*** \V/ N*E*R*D - Seeing Sounds Album Discussion Thread \V/ *** (UPDATED)

Bought it today along with "The In Crowd" every1 was buying Wayne (sheep). It's in my kar at the moment and I'm only up to track 8 but so farI like it. Gotta give it more listens before comparing to ISO and FOD

Album is
pimp.gif
eek.gif

So i was reading the inspiration to this cd...Synesthesia.You guys should look it up. Reading about it triggered some memory from when i was a little kid. Iused to have certain colorful images triggered to days of the week. About 1 in 23 people experience this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Originally Posted by Unphased4

So i was reading the inspiration to this cd...Synesthesia.You guys should look it up. Reading about it triggered some memory from when i was a little kid. I used to have certain colorful images triggered to days of the week. About 1 in 23 people experience this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Yeah, I saw Pharrell mentioning that in the credits. The intro kinda makes sense now.

I wonder if all great music producers go through some musical phenomena. I remember watching Diary with Kanye, and he painted a picture of a beat he had in hishead.

haha. half of NT talk is gonna come out of the woodwork and confess to having synesthesia.

i 'l let you know because i'm gonna be seing bulldish.

yo im a neptunes/pharrell fan but never really mess wit nerd fa real other than the couple singles they had and attack of, but this seeing sounds %*%@ isaiite. I might have to get some of the other stuff. Whats their best cd??

This album is Bananas, Reminds me a lot of Make Sure They See My Face, And You Know What is crack rocks just like Say goodbye to love. Now does anyone knowwhere I can find an OG copy of In Search Of.

Originally Posted by Will0827

This album is Bananas, Reminds me a lot of Make Sure They See My Face, And You Know What is crack rocks just like Say goodbye to love. Now does anyone know where I can find an OG copy of In Search Of.

Any copy of it is good.

What song were N.E.R.D performing when Kimmel went off I was in a bar so I couldn't hear anything just saw it...seeing sounds without the actualsound...lol

Any special offers between Best Buy, Target, Circuit City?
do any/all of them have the Lazer Gun joint?

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Is today the first time listening to the album, Ryan...?

I commend you for holding out so long, if that is true.

And yes... "You Know What" is my favorite track...
pimp.gif

Yea man, I actually did it. I can't believe it myself.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Kill Joy has to be modeled after 80's Chili Peppers. It just has to...

TRUTH that track is straight up ridiculous along with 'Happy'.

The Best Buy near me here in Brooklyn had a few copies left so I was glad to see that.

I can't wait to give this album a few more full spins today and yeah 'You Know What' may be my favorite track, it's insane. As much as Iliked FOD ( 'Maybe' being one of the best N.E.R.D tracks ever to me ) this album does seem more complete then even ISO as people mentioned andthat's a huge accomplishment.

-Justin!

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Is today the first time listening to the album, Ryan...?

I commend you for holding out so long, if that is true.

And yes... "You Know What" is my favorite track...
pimp.gif

Yea man, I actually did it. I can't believe it myself.

laugh.gif
.... Bravo, mate.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

This album is Bananas, Reminds me a lot of Make Sure They See My Face, And You Know What is crack rocks just like Say goodbye to love. Now does anyone know where I can find an OG copy of In Search Of.

Any copy of it is good.

I know that i got a copy of the album already, what i want is the 2001 version before the re-release before they brought spymob to do some of theinstruments on the album.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Any copy of it is good.
Word. I prefer the Spymob version of ISO though, the one I have in my picture 2 pages back. It lacks the skits and the OG intro track, and thegreatest outerlude known to man (Tape You's "And cut....And Action"). But the Version brings more acoustic instrumentation and Harmony on a lotof vocals.

And for whoever is asking about "What's the other best N.E.R.D they should cop." You need to get Fly or Die. I have no idea why dudes areshunning this so hard, like it's completely out of ISO's league. ISO was great, maybe the best but all the CDs to me are =/=. You can't compare ISOto FoD. You can't sort of compare SS to FoD though. Anyways, I think whoever was looking to get another CD of the trio should go with FoD, then ISO,because of the close musical comparison. When I got ISO back in 2002, I had to listen to it for about 9 times fully through to figure out that there is not onedamn track I am skipping. ISO just has so much more of an emotional feel to relate to.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

ive never bought a nerd album...but i went to the kanye concert and fell in love...do u recommend this as my first? i was planning on copping after work

i suggest gettin them all.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Word. I prefer the Spymob version of ISO though, the one I have in my picture 2 pages back. It lacks the skits and the OG intro track, and the greatest outerlude known to man (Tape You's "And cut....And Action"). But the Version brings more acoustic instrumentation and Harmony on a lot of vocals.

And for whoever is asking about "What's the other best N.E.R.D they should cop." You need to get Fly or Die. I have no idea why dudes are shunning this so hard, like it's completely out of ISO's league. ISO was great, maybe the best but all the CDs to me are =/=. You can't compare ISO to FoD. You can't sort of compare SS to FoD though. Anyways, I think whoever was looking to get another CD of the trio should go with FoD, then ISO, because of the close musical comparison. When I got ISO back in 2002, I had to listen to it for about 9 times fully through to figure out that there is not one damn track I am skipping. ISO just has so much more of an emotional feel to relate to.

As far as emotional feel, I'd say you're right. FOD isn't out of ISO's league, it just seems more forced, which is hard to explain. Ofcourse it isn't bad, just the weakest out the crew.

SS is just the most approachable. I mean songs like Sooner or Later, just makes me wanna end a relationship so I can blast it at high volumes and feel it thatmuch more. Yeah You is my favorite track though. Really smooth.

BTW, can "Yeah You" get some more love?
pimp.gif

You know an albums dope when everyone has different favorite songs and there's no problem with it. This is a damn good cd.

Back
Top Bottom