Video from my trip to Oahu, Hawaii

Originally Posted by PUREADDICT

Wanted to share with my NT brethren a video I made from our trip to Hawaii a few weeks ago. Hate it or love it, enjoy!

PUREtv: Oahu, Hawaii 2012 from Philip Michael Isidro on Vimeo.

PUREtv: Oahu, Hawaii 2012 from Philip Michael Isidro on Vimeo.
pimp.gif

I came back to this thread jus to say that video was dope as +*#*. Damb i needa visit that Hawaii sometime soon! And that filipina chick with the highlights in her hair was looking mad good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chiang2k6

gonna be in hawaii in september. what are some can't-miss spots in oahu?

Go swimming with sharks.

Spoiler [+]
Srs, look it up.

Damn, thank you all! Totally unexpected.. I already had my flame suit on too
Originally Posted by i3allistic

dope video OP, what you used to record all that 

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

pimp.gif
 info on your camera?
Originally Posted by georgehimself

Awesome video. What did you shoot/edit that with? I always wanted to make a vacation video, but I have no experience. LOL
Originally Posted by Fresh Money

info on camera ?

Canon 5D Mark II

Canon 16-35mm f/2.8

Canon 135mm f/2.0

GoPro Hero2

Adobe Premiere Pro

Originally Posted by buggz05

Buggz approved 
pimp.gif

Did you color-correct or is that all natural? Where are you based out of?
Yeah color corrected every scene. I'm from NorCal.. Sacramento.

Originally Posted by damian054

just read my comment again.. No disrespect of course. Oahu is nice but very touristy you know? Maui is just more of what you would expect hawaii to be like.
QFT

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

So jealous dude, it's always been a dream of mine to visit Hawaii... Looks like you had an awesome time and you did a great job with the video man.

Depends on what you wanna do.
Hit the northshore, visit a luau...I know I know..touristy but its a cool show and food is buffet style
pimp.gif
 Paradise Cove was booked so I went to Germaines but from what I hear Paradise is nicer. I ate, drank, saw native booty popping so I was happy lol.

There's waikiki, diamond head, snorkeling...ABC stores every other store for the whole strip of waikiki.

Just go and have fun. Winds make it comfy even when it's blazing.

Haha!....love it!...my trip is in less than a month and I swear this is exactly what I wanted to do, except I wanted to dedicate the video to our baby (whenever she/he comes) since this will be our honeymoon....buying a couple of gopros just for this vacation as I feel is the only camera that lets you capture this in such a personal level....good *$*# bro...what software did you use to edit?

Originally Posted by damian054

just read my comment again.. No disrespect of course. Oahu is nice but very touristy you know? Maui is just more of what you would expect hawaii to be like.
Naw, none taken. I agree it was super touristy up in Waikiki. I got all the tourist %!%! out the way now though so I'm plannin to hit Maui next for part II!

Originally Posted by bawayfrombless

nice but wheres them kick thouh
Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

did you go to kicks hawaii on any of your days there?

Yeah I was only up there for a week, barely had anytime to really go shopping. When I go back in December though I'll hit em up fasho

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Damn that food looked good as Hell brah...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

My absolute favorite thing I did out there (besides feastin) was snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Then parasailing next. I really wanted to hit up a shark cage for footage, but I guess the waves were too rough when we went. Every first timer should hit up a Luau too, we were at Paradise Cove over in Ko Olina. But yeah bro the list goes on for @!#% to do out there. Use Yelp, Groupon, and LivingSocial to your advantage.
As for the food, the best thing I had was Giovanni's shrimp truck up in North Shore. People say Romy's down the street is bomb too though. Fresh poke salad at Kahuku Suprette too. Ono's for some authentic (least I think it was) Kalua Pork and Lau Lau. Musubi for days   
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great video man, brought back memories of my honeymoon there 4 years ago... Did Oahu and Kuaui...

Definitely in the plans to go back sometime in the next few years.

ABC stores are everywhere up in there but the McDonald's breakfast and the haupia (sp?) pie... Fantastic

Anywhere you were it was only about 10-15 minutes to a beach.... awesome.

Originally Posted by Mr K

Haha!....love it!...my trip is in less than a month and I swear this is exactly what I wanted to do, except I wanted to dedicate the video to our baby (whenever she/he comes) since this will be our honeymoon....buying a couple of gopros just for this vacation as I feel is the only camera that lets you capture this in such a personal level....good *$*# bro...what software did you use to edit?
Congrats on the honeymoon in Oahu. 
For the GoPro make sure you have a bunch of attachments too like headbands, suctions cups, etc. Don't lose the GoPro though, people were losing them because they'd get hit too hard by the waves, so what I'd do is double tie it on your wrist with a boogie board leash.
I used Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 for the whole thing.

laugh.gif
@ Maui not being touristy... LESS touristy

goto Kauai if you really wanna see Hawaiin living...

hanauma bay is ok but there are much better places and looks like you only stayed on the inside reef. if you go back man, pm me and i'll tell you some better food places depending on your preference.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

hanauma bay is ok but there are much better places and looks like you only stayed on the inside reef. if you go back man, pm me and i'll tell you some better food places depending on your preference.

Yeah my friend that's a local said she's been to way better spots with less tourists lol. Anyway I PM'd you.

Back
Top Bottom