Virginia Commonwealth University

beltwayboy

Banned
Any current students or alumni?

I think I want to go there, if I get in..

Do/did you like it [the experience] overall? Like how is the environment...class sizes...people?

This girl told me its not a lot of people from where im from though..
eyes.gif
does that mean no gogo?
frown.gif
lol

and not most important, but runnin' a close second...what the ladies hittin for? lol i am mclovin dog peep my avi

I hate to say I'm the man you need to talk to but...

Holla via ezbox.

I'm one of three who makes and approves FINAL decisions on people's files via Undergrad.

Got my share of NTers in who were "on the bubble" last few years -- word to the NCAA tourney...

I go to VCU and it is what you make it.
A few years ago I was happy to go this school-now I am ready to get the hell out of here.

^ i'm sure everyone feels ready to leave towards the end of their school career

but anyway...VCU is a good school...whatever girl you talked to doesn't know what she's talking about...i'm assuming you're from MD...there areplenty of people from there and D.C. also...i like it cuz i'm stuck on a campus where its just my school...there is gogo at EVERY party so don't worrybout that...

oh yeah...def. holla at Mr. Hazel...

Yea, I might have to hit you up on that eyes...

I'm taking a semester off after I graduate from high school and I'm considering VCU for the Spring '09 semester.

Let me know what's good.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

You overachieving Yale scholars are a little bit too cocky for me...
laugh.gif

Ram for life here.

Bammas.

I dont go to Yale, nor would i ever go to school in the North, despite being born there.

I don't see how it would be hard to get into VCU on your own merit, I did. Wish I got a scholarship though. Eyes do you have any sway of the guaranteedadmissions program?

"VARISOXFAN,"
Kind of one sided to take a swipe at a school, then repost without mentioning where you go (to make the fight even). Nothing personal though. VCU ain't foreverybody -- However, I was a boy when I got here (didn't even have the SAT score "to get in" and VCU gave me a shot) and graduated a man due tomy experiences at the school. That's what it's all about pimp.

"da703trailblaza,"
It's a difficult game man -- Basically, coming from high school, 90% of the people who apply GREATLY surpass the GPA and SAT requirements. So, its justbattles among our office and the Honors College on who deserves spots/scholarships and why.

And of course, current VCU students looking to go to Med school GREATLY surpass the GPA requirement as well. Not an exact science by a long shot.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

"VARISOXFAN,"
Kind of one sided to take a swipe at a school, then repost without mentioning where you go (to make the fight even). Nothing personal though. VCU ain't for everybody -- However, I was a boy when I got here (didn't even have the SAT score "to get in" and VCU gave me a shot) and graduated a man due to my experiences at the school. That's what it's all about pimp.

Everyones experience is different, I know many kids from my school who went away to VCU only to drop out or piss away there parents money by not doingjack. Unless your at UVA or other top tier schools, a degree is what you make it. Not about the grades you make, but the hands you shake, just a playful jab,not meant to hurt feelings at all.

My school is in the sig.

I was a boy when I got here (didn't even have the SAT score "to get in" and VCU gave me a shot) and graduated a man due to my experiences at the school.
Exactly how I feel, except I havent graduated yet. I could go on and on about why this school is great, but that's because I'm biased andI can't imagine being anywhere else.
(Two thumbs up for the College Success Program they put me in
laugh.gif
)

I was a transfer student & graduated from VCU in May. No regrets, I enjoyed my time there (I'm wearing a VCU sweatshirt right now). Having horriblegrades in HS & being from Va Beach, it was either VCU or ODU for transferring from a CC - I can't say that I was ever interested in ODU. Some friends,family, etc tried to get me to change my mind by badmouthing the campus & Richmond in general. Most of those people visited Richmond twice tops, so theiropinions didn't hold much weight to me. I did a lot of research on my own, went up to visit w/o my parents & felt comfortable. I only had a few largeclasses (all marketing, which was my minor so it really didn't bother me).

The only downside for me was that I wish my department (Fashion Merchandising) would have been more helpful w/job searching, so network like crazy. Finding ajob took longer than I would have liked, but I was dead-set on not moving to NYC & certainly not LA so that didn't help my cause much.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Everyones experience is different, I know many kids from my school who went away to VCU only to drop out or piss away there parents money by not doing jack.

That is universal, no matter where someone goes off to school.

And -- just a fact -- most people who succeed at VCU ain't geting a dime from their parents. Most are "first generation" college students, andtheir parents don't make enough to "ideally" fully support their education. Just real talk; Majority of student body's parents here arebarely "middle class" citizens by income.

Thus, students are hustling -- juggling work and school to survive. You know, getting prepared for how the real world works. Students don't get spoon fedhere. Again, it ain't for everybody...

not meant to hurt feelings at all.

Ain't no feelings hurt here pimp. I'm a pick and choose my battles, and I'll defend VCU. It ain't perfect here, but I'll defend it whenneeded.

how is VCUs business school? I know, I know, google, whatever, but just wondering from the people who go there. Thinking about transferring from ODU.

i'm a business student but haven't started on my major yet...i can tell you the we just opened the new business building on monday...its reallynice...much better than the old one...i do know that there are alot of clubs and organizations for different majors w/in the school of business...so plenty ofways to network...the career center has plenty of jobs opportunities w/in your major also...you just fill out a sheet of paper and you will get emails w/ joboffers FOR STUDENTS that are specific to your major...most of the ones i've seen actually pay decent...from whatever i've been told tho the school ispretty good...

Back
Top Bottom