Viking fans: Are you starting to believe in Tarvaris?

I will admit...after the Dallas game, I was totally off the guy. Watching him jump up in the air attempting to throw the ball was just horrific...we had achance to beat Dallas and he was one of the big reasons we couldn't pull off the upset. He didn't play against Philly the next week with aninjury...didn't have to do anything against San Diego, and didn't play in the massacre vs Green Bay

Since then, though, he has stepped in and done a good job at the quarterback posistion.

[table][tr][td]WEEK[/td] [td]OPP[/td] [td]RESULT [/td] [td]CMP[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]CMP%[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]RAT[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]11[/td] [td]OAK[/td] [td]W 29-22[/td] [td] 17[/td] [td] 22[/td] [td] 171[/td] [td] 77.3[/td] [td] 16[/td] [td] 0[/td] [td] 1[/td] [td]79.9[/td] [td] 3[/td] [td] 19[/td] [td] 6.3[/td] [td] 0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]@NYG[/td] [td]W 41-17[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]129[/td] [td]83.3[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]139.2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]W 42-10[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]204[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]110.4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
Now...it's not like he's winning us games, but he is making good decisions, competling passes, and making some plays with his legs. We still have fourgames left in the regular season, but do you think if he keeps this up Childress sticks with him another year? I know he probably will anyway, but after thatgame against Dallas I was praying that we would draft someone like Matt Ryan...

i was gonna make a tarvaris improvement thread
laugh.gif
. he's really uppinghis play and is flying under the radar. he's in the perfect situation with the vikes. i'd stick with him as the starter for the future.

but he is making good decisions, competling passes, and making some plays with his legs.

With a young quarterback, you have to drill in the concept of good decisions. Now, it seems like Jackson isnt a QB thats going to go out and win you games likeBrady can with the pats. In this kind of situation, If he keeps your team in the game with good decisions, completions, and with his feet, thats all you canask. If he continues to do that, you have a good quarterback on your hands.

Stick with him for the rest of the year. Keep him for the first part of next year and see where that goes.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

but he is making good decisions, competling passes, and making some plays with his legs.

With a young quarterback, you have to drill in the concept of good decisions. Now, it seems like Jackson isnt a QB thats going to go out and win you games like Brady can with the pats. In this kind of situation, If he keeps your team in the game with good decisions, completions, and with his feet, thats all you can ask. If he continues to do that, you have a good quarterback on your hands.

Stick with him for the rest of the year. Keep him for the first part of next year and see where that goes.

The problem I'm having in my mind is I don't want this to turn like how it has in Buffalo this year with J.P Losman. He had a good campaign lastyear...and then totally crapped the bed the early part of the season, got hurt, Trent Edwards came in and played OK, was named the starter, he got hurt,Losman came back in...etc etc...just a lot of drama at the QB posistion.

What I want to know is if we should look at drafting another QB this year (whether that be a 1st round pick or a middle of the pack qb)...or we stick it out,keep Holcomb/Bollinger as the backups next year...I don't know how the Vikes should play this one out.

I'm not on his bandwagon yet.

He's young so who knows. But just based on what i see I still need more.

Like we have said from the beginning, he BETTER be showing improvement when he litterally is seeing defenses completely scheming for the run and not evenpaying attention to the pass.

I feel sorry for TJack simply because he was thrown in when he wasnt ready, one of many stupid moves by our guy CHildress the last two seasons. But it is whatit is. As far as next year, Childress was going to keep TJack as his pet regardless of what happened this season, you can bet on that. Dont even get excitedfor taking a QB in the first round LOL.

I'm not sold on him yet...if our running game isn't working out he's in trouble....he has been makin better decisions as of late.

We got a nice core, Peterson, Rice and Jackson (if he improves) plus our offensive line is really good.

Let Tavaris finish out the season. Then draft Colt Brennan and establish a passing game to complement the amazing running game.Have Colt and Tavaris battle itout for hte starting job n ext year.

3 good weeks... Might as well give him a 5 year 50 million dollar contract extension.

laugh.gif
and "good" isnt even the right word.

More like "Jack just dont screw up, we'll give you 10 short throws a game just get it to our guy and not theirs."

I feel sorry for TJack simply because he was thrown in when he wasnt ready, one of many stupid moves by our guy CHildress the last two seasons.
Word. I really hope he gets replaced...but that's unlikely to happen coz he's the owner's pet.

tired.gif
{

I'd give TJ another year...just cause I KNEW he wasn't ready to be the full-time starter to begin with this season. But our backups are worse.Hopefully, he'll continue to build on this solid stretch and continue to work hard next season. We know he's got a cannon...he just needs to makebetter reads, which he has been doing in the past 3, and work on his accuracy in the offseason.

As good as the defense and special teams are the Vikings don't really need a stellar qb.

Just a steady qb.

He's winning and no longer costing them the games so just give him time.

If woodson is available when you guys are picking you would be stupid to not pick him up. Tavaris celing is a David Garrad I would say which is a good qb inthe nfl but I highly doubt he reaches that. Watching him this year he just doesn't seem like a great game manager.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

As good as the defense and special teams are the Vikings don't really need a stellar qb.

Just a steady qb.

He's winning and no longer costing them the games so just give him time.

This dude knows it. He doesn't need to win us games; he just needs to not lose games for us. He did that inprevious games; he hasn't done in the past few weeks. Allow the Defense and AD/Chet to take over and don't turn the ball over. I think as long as he(and Childress) realize that we'll be in good shape.

still has no TD passes in any of those games

the Vikes don't need Woodson, Brohm etc and i would smh if they did take one of those guys early because i'm pretty sure they drafted a QB last year,but Jackson needs to prove he can at least be solid. if he plays well enough to get them to the playoffs, then we'll see. but IMO they should be lookingaround for a top flight WR. not too many in this draft class, but you have some talent out there

I've always liked the guy, but earlier this year I was starting to give up on him. He's kinda turned my thoughts around lately, and I think he could beok. Always nice to have a QB with a little wheels too. Now we just need a WR opposite Sidney.

He is winning games, and he's taking care of the ball lately. I give him a B-.

He's progressing at a slow pace as expected. Everyone still sees all the signs of immaturity that exist in his game but he's managing the game a lotbetter now that he did at the beginning of the season which is a positive sign for Vikes fans. Most importantly having Peterson and Taylor in the back fieldwill only help his progression.

LT...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

still has no TD passes in any of those games

the Vikes don't need Woodson, Brohm etc and i would smh if they did take one of those guys early because i'm pretty sure they drafted a QB last year, but Jackson needs to prove he can at least be solid. if he plays well enough to get them to the playoffs, then we'll see. but IMO they should be looking around for a top flight WR. not too many in this draft class, but you have some talent out there

Yeah, they drafted Tyler Thigpen out of Coastal Carolina in the 7th round. He actually showed some potential in the preseason but then he was traded to theChiefs where he is the #3 Quarterback behind Croyle & Huard.

They need to fix the QB situation though. Tarvaris Jackson I think is the future, but we need to find a PROVEN veteran backup that actually has a good resume.I don't want to keep bringing in Holcomb, Bollinger, Detmer, Feeley type of guys.

Back
Top Bottom