Verizon CEO confirms plans for tiered data pricing

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/24/verizon-ceo-confirms-plans-for-tiered-data-pricing/
We told you so. The Wall Street Journal has updated its recent article detailing disclosures from Verizon Wireless chief Ivan Seidenberg, and the latest news is as bad as it is predictable: VZW plans to consign unlimited data plans to the annals of history over the next four to six months, to be replaced by tiered, consumption-based pricing. Seidenberg says Verizon's prices will surely differ from what AT&T recently introduced, noting that his company values data differently to the competition -- though he wouldn't say whether that means costs will be higher or lower. Either way, Droidsters, enjoy your last few months in the unlimited sun.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/24/verizon-ceo-confirms-plans-for-tiered-data-pricing/
We told you so. The Wall Street Journal has updated its recent article detailing disclosures from Verizon Wireless chief Ivan Seidenberg, and the latest news is as bad as it is predictable: VZW plans to consign unlimited data plans to the annals of history over the next four to six months, to be replaced by tiered, consumption-based pricing. Seidenberg says Verizon's prices will surely differ from what AT&T recently introduced, noting that his company values data differently to the competition -- though he wouldn't say whether that means costs will be higher or lower. Either way, Droidsters, enjoy your last few months in the unlimited sun.

bush league.

30t6p3b.gif
big red.

If Sprint changed it, I'd cancel right away. You should be able to cancel before the next billing cycle of a policy change. I'm thinking this might be what brings everyone over to Sprint with this tiered data plan though.

With LTE around the corner, I can see why Big Red is doing this. They probably aren't too confident with the LTE handling of their 4G network. Might take a while for it to be established around the nation. Or it could be Apple requires no unlimited data for their iPhone. I remember reading an article where Verizon's CEO was saying it was still courting Apple for the iPhone.

Either way, fail Verizon...

If Sprint changed it, I'd cancel right away. You should be able to cancel before the next billing cycle of a policy change. I'm thinking this might be what brings everyone over to Sprint with this tiered data plan though.

With LTE around the corner, I can see why Big Red is doing this. They probably aren't too confident with the LTE handling of their 4G network. Might take a while for it to be established around the nation. Or it could be Apple requires no unlimited data for their iPhone. I remember reading an article where Verizon's CEO was saying it was still courting Apple for the iPhone.

Either way, fail Verizon...

wouldn't this also be considered good news for people that uses less data?
if the base price is $30...then we're all taking a hit to the face (nomo)

wouldn't this also be considered good news for people that uses less data?
if the base price is $30...then we're all taking a hit to the face (nomo)

Back
Top Bottom