Visiting Portland and Seattle for the first time.

Food: Pine state, screen door, fire on the mountain, robo taco, Acrop (steak bites!!)
Drinks: 10 barrel brewery, burnside brewery, fat head brewery
Night life: East (small but gets poppin) Black Book, Tube (nxt door to BB)
Fun: rent the new Nike bikes and explore pdx. Get some herb. If you're here on the first Thursday of each month, they give free beer @ upper playground and compound (across the st.) both clothes stores. Get some more herb (Girl Scout Cookies ftw) hit up Mt Hood or the coast both few hours away

Man I miss me some pine state, can't forget Roxy's teriyaki chicken burger mane

I live a couple hours south but hit up Blazer games via train Thursday>Sunday. It's like Diet Bay Area. Cool bigger city but still just too docile for my liking.

Pok Pok really that overpriced?? I know it's not a wing joint per se but wing joints *are* notoriously over priced.

Timbers match was solid yesterday. Pre-match atmosphere was the best I've seen for footie in the states.

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/ACC4B612-5F83-4F68-8AB3-E07D1BF366AF.jpg.html

Timbers army was ruthless.

Gotta' admit that I'm a little surprised with the shoe scene being that it's Nike's backyard. Store selection is tame and the best stuff I've seen on-foot was at the airport.

Brew scene though....different story. Absolutely loving the local selections. I've hit up some very solid spots and very happy.

Just got back from Apex. 3way IPA is so far my favorite local brew. I honestly didn't think the west coast was doing juicy IPA's. Just picked up two 4-packs to bring home along with some Pfriem and Breakside. I still have two days left in PDX and another 4 throughout Washington. Looks like I'll be shipping boxes back instead of the standard luggage smuggling.

Last edited:
I've heard portland is nothing but strip clubs and craft brews

that's all we did when we went to PDX.

Was there about two weeks ago for a bachelor party.

you can't touch at the strip clubs though, but PDX has the most strip clubs per capita

something about girls with tats and chucks with knee high socks.... :smokin

now if they can all be at one club instead of 2-3 per club then it'd be gravy.....

SMH at the no touching at the clubs. I been wanting to visit Casa Diablo for the hipster dancers.

Seattle Food:
Sandwiches: Un Bien, Salumi (call it in or line up at like 10:45a; owned by Mario Batali's family), Baguette Box, Honeyhole
Burgers: Li'l Woodys, "Red Mill" and "D!cks" are overrated but Seattle staples, Lunchbox Laboratory (highly recommend)
More formal-ish: Canlis, Tango, Poppy (highly recommend), Dahlia Lounge
Less formal-ish: 5 Spot, The Hi-Life, Serious Pie, Ma'Ono Fried Chicken and Whiskey (ask if they'll make you popcorn ice cream if its not on the menu)
Desserts: Molly Moons, Hot Cakes, Top Pot Donuts, Ly's Donuts (not fancy)

Last edited:
Had some solid Thai tonight on Belmont and hit up Belmont Station afterwards. Solid bottle shop with a great tap list. Bottle shop staff was wicked helpful/social. Bartender was a knob. Great selection either way. I just missed 2014 Supplication but plenty options to make up.

Also hit up Saraveza last night since it's a few blocks from my AirBnB. Lucked out with a local IIPA fest. Staff was very knowledgable and friendly.

In Seattle now. Smooth city.

What's the best sea food joint I can go to?
I hear ivars and crab pot. I love salmon, crab legs, and shrimp.

Thanks in advance!

In Seattle now. Smooth city.

What's the best sea food joint I can go to?
I hear ivars and crab pot. I love salmon, crab legs, and shrimp.

Thanks in advance!
Vouch for Ivars Acres of Clams on the waterfront. The salmon is on point.

Crab pot is just ok to me. You go more for the presentation but food itself is nothing special.

Anthony's is one of my favorites.

Saltys on Alki has a great Sunday brunch if you're there til then. Spendy but worth it.

Crab pot is just ok to me. You go more for the presentation but food itself is nothing special.

Saltys on Alki has a great Sunday brunch if you're there til then. Spendy but worth it.

+1 saltys on alki, they also have brunch on Saturdays (call to make sure) same thing as sundays just way less crowded. Its around $45 a head but if you're a seafood lover its well worth it. Unlimited dungeness ftw.

+1 saltys on alki, they also have brunch on Saturdays (call to make sure) same thing as sundays just way less crowded. Its around $45 a head but if you're a seafood lover its well worth it. Unlimited dungeness ftw.

Repped. Thanks fellas. I think ivars it is, it's almost unanimous. I'll try and check out saltys as well.

Homegrown sandwiches was a nice spot as well. I wanted to check honeyhole tomorrow.

Went to Portland for a week about a month ago. Was surprised how non multicultural it was. Also the one ways and slim roads were killing me when driving. A lot of beautiful parks,forests, and hiking spots. The food trucks and beer were a definite plus. My favorite nightlife spot was the Goodfoot saw a funk band there comprised of members from Jill Scott's band & back up members of Funkadelic. But all in all a little disappointing to me. But if you smoke veggies there are shops on every block like Starbucks out there.

Last edited:
I'm headed to Portland Monday and will be there through Saturday for a work trip. Read through the thread. I saw "GoodFoot" mentioned and will check it out. Any other dope live music/nightlight spots? I'm in the DMV and love checking open mic nights and local bands.

Never been to Seattle...but food for Portland...

Porque No (carne asada tacos and chips/guac is outstanding)

Screendoor (anything you get is good)

Fire on the Mountain (wings)

People's Pig (Smoked Fried Chicken, Mac Salad, Cornbread)

Bunk Sandwiches (Pork belly cubano)

Roost (brunch, get the smoked trout and eggs.)

Regarding the donuts, Voodoo is fine. It's not "trash" as some people say...it's just WAY overhyped. If you want to go to just cross it off the bucket list, it's worth going if you don't have to wait in line for long. But, yes, Bluestar is way better.

Back
Top Bottom