Verizon Wireless Question (vol. BlackBerry)

Hello NT,

I need some help regarding my Verizon Wireless account. I am currently on a family plan with my father and sister. My father and sister have had it for awhile and I was added at the beginning of last summer, so my Secondary Line NE2 is not until January 2010. I want to get a BlackBerry, but do not want to payretail for one, as I am still looking for a job. My sister was eligible for an upgrade on July 29th and went and picked up a Curve a few days later (about 15days ago). Anyways, Verizon started up their Buy One, Get One Free promotion on BlackBerrys again today. My question to you NT is: Can my sister go returnthe Curve (because it is within the first 30 days after purchase), repurchase it for the same amount of money, get the second free BlackBerry, and will I beallowed to put my phone service on it?

If you all need more info to help me out, just let me know because I would like to try and do this in the next few days if I am allowed to, but I'm notsure if I need to be eligible for an upgrade also for this to work. Thanks in advance NT.

I think you would still need to be eligible for your upgrade. I tried to do this with my brother and every time i tried i was told i had to wait until i couldupgrade

So both lines of service need to be eligible for the upgrade?...She can't just go get the phone and then I go at a separate time to go activate it on myline?

Sorry, I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but could somebody let me know how much it would cost to upgrade from my current blackberry (pearl 8130) to theblackberry tour? I tried to upgrade to a Curve last year but they said I had to wait until August 2009, so now that the time has come, I was wondering if theupgrade is free, or if you have to pay retail or get a discount

I've been reading online and called one store and they said both lines need to be eligible for the upgrade in order to do this...can anyone confirm this orany Verizon employees on NT that can help?

They don't just give you the phone for free. I was looking into it myself. If i opened up my own verizon account with a bb plan and than resell the 2nd 1to make money.. but both phones have to be activated with a contract.. its not like they just give you the second phone for nothing

And what I'm saying is: can I go with my sister, who is eligible, and have her re-buy her phone (the Curve she just purchased), and then just extend myexisting contract or start a new contract to get the second phone free (even if that means my upgrade eligibility will be reset) ??

Or will Verizon tell me I have to wait for my upgrade eligibility in January?

Any help NT?...I'd rather have someone on here help me then waste my time going to a store and waiting on line to get denied

You have to be eligible to upgrade in order to do this. You buy and the second is "free" you only pay the taxes. Atleast thats how it was when itried to do this. I ended up waiting a couple months for my upgrade bc they wouldn't let me do what the OP is trying to do

If you were to talk to a nice rep or someone over the phone at corporate, could you possibly get permission to use your upgrade early, especially if you agreedto extend your contract?

Probably for new acts only, possibly for qualified upgrades.

BOGOs are only for new acquisition customers or retentions.

Yea...Thanks for the help guys...I'm just going to buy a BlackBerry on eBay with a clear ESN/IMEI and activate on Verizon

Back
Top Bottom