottom