Vizio, Insignia, Dynex and other cheaper HDTV's have a dirty little secret...

Very old[implied/obvious] news.
BUT for those that live under a rock; this is informative.
And both Dynex and Insignia are serviced through any instore retailer.
Insignia = 2yr manufature warranty.

Insignia LCD's = LG components. thumbs up
Dynex = i can make a better TV. thumbs down

ignorance. just because its made by china doesn't mean its bad. alot of electronics are made somewhere else, especially china. Vizio has been around forsome time and has built a solid ground in the TV industry for reliaibility and quality

Originally Posted by The Minister

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Ill never mess with those brands... look hard enough and you can find deals on good quality products.

My panny 80U that i got for 800 last year>>>>> any tv made by those other brands.
that is a damn nice tv. plasma or lcd?

Panasonic plasma.

Insignia LCD's = LG components. thumbs up
Dynex = i can make a better TV. thumbs down
I thought LG lost the contract for making Insignia products for BB...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

You get what you pay for.

it's easy enough to say this.. but do you really believe there's no such thing as a good value? especially in the ultra competitive world of retailelectronics? i don't.... i think articles like these get pushed by the big boys (sony, samsung) in order to help protect their image... everyone knowsVizio's have improved a lot the last few years, yet their prices have stayed really quite cheap... and everyone knows they are overtaking sony and samsungin terms of name recognition in the HDTV world.

I knew there was something fishy about those companies. Thats how the customers save money, just get raped on the warranty
laugh.gif
I only mess with reputablebrands. 50" Sony from the living room, 42" Samsung for the bedroom, & 22" Magnavox in the youngin's room
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

You get what you pay for.

it's easy enough to say this.. but do you really believe there's no such thing as a good value? especially in the ultra competitive world of retail electronics? i don't.... i think articles like these get pushed by the big boys (sony, samsung) in order to help protect their image... everyone knows Vizio's have improved a lot the last few years, yet their prices have stayed really quite cheap... and everyone knows they are overtaking sony and samsung in terms of name recognition in the HDTV world.
Smart consumers know that brands like vizio, dynex, etc always pop up every now and then but they don't have longevity. You might save moneyand don't get me wrong, I own a vizio, a lot of them have very good picture quality. But it's still never going to have the reputation that a Sony, orSamsung will have. Because they've earned that rep by providing quality products over a long period of time. Not just a short spurt of a couple years thenfading into oblivion.

I been rockin' with an insignia in my room for a few years now. Strong $150 for that joint lol

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Um dont all of these high end brands get their panels from other companies ?
Yes, for the most part. Do people not understand how a good portion of the products we use are made up of different elements from other companies?

My Vizio's working in top notch condition and it's about 2 years old. If it should go out, it was $500 well spent. Friend lowering price below costbecause he was quitting FTW.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom