V.2015 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

Look at the Schedule A form. You know there's other things on there you can deduct besides mortgage right?

Yeah I am wondering the areas where these fraudsters use. The usual is unreimbused employee expenses which only takes the IRS to send that generic notice to the employer in order to verify the company policy on reimbursements. I have seen those notices. So what else? Medical? That's kinda hard considering you gotta first get over 10% of your income first. Taxes? Casualty losses?

I can't file state taxes for free on turbo tax since I was freelancing last year and have to fill out a 1099-misc. Apparently it doesn't qualify for the free service. My fees are $70.

Should I be worrying and rushing to file this today, or wait until two weeks from now when I get my next paycheck? (I'm moving next week so I'm going to have a few thousands of dollars in expenses and it'd be nice not to have another $70 gone from my account if there's no rush.)

Or are costs going to fly up and I'd be screwed and wishing I'd filed it today?

EDIT

Paid the turbo tax fee, and forgot i still owed taxes on top of that 
laugh.gif
which I def won't file until March.

Basically just gave them $70 for no reason.

Last edited:
Hey guys. So I've been filing my taxes with turbotax these past 5 years. I need to amend my taxes from 2013. I can still do that, correct? I already filed my 2014 taxes.

Hey guys. So I've been filing my taxes with turbotax these past 5 years. I need to amend my taxes from 2013. I can still do that, correct? I already filed my 2014 taxes.

yes, you are able to file an amended return to change the information you originally reported for your 2013 taxes. are you asking if you can utilize turbotax to do so, or did you have another concern about the irs accepting your amended return?

yes, you are able to file an amended return to change the information you originally reported for your 2013 taxes. are you asking if you can utilize turbotax to do so, or did you have another concern about the irs accepting your amended return?
I was just going to pay someone to do it. Instead of doing it through the website. Wasn't sure if I could do it through the website.

View media item 1403869

Half my income is commission based so regardless of exceptions I'm getting hit for 35% because it's viewed as supplemental income.

Good try though ****boy

yea but there is no such thing as I paid /owe13k and taxes and got $6400 back. what you need to say is I overpaid $6400

You need to adjust you exemptions. The money your getting back isnt free money , its money your loaning to the gov for the year. basically your overpaying and getting your own money back. You probably claming 0 fromthe looks.
I'm convinced you know only the basic of taxation laws if you're really telling him to adjust his withholding for bonus/commission income. Have to wonder what other false info you've been feeding people.

Your accountant is boosting up your deductions somewhere. I get it done all the time. Fed takes like 11K from me with 2 withholdings on my W-4. With standard deductions I would only be seeing around $1000 back at most (Single, no kids, no mortgage). They jack up the deductions to get me a return in the $4k-$5K range and pray we don't get audited.
Thats fraud.. Reporting your post to the IRS...

Only thing he have to be doing is claiming you bought a house or something

Look at the Schedule A form. You know there's other things on there you can deduct besides mortgage right?
^ Unless you owe a mortgage than can you explain how they just 'jack up' deductions? Non cash contribution deduction of $10,000?
laugh.gif
If your account gets selected, and they see -0- under mortgage interest, it's an obvious red flag.
Only way to get an extra 4k back you got to be claiming a mortage or something anything else wil set of a red flag when the irs get your return

Your accountant is boosting up your deductions somewhere. I get it done all the time. Fed takes like 11K from me with 2 withholdings on my W-4. With standard deductions I would only be seeing around $1000 back at most (Single, no kids, no mortgage). They jack up the deductions to get me a return in the $4k-$5K range and pray we don't get audited.

Thats fraud.. Reporting your post to the IRS...

Only thing he have to be doing is claiming you bought a house or something
View media item 1408649

Im only getting $140 back and I had to pay $20 to turbo tax to file my state.

Not sure if i'm happy or sad :smh:

Filed federal and state for free with TurboTax Freedom edition. Made about 7,500 last year (summer internship) and am getting back 1600. Not bad.

Filed federal and state for free with TurboTax Freedom edition. Made about 7,500 last year (summer internship) and am getting back 1600. Not bad.
WOW you over paid alot!  Quit claiming 0

Its very bad. You gave the GOV a free loan for the year...lol   

Last edited:
WOW you over paid alot!  Quit claiming 0

Its very bad. You gave the GOV a free loan for the year...lol   

Lol, yeah I did an accounting internship - I know I gave them a free loan. However, better to give the government a free loan than have that extra scrills in my account. Knowing me I'd just spend it little by little over the year on stuff that I don't need. The less money I have the more frugal and smart I am when it comes to personal finances. Now, I got this great direct deposit coming up in a nice tidy big amount and I can spend it something unforeseen (flight + etc for a friend's bachelor party).

But yeah you are right (for everyone else). If you are making your normal annual salary it is extremely dumb to give the government too much money. You could be growing that money. Better to give them less and owe them money on tax date. We humans are weak/not rational though - a tax refund always going to feel like an unexpected bonus.

So what should we claim?
I dont know you all situation but it shouldnt be zero. If you are single claiming yourself only you should put 2 down, if you got kids or support someone else then you can claim more

Smh got my taxes back and I'm pissed . anybody on here that I can pm that can help me out ?

I was just going to pay someone to do it. Instead of doing it through the website. Wasn't sure if I could do it through the website.
You cant amend for a previous yr using the site. Its updated annuallty with new tax rates and laws. You would have to purchase the desktop software for that year to amend.
...Or you can pay somene

Last edited:
quick question:

I was unemployed all of 2013 and did not receive unemployment assistance so I did not file for 2013

I got my 1098-E for 2014 and I realized I never checked my 1098 for 2013. I checked and saw I paid $757 in student loan interest

:nerd: Should I file for 2013 now? :nerd: That 1098-E would be the only form I had for that year so would it make a difference or is it still unnecessary?

Smh got my taxes back and I'm pissed . anybody on here that I can pm that can help me out ?

Hit me up

You cant amend for a previous yr using the site. Its updated annuallty with new tax rates and laws. You would have to purchase the desktop software for that year to amend.
...Or you can pay somene

No you have to file by paperwork

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom