Vinyl Collection Thread... vol. crate diggers welcome

Forgot to put out the Tommy Wong bat signal
laugh.gif

scaled.php

Working on this breaks mix now...

nah that wasn't my collection, I only have like 2 crates worth of vinyl. picked these up the other day. But yea the expedite was sideways, the long shelves should be horizontal

The-5th-Dimension-The-Age-Of-Aquari-494358.jpg

philip_glass-koyaanisqatsi_%28soundtrack%29.jpg

New Order - True Faith 12''
R-106427-1198861812.jpeg

This thread just gave me a Father's day gift idea
laugh.gif
Figure out how/where to get a record player. My dad has boatloads
of original vinyls and i know he'd get a kick out of playing them.

Originally Posted by amohoop34

I actually JUST got my first record player like a month back.  My setup aint nothin special, but i'm enjoying the hell out of crate digging and the collecting part of it. Just having the physical copy on vinyl is so worth it with the creative packaging on it.  I really came with almost zero knowledge as i got NO friends who dig, so i'm making it up as i go along.  When i saw one of my records came on colored vinyl i damn near lost my #+#! because i aint even know that #+#! was possible
laugh.gif

Here's all the #+#! i've copped on my own so far. I've got some hand-me-downs from pops i found the other day, too but i haven't had the chance to really go through and see what i'd want to keep apart from classics like Abbey Road, Led Zeppelin IV, etc.

532725_10100346433696137_572295612_n.jpg

Haul from a Black Milk live show. Whole deal cost $40 total. From left to right starting at the top: Random Axe - Random Axe, Black Milk - Album of the Year, Fat Ray & Black Milk - The Set Up, Black Milk - Black & Brown Instrumentals, Black Milk - Live at Third Man Records, Black Milk & Danny Brown - Black & Brown EP, Black Milk and Bishop Lamont - Caltroit

551876_10100346433825877_362055470_n.jpg

Amoeba Records haul in Berkeley on 4.28.12. Outkast - ATLiens, Kidz in the Hall - The In Crowd, NYG'z - Ya Dayz R #'d Remix 12" maxi single. M.O.P. - Rugged Neva Smoove 12" Maxi Single w/ DJ Premier Remix.

575421_10100346433870787_1721681361_n.jpg

Rasputin Music in Berkeley on 4.28.12. EMC - The Show, M.O.P. - Firing Squad, Wolf Parade - Wolf Parade EP, Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary

Rasputin Records San Leandro: David Banner - Mississippi: The Album, Wolf Parade - Expo 86, Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music, Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, Curtis Mayfield - Superfly

The crown jewel of my budding collection. Black Milk - Album of the Year. Signed & personalized to me & with translucent vinyl LP's.
523747_10100346433751027_689051099_n.jpg

eek.gif
That Black Milk collection. Im so jelly right now. I got the Album of The Year record also but of course not Blacks personal touch
embarassed.gif

Ima have to post some gems in a bit.

PLVN am I supposed to click on the link?

Are the breaks on the songs on your Soundcloud page?

You should be able to just click on the player...I had it private on my soundcloud but it should work now.

Originally Posted by psk2310

That's cool PLVN. Is that something you do for a living, hobby, or both?

Just a hobby...I've actually been trying to sell a lot of my stuff.

Ramsey Lewis

The Commodores

Jeff Beck

30t6p3b.gif
Those are the only ones I knew off top.

I'm positive I own a few others that I heard... I just don't remember the names.

Ginette Reno - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (Johnny Harris Production)
Mike Curb Congregation - Mickey Mouse Club March
Walter Murphy - You Can't Do That to Me (Cormega - The Come Up)
Three Dog Night - I can Hear You Calling (Diamond D - Best Kept Secret)
Jimmy Smith - Number One (DJ Shadow)
Procol Harum - She Wandered Through the Garden Fence
Love - Doggone (Talib Kweli - Get By)
Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox
The Commodores - Assembly Line
Jeff Beck - Come Dancing (Rep Grows Bigger Intro)
Ramsey Lewis - Mighty Quinn
Hurricane Smith - Back in The Country (Madlib)
Leroy Hutson - Time Brings on a Change
David McCallum - House of Mirrors (Axelrod Production)
Truth of Truths - Creation (Fattest unusable drums ever)
Fancy - Feel Good (Beastie Boys sample)
Ocean - Put Your Hand in The Hand
Mcdonald and Giles - Tomorrow People
Liberace - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye (Dope Version)
Henry Mancini - Police Woman (Outkast Sample)
Tommy James and The Shondells - I'm Alive

Originally Posted by ps2child

Originally Posted by amohoop34

I actually JUST got my first record player like a month back.  My setup aint nothin special, but i'm enjoying the hell out of crate digging and the collecting part of it. Just having the physical copy on vinyl is so worth it with the creative packaging on it.  I really came with almost zero knowledge as i got NO friends who dig, so i'm making it up as i go along.  When i saw one of my records came on colored vinyl i damn near lost my #+#! because i aint even know that #+#! was possible
laugh.gif

Here's all the #+#! i've copped on my own so far. I've got some hand-me-downs from pops i found the other day, too but i haven't had the chance to really go through and see what i'd want to keep apart from classics like Abbey Road, Led Zeppelin IV, etc.

532725_10100346433696137_572295612_n.jpg

Haul from a Black Milk live show. Whole deal cost $40 total. From left to right starting at the top: Random Axe - Random Axe, Black Milk - Album of the Year, Fat Ray & Black Milk - The Set Up, Black Milk - Black & Brown Instrumentals, Black Milk - Live at Third Man Records, Black Milk & Danny Brown - Black & Brown EP, Black Milk and Bishop Lamont - Caltroit

551876_10100346433825877_362055470_n.jpg

Amoeba Records haul in Berkeley on 4.28.12. Outkast - ATLiens, Kidz in the Hall - The In Crowd, NYG'z - Ya Dayz R #'d Remix 12" maxi single. M.O.P. - Rugged Neva Smoove 12" Maxi Single w/ DJ Premier Remix.

575421_10100346433870787_1721681361_n.jpg

Rasputin Music in Berkeley on 4.28.12. EMC - The Show, M.O.P. - Firing Squad, Wolf Parade - Wolf Parade EP, Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary

Rasputin Records San Leandro: David Banner - Mississippi: The Album, Wolf Parade - Expo 86, Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music, Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, Curtis Mayfield - Superfly

The crown jewel of my budding collection. Black Milk - Album of the Year. Signed & personalized to me & with translucent vinyl LP's.
523747_10100346433751027_689051099_n.jpg

eek.gif
That Black Milk collection. Im so jelly right now. I got the Album of The Year record also but of course not Blacks personal touch
embarassed.gif

Ima have to post some gems in a bit.

Man I love Black Mil, so I was so hyped on that haul and the personal touch. Dude was Hella cool too, chopped it up with me and me bro for a couple minutes too. If I knew Album of the Year was on clear vinyl I woulda asked hook too sign the record and just buy,a second copy to listen to.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Forgot to put out the Tommy Wong bat signal
laugh.gif

scaled.php

Working on this breaks mix now...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

well done

saw this thread at work and got super anxious to get home

ruxxx and plan definetly postin up some classics, brought asmile to my face

props on that nick ingam too, usually dont see too many people up on libs and their producers aside from people in the "digging community" ie thebreaks and soulstrut etc

i havent tallied my collection in some years now, the bulk of them have been sitting in my closet, much like plan i have an A-crate where all the favored records and records i know have samples are in. i used to go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder when i was in high school in the early 2000s, spent like 4 years in philly and got what i could out of that scene (but was honestly a bit dissapointed with the area) my tastes changed a lot in what i wanted to sample/collect too, making me utilise online buying a lot more cuz thats the only place i can find most stuff

ill try and put up pics of stuff either tonite or tomorrow, as plan knows, a heavy helping of Israeli records, a lot of french and italian soundtracks, a select few libraries etc. some liberace thrown in there too just cuz 
laugh.gif

i wish there was a video for Jake Ones collection, its almost not fair that hes a highly skilled producer AND has taht collection
smokin.gif
sick.gif

(<--- ?uestlove's parents were in this group) (<--- My pops played on this record. He was with the Young Senators out of DC) (<--- VERY rare funk joint. DC's own) (<--- More DC funk +#$!. RIP to Chuck Brown) (<---
30t6p3b.gif
Didn't have the OG cover,but i'm glad I came up on it) (<--- "I'm called the mad scientist Extra P!") (<--- "Red Clay") (<--- "Harlem Hendoo") (<--- "I'm too busy makin' power moves... and I don't *+@* wit' you coward dudes") (<--- "BUCKTOOOOOOOWN!!!!") (<--- "That's why the Native Tongues has officially been reinstated!") (<--- "To my man Ill Will God bless ya life to my peoples throughout Queens God bless ya life")

awakening has soooo many sick piano samples, if i remember correctly theres a INI and shades of brooklyn sample on the same track lol

Hmmmm... The Shades Of Brooklyn joint would be "Change" right?

I didn't know Awakening was used for an INI song. It was definitely used for the "Can't Wait" cut by Deda though.

Yeah... Awakening has a TON of !!+% just waiting to be chopped. I haven't touched it up yet.
laugh.gif
There's just TOO many moments.

yeah thats the shades of bk joint, the deda song is something differnt, i cant now pinpoint the song im thinking of haha, wasnt on the INI album either, it comes in at like 2:04 of the awakening, when it switches to a swing pattern
just got done slammin some stew chicken, ill grab some records and post up pics in a bit

A little something.

David Ruffin-Gentleman Ruffin            Dionne Warrick-No Night So Long                 Johnnie Taylor-Super Taylor                                                                                                                 
n6wb9u.jpg
331ingp.jpg
293j53q.jpg

Nas& Ill will-QB's Finest                                Herbie Hancock-Future Shock                            Lyn Christoper
2z8rxad.jpg
saup1i.jpg
i4mgc1.jpg

Bobby Womack-Understanding                         J Dilla-The Shining                                       Curtis Mayfield-Superfly
rupo4z.jpg
11gk9lk.jpg
16h5fh5.jpg

Paul Mauriat-El condor pasa                     Babe Ruth-First Base                                 Seals & Crofts-Diamond Girl
juwtoz.jpg
2pqt9mp.jpg
35l88ed.jpg

Earth Wind Fire-Head to the sky                                   Bob James-One                           The Stylistics-Thank you baby
34j7tr4.jpg
29cngvb.jpg
2rqy7us.jpg

Cat Stevens-Budda & the chocolate box                       Qunicy Jones-Roots                             Roy Ayers-You send me
20rppbk.jpg
32zj406.jpg
2ugkob4.jpg

Chick Corea-My spanish heart                  Grover Washington-Mister Magic                       Bob James-One on one
2ykx268.jpg
mmvhqu.jpg
v43y82.jpg

Micheal Jackon-Thriller                                          Bob James-Touchdown                                   Crusaders-One
ab3rjm.jpg
2j2ah4o.jpg
34gpt7l.jpg

Della Reese-Black Is Beautiful                     Roberta Flack-Quiet Fire                Grover W.-All the Kings Horses
r21302.jpg
20za0bk.jpg
3523p86.jpg

Seems like the Bob James Nautilus, some Jimmy Smith album, & Curtis Mayfield are staples for everyone. Nice stuff posted by everyone.

Back
Top Bottom