Von Miller

Von Miller - 48 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 3 FF, 3 PD, 6 TFL
Clay Matthews - 28 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 FF, 5 PD, 4 TFL

Lamarr Woodley - 36 tackles, 9 sacks, 0 FF, 2 PD, 2 TFL

Patrick Willis - 78 tackles 
eek.gif
, 2 sacks, 3 FF, 8 PD, 4 TFL

Terrell Suggs - 41 tackles, 6 sacks, 2 FF, 4 PD, 6 TFL

I don't really put Demarcus Ware in that conversation because he's basically a defensive end. I didn't even see the game last night so that has no basis on me making this thread. I just haven't heard anybody say a word about him on this site and thought he deserved some praise. If he's not top 3, he's definitely top 5....and rising. Best young linebacker I've seen come around in a long time.

Pass rushing lb
Ware
woodley
Matthews
Suggs
Harrison
Regular lb
willis
Bowman dude from sf
Lewis
Urlacher

Saw this posted somewhere else:

When Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com (who has become a typical company man since joining up with NBC) asked him if he was concerned about getting fined for his "clear" late hits on Mark Sanchez (none of which drew a flag, but did smear Sanchez's mascara), Von fired back with this:

"shoot first and ask questions later."

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

126540943_display_image.jpg

Navorro Bowman.

leads the league in solo tackles, dude is a beast. Patrick Willis Jr

Session, Posluszny, Daryl Smith is the best LB corps in the league. Nobody watches Jaguars games, but if you do you will really gain an appreciation for Smith. Dude has been a consistent beast for years now and deserves recognition when talking about the best Linebackers in the league (Poz is pretty damn good as well).

As for Von Miller, there is no denying he's a special player.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

eek.gif

I don't really put Demarcus Ware in that conversation because he's basically a defensive end. I didn't even see the game last night so that has no basis on me making this thread. I just haven't heard anybody say a word about him on this site and thought he deserved some praise. If he's not top 3, he's definitely top 5....and rising. Best young linebacker I've seen come around in a long time.

Why? All of those other outside linebackers you posted also play in 3-4s

Originally Posted by megatron

eek.gif

Ware is more of a pass rusher than a overall linebacker, Miller plays the same position and is contributing more than sacks (still taking nothing away from Ware)

I havent seen many people get off the ball as fast as Von Miller in my time watching football.

Dude is a stud and he is better against the run than he was given credit for coming out of A&M.

Coverage needs work but he is definitely a stud
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

126540943_display_image.jpg

Navorro Bowman.

leads the league in solo tackles, dude is a beast. Patrick Willis Jr

That's nuts that he already has 92 tackles and Patrick Willis has 78 tackles halfway through the season. They don't let $$*% get past them.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by megatron

eek.gif

Ware is more of a pass rusher than a overall linebacker, Miller plays the same position and is contributing more than sacks (still taking nothing away from Ware)
buc em- how can you classify dware as an DE when some of the cats you named(VON MILLER)are really hand in the ground DE and even moreso, the two positions are basically interchangable..and Patrick Willis is a MIKE LINEBACKER, WHICH MEANS HE IS AN INSIDE LINEBACKER...cmon man..we can do alot better..
RetroSan-  How can you say Dware isnt a complete linebacker??? cmon buddy..He rushes the passer better than ANYONE in football..He holds contain against the run, you NEVER see a back get the edge on Dwares side...He runs down weakside runs that are away from him..He is arguably the best defensive player in football(willis,chuck,ngata)..The only thing he doesnt do is drop into the coverage...but let me see..other than Patrick Willis, NONE OF THE NAMES BUC EM SAID DROP INTO COVERAGE...

Let me school you young cats real fast, De's and OLB's are sack machines..period..they have responsibilities in the run, but their primary focus, is sacks..period...Clay, Lamar, Ball so hard T.Sizzle, thats all they are paid to do is sack qb's...It makes ZERO sense to have Clay Matthews or Dware chasing rb's out the backfield or trailing a TE because.. A.) its a mix match  B.)Their expertise is pass rushing, let your best players do what they do best..

I see some cats have the football responsibilities mixed up, yall need to go learn the duties of the different LB's.

dware aint in the conversation..lol..get real..DWARE IS THE CONVERSATION!!!!!

I jumped the gun a little bit, but he was playing atleast top 5 ball at the time when I made this. I don't know if he was playing through some injuries or what but he went straight ghost at the end of the season.

he had a broken hand and still held it down. dude is right near the top 3 and his pass rush numbers are top 2 at OLB

click spoiler
last year PFF tracking play by 4-3 OLB
5. Von Miller, Denver Broncos: Week 10 Kansas City (+7.4)

This is a game Matt Cassel won’t forget anytime soon. That’s in large part due to the performance of Miller here. The Bronco rookie sacked Cassel once and pick up four more knockdowns as the Chief QB was forced to leave the game early. He didn’t do an awful lot in the run game (a tackle for a loss and one for a short gain summed it up) but his pass rushing was so destructive it pushed him onto this list.

4. Von Miller, Denver Broncos: Week 12 at San Diego (+8.0)

Another virtuoso display from Miller who ended the day with eight combined sacks, hits, and hurries. Despite those numbers, his unquestioned play of the game came in overtime when he breezed past Randy McMichael to pick up a big tackle for a loss on third down that made a game-winning field goal attempt that little bit harder. Naturally, the kick was missed, Denver secured the win, and it was a testament to Miller (who had a season-high six defensive stops) that they were able to.

3. Kamerion Wimbley, Oakland Raiders: Week 1 at Denver (+8.3)

With a rookie lining up opposite him for most of the game, it was no surprise to see Wimbley constantly pressuring Kyle Orton. He didn’t end up with a sack or hit, but eight pressures from 33 pass rushes is a great return (especially when you look at how quickly they were happening). Wimbley, who was practically flawless in this game, also made some plays in the run game; highlighted by some excellent work with 12:35 to go in the first. Tremendous day.

2. Von Miller, Denver Broncos: Week 11 vs. New York Jets (+8.7)

The high point of an excellent rookie season saw Miller spend most of the second week of Thursday Night Football destroying Wayne Hunter. The 2011 PFF Rookie of the Year walked away with two sacks, two hits, and three hurries along with a batted pass at the line of scrimmage in a dominant display. Some strong work in the run game helped him pick up three tackles for less than 2 yards, in his most complete and impressive display.

1. Kamerion Wimbley, Oakland Raiders: Week 10 at San Diego (+10.6)

Topping this Wimbley-Miller list, the we’re about to name won’t surprise anyone who watched it. With Wimbley making mincemeat out of Brandyn Dombrowski so regularly, it stood out more when he wasn’t pressuring Philip Rivers. When all was said and done, he’d picked up four sacks, three more QB hits, and seven pressures. An astounding total that had to be seen to be believed. It doesn’t get much better than this.

Top 5 Pass Rushing games by 4-3 OLBs:

1. Kamerion Wimbley (OAK), Week 10 at San Diego (+11.1)

2. Von Miller (DEN), Week 11 vs. New York Jets (+6.0)

3. Von Miller (DEN), Week 10 at Kansas City (+5.6)

4t. Von Miller (DEN), Week 12 at San Diego (+5.3)

4t. Von Miller (DEN), Week 9 at Oakland (+5.3)

at the end of the season PFF had him ranked as the 12th best Player in the league
12. Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos

A quite phenomenal season for a player who walked away with the PFF Rookie of the Year Award. A stunningly productive pass rusher who picked up 60 regular season sacks, hits, and hurries despite playing a quarter of it with a cast on his hand. That shouldn’t deflect from some remarkable performances where he destroyed tackles, including an incredible run between Weeks 9 and 12 where he scored a +28.5 grade over four games. He didn’t miss a single tackle all season, and while not a natural in coverage, he made plays in the running game.

Best Performance: Week 11 versus New York Jets (+8.7)

Key Stat: Had the highest defensive grade of the year (+50.4).
PFF top players of 2011 season
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Justin Smith
3. Drew Brees
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Darrelle Revis
6. Rob Gronkowski
7. Terrell Suggs
8. Eli Manning
9. Larry Fitzgerald
10. Jared Allen
11. Jason Peters
12. Von Miller

in conclusion, there are quite a few people who felt like Von Miller was not only a top 5 LB in the NFL, but also the 2nd best OLB in the NFL.

Looks like the trend is continuing after the 2012 opener with 2 sacks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom