Virtual Stock Trading Game - Niketalk competition

bank of america is on the upswing

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif

quick poll: Daytrading vs going long?

Ive always felt day trading looks better on paper when you look at gains n such than what it really is. Lets say you make about a g a week day trading. Its basically youre life as you gotta monitor things constantly and need a good startoff point, lets say 50k capitol, in order to start day trading. On the long side you have someone who only holds 2-5 positions for months at a time and can go either way on how much you make or lose but dont ever really have to check things and are not as much a slave to the game. Factoring in income from your day job and money made on the market, lets say 750 a week from work, who do you think would have made more money in a year?

Originally Posted by Rompe Toto

Ive always felt day trading looks better on paper when you look at gains n such than what it really is. Lets say you make about a g a week day trading. Its basically youre life as you gotta monitor things constantly and need a good startoff point, lets say 50k capitol, in order to start day trading. On the long side you have someone who only holds 2-5 positions for months at a time and can go either way on how much you make or lose but dont ever really have to check things and are not as much a slave to the game. Factoring in income from your day job and money made on the market, lets say 750 a week from work, who do you think would have made more money in a year?

I made $500 today on purchases...If i fell into 25k tomorrow i'd start day trading...The only thing i don't know is how much in taxes would be taken out

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Rompe Toto

I made $500 today on purchases...If i fell into 25k tomorrow i'd start day trading...The only thing i don't know is how much in taxes would be taken out
25% of total gains if held for less than a year.

Day trading, depending on how many trades you do, may have you differently classified with the IRS (i.e - investor status versus trader status). Further, you're going to be taxed a whole lot more and at ordinary rates.

A lot of people don't have the desire to day trade, nor the focus, desire, discipline, etc. It's even harder on the West Coast for market hours.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

If it exists?
laugh.gif
it clearly exists as everyone in this thread is participating.

http://www.marketwatch.com/game/niketalk-2011

If you want to join PM me for the PW, if you haven't already.
Aye - you need to lock the contest up. If whoever that wants to join by say, this Friday, August 26, hasn't, eff em.  We don't need somebody to come in late and win the whole thing after we've been busting our +++ and talking good trash.
laugh.gif
 A team can't skip the whole season and then expect to play in the Super Bowl, naah mean?  

laugh.gif
@ every time somebody say a stock name 5+ people jump on it
30t6p3b.gif
Some people just don't have a mind of there own

2nd day in a row all my stocks finished in the green yes all 11 of them
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
@ me making 52 trades already I need to slow down

Originally Posted by CasperJr

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
[table][tr][td]51[/td][td] [/td][td][h2]Casperjr[/h2][/td][td]$24,262.18[/td][td]-0.84%[/td][td]-$737.82[/td][td]52[/td][/tr][tr][td]+ Add LabelSaveCancel[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by CasperJr

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
[table][tr][td]51[/td][td] [/td][td][h2]Casperjr[/h2][/td][td]$24,262.18[/td][td]-0.84%[/td][td]-$737.82[/td][td]52[/td][/tr][tr][td]+ Add LabelSaveCancel[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

sick.gif

brought 1524 of clwr for 3.40 sold for 3.03 *$@$ killed me gone take me at least another week to fix this

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Cguy610 and OhYouMad fighting it out for last.
Kiss my butt.  My one trade is going to work out.  When it does and I'm in the lead, don't come asking for investment advice, cause I'm gonna be on the Riviera, and can't hear you cause of the sounds of the sweet birds.

martin109.jpg

Oooh-Ooh-Ahh-Ahhh-Brrr

I'll just run to my monopoly board game to grab the loot and I'll meet you there. It amounts to the same..yadidimean.

All stocks in my portfolio in the greens.
pimp.gif

I've got 8 stocks and I'm the only one in the game with 5 of them.

you all should sign up for CNBC's game.  I think you can actually win a $1 million. 

Back
Top Bottom