Vince Carter 50pts vs Allen Iverson 76ers 00/01 Playoff NBA

Classic series..

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One of the most fun sporting events I ever attended. It was insane in the Wach that night. It was basically all about honoring Ivo, and even though the Sixerswere blowing their doors off, no one left the building and everyone was in reverence of what he was creating that year.

Vince is my 2nd or 3rd favorite player of all time. That series had my on the edge of my seat. I hated AI so much at the time lol. But my Lakers handled dudein the finals.

i remember that like it was yesterday. that was an awesome series with the 76ers, although heart breaking for us raps fans.

livin in toronto carter actually desensitized me to dunks because people livin here would see dunks every game that no one can still repilicate in game. thegood ol days. his all around game was so nice too.

This is one of the main reasons i could never say vince has no heart he carried the team that year. And almost single handedly beat the 6ers

Originally Posted by dland24

Most NTers forget how good Vince Carter was.

most Nters are so young.
laugh.gif
people forget VC was up there with kobe,tmac as the next...

eek.gif
I remember this game VIVIDLY!!

Was I the only one that looked forward to seeing Vince vs AI every year?

I miss those NBA years.

I remember this series...I used to be a huge fan of both players when they played for their original teams...and I didn't care who won the series, I justwanted them to beat the Lakers
laugh.gif

Man, those were the days.

That series in general was one of the best things to watch as a basketball fan. AI going for 50, then Vince responding with the same, and then AI going for thesame in game three. Both teams trading games, that it was so close that you couldnt not pay attention to what was happening.

Back in those days, us Raptor fans would never knock Vince for having no heart. He was the Toronto Raptors, in every facet of the game.

Years after that though, things faded, and we know what happens after that. But in those years, with the series against the Knicks (twice), and Sixers... dudewas a man on a mission.

For that, I appreciate him.

The series vs. the Bucks was the %!*@ too
pimp.gif
...they had Ray,Big Dog,and ETbut my Sixers still pulled it out,classic.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom