Video Game DLC packs = Robbery

I made a online pre-order on origin. I should just upgrade to the damn N7 premium. All these DLCs are annoying me

LETS NOT FORGET you have to buy DLC because you are paying 65 on a game disk that only has 50% of the game on it. and you have to buy online codes now
smile.gif
pointless to buy used games. plus if you try to resell anything you will be loosing more then 70% for everything. about to leave games ALONE.

if im not mistaken isnt the content already on the disk and your just paying for a code to unlock said content?
like ive seen PC guys look into MW3 files and see data for maps/guns that arnt in the game already

This is all due to the money they don't get from used games sales. To quote the Korean store clerk from Menace to Society "If you dont like, Dont buy."

this situation in particular sounds really shady on the developers part. but as far as DLC, yeah i've wasted money on Call of duty maps but Rockstar puts out quality DLC packs. the Undead Nightmare was just as good as RDR. and don't forget about GTA IV's packs.

Gears 3 actually made me mad. They had the first DLC maps already on the disc when they released it. Yet they charged people to access until a few months later where they made it free for everyone (They never said it was going to be free later on).

Now if you don't have the new DLC maps you can't play on dedicated servers anymore and have to use host connection again
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

if im not mistaken isnt the content already on the disk and your just paying for a code to unlock said content?
like ive seen PC guys look into MW3 files and see data for maps/guns that arnt in the game already
Yup, multiple studios have been accused of this, and the evidence is pretty undeniable.

You know when you're watching a commentary on a film, and the director says something like:
"Little do people know this scene grinds my gears, I wanted to do it a different way after seeing how it fit in the final cut of the film, we were too far into production to change it however."
^^^That is what DLC should be honestly, in addition to ideas that came to light way after the concept stage. It should be that final buff job to make the final product shine. But no, the allure of dollar signs is what is more important.

Back
Top Bottom