Vick reinstated, can participate immediately

Originally Posted by acidicality

i knew al davis would be interested, i bet he's just waiting for that 40 time to come out before pullin the trigger
smh.gif
Any idea what type of contract he would offer if Vick happened to run in the 4.2s?
laugh.gif

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_vick_0731,0,5219646.story

NEWPORT NEWS - Michael Vick says he is getting close to signing with a team but had no other details for reporters after a bankruptcy hearing in Virginia.

NFL commissionerRogerGoodell conditionally reinstated Vick on Monday, a week after the former Atlanta Falcons star completed his23-month sentence for running a dogfighting ring. Vick is free to sign with a team and could be playing in the NFL by week six.

On Thursday, Vick was at a hearing on his bankruptcy case. Reporters asked him as he left court if he was making any progress on signing with a professionalteam.

Vick said "We're getting close" but didn't specify if he meant the NFL and declined to provide any other details.

b3726b84e6c6d4be23052ff24d7e2289a9e8b09e.gif

What team do you think Vick would benefit the most from - playing time, chance to start, fit his role...Miami? 49ers? your thoughts?

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

ok so serious question, IF Vick is back to 2006 season form (and of course I don't expect that immediately...), can you name 16 starting NFL QBs you'd take over him? Please name them

cheat sheet: http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ing_quarterbacks_in_2008

There are 32 NFL teams.

More Than Likelys
Brady, P. Manning, McNabb, E. Manning, Brees

Debatables
Palmer, Big Ben, Garrard, Bulger, Cutler, Rodgers, Pennington, Rivers, Schaub, Delhomme, Warner, Hasselbeck

Probably Nots
Romo, Campbell, Edwards, Flacco, Orton, Sanchez, Russell, Collins/Young, Anderson/Quinn, whoever starts at SF, Minnesota, Tampa & Detroit

LMAO its debatable that hes better than Warner, Bulger, Cutler, Palmer, Rivers, Big Ben and definitely better than Romo.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

How do you know JPZ?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11998758

[h1]Ravens only team to admit interest in Vick; Dolphins, Bengals say no[/h1][table][tr][td]July 29, 2009
CBSSports.com wire reports[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica][/font] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]If any NFL teams are interested in Michael Vick, they're not saying.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]A day after the quarterback was conditionally reinstated to the league, only the Baltimore Ravens would directly acknowledge evaluating him.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica][/font] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][font=verdana, arial, helvetica]COMMENTARY[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
10231.jpg
Money, not morality, will be bottom line on Vick
by Mike Freeman
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]What's Your Take?
Tell Mike your opinion![/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]"We've had long discussions about Michael Vick and we have a feeling about how he would impact our team and not impact our team," coach John Harbaugh said Tuesday.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]General manager Ozzie Newsome declined comment. Previously, he has said the Ravens have enough quarterbacks.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Other teams either refused comment or insisted they wouldn't pick up the former Atlanta Falcons star, who served 18 months in federal prison for running a dogfighting ring and was released from home confinement on July 20.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday that Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games -- if he can find a team.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

I think vick's a douche but i can't wait to see him play. I'm surprisingly pumped. I wish he were on the vikings instead of the ravens though. Himwith Peterson would have been interesting.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick isn't saying whether his team is interested in Michael Vick.

After the Patriots' first practice of training camp Thursday, Belichick was asked his thoughts about Vick's possible return to the NFL. He praised Vick's athleticism but left it at that. Vick said Thursday that he's getting close to signing with a team.

"Michael is an outstanding player, hasn't played in a couple of years," Belichick said. "But right now, our focus is on our team and our players and trying to get the New England Patriots ready and so that's really where my attention's been. But he's a tremendous athlete. Where exactly he is right now, I don't know."

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick isn't saying whether his team is interested in Michael Vick.

After the Patriots' first practice of training camp Thursday, Belichick was asked his thoughts about Vick's possible return to the NFL. He praised Vick's athleticism but left it at that. Vick said Thursday that he's getting close to signing with a team.

"Michael is an outstanding player, hasn't played in a couple of years," Belichick said. "But right now, our focus is on our team and our players and trying to get the New England Patriots ready and so that's really where my attention's been. But he's a tremendous athlete. Where exactly he is right now, I don't know."

Belichick leaving the door open...
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom