Virgil Abloh says Streetwear is going to die out

"Like, its time will be up. In my mind, how many more t-shirts can we own, how many more hoodies, how many sneakers? I think that like we're gonna hit this like, really awesome state of expressing your knowledge and personal style with vintage."⁠

Personally I disagree with him. Thoughts?

As long as Supreme is being resold double its prices. Streetwear will never die

They said the same thing when crooks n castles, the hundreds and lrg were popular too and it’s more popular than ever now. Brands and the styles will tho

He's on the forefront but his vision tunneled in bybhis success and how fast trends spread and die out. World wide fashion trends can make someone like him feel paranoid. Especially going to a factory and seeing millions of different versions of the same thing. He's having one of those investment banker moments ;" How long can this unsustainability last".

The answer is for as long as the markets are propped up and people are told what to look like via social media.

What's different is how much younger of an audience streetwear has. Back in the day you didn't see elementary kids flexing besides their shoes . Now the market has gotten much bigger.

So he's telling us to not buy that trash that he puts out huh? Maybe he wants us to stop wearing street wear and start rocking those designer man purses he's currently making for LV.

**** designer clothes And sneakers.

Most of my clothes aren’t even wearable anymore.

Outdated so quick.

Most of the sneakers lose value quick too.

Can’t even be dead caught in Balmains now a days.

I buy streetwear now, **** designer. Horrible way to spend money.

If I’m buying anything, is gonna be something that you can wear in any era and isn’t trendy. I’ll stick to only John elliot for now.

If I’m buying anything, is gonna be something that you can wear in any era and isn’t trendy. I’ll stick to only John elliot for now.

Buy less buy better.

There's something ironic in that because I remember when workwear and menswear was allll the rage and people kept going on and on about their limited edition japanese denim and their super ultra durable welted american boots.

The sentiment remains though. While some of my sneakers are already crumbling to dust. My Aldens with a little extra care still just as good if not better years later.

Remember the og's were screaming hip hip was dead?

Virgil is somewhat removed from the streetwear he grew up in, along with a lot of the other gatekeepers

it's time for new faces and brands to step up

DAMN the rest of the country late af. Streetware been out of style in LA. It had a little resurgence a few years ago when all the high end designers rode the wave late as hell.

LV got sued by the big homies Revok and Retna for using their graff in ads lol

DAMN the rest of the country late af. Streetware been out of style in LA. It had a little resurgence a few years ago when all the high end designers rode the wave late as hell.

LV got sued by the big homies Revok and Retna for using their graff in ads lol
What's currently in out there? I see cats dressing like 90s anime characters

This dude virgil always seemed corny to me ( nor have i ever supported anything off white) .. doesnt surprise me he said this about streetwear his supporters got him gassed up..a dam fool would think street wear would completely die out

I think by dead Virgil is talking about what the "Fashion" crowd is wearing & under that pretense he is correct & you've already started to see that.

I walk through soho daily and see kids in a completely different Aestethic then streetwear, they may still borrow elements but it's grown way past hoodies & T-Shirts

I think by dead Virgil is talking about what the "Fashion" crowd is wearing & under that pretense he is correct & you've already started to see that.

I walk through soho daily and see kids in a completely different Aestethic then streetwear, they may still borrow elements but it's grown way past hoodies & T-Shirts
u stay taking up for kanye and his goofy *** affiliates
may i ask why
like u purposely look past the goofy-ness
of them lames

Back
Top Bottom