VOTE to determine who receives our 10th Kiva.org loan! Polls now closed: Winner revealed inside!

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Reaction score
Earlier this month, we added $4,000 to NikeTalk's Kiva.org account, which enables us to provide entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they need to improve their lives, grow their businesses, and improve their communities.  
Over the last few years, we've issued over $14,000 in loans - and, each time, our fellow members have chosen the recipient.

Here's how it works:

Take a look at each of the loan profiles below and vote for your favorite.  On Monday, after the polls close, we'll contribute up to $1,000 to the borrower with the most votes.  

This is a REALLY tough decision, so if you'd like to support the loans that did not receive the most votes - or any of the loans facilitated by Kiva - please consider registering. You can even join NikeTalk's lending team and have your loans counted towards our community totals on Kiva's leaderboards.  

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Our current nominees are:

Dembereldorj Lkham

Emmanuel Parson's Group

Zamira

Mujeres Emprendedoras Group

Dulguun Ganbat

Luis

Maurice

Thank you for participating in our vote and thanks, as always, for your continued support of the NikeTalk community!

UPDATE:

By the time our polls closed, funding had been completed for Emmanuel Parson's Group, so the runner-up, Mujeres Emprendedoras Group, has received our $1,000 loan contribution.  Congratulations to both groups and we certainly wish all of these deserving entrepreneurs the very best. 

7733543c65e6a003b482fee02e77c9f19c9a82d.GIF

Though Emmanuel Parson's Group now has all of the funding they need, it's not too late to contribute to any of our other nominees.  

Right now, you can get $25 to contribute to these or ANY entrepreneurs on Kiva.org for FREE just by signing up through their trial offer.  Only a few thousand free trials remain, so if you're interested be sure to act quickly:  http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/niketalk

Thanks to everyone who participated.  I look forward to issuing a new loan with you next month!

Curious to see who wins, from what I just read, it seemed like an obvious choice. Sucks that there isn't enough for every one of them though.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Curious to see who wins, from what I just read, it seemed like an obvious choice. Sucks that there isn't enough for every one of them though.
The way Yuku's polls work, even I won't know the results until Monday.  
Although we won't be able to finance all of these loans from our community Kiva account, there is enough for all of them if we donate separately. 

In fact, you can get $25 to lend to the entrepreneur of your choice - FREE - by signing up for Kiva right now through our invite link:  

http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/niketalk

Remember, you can have your loans count toward our community's lending team total by joining Team NikeTalk once you've registered:  http://www.kiva.org/team/niketalk

Originally Posted by Method Man

Originally Posted by Antidope

The way Yuku's polls work, even I won't know the results until Monday.  
Although we won't be able to finance all of these loans from our community Kiva account, there is enough for all of them if we donate separately. 

In fact, you can get $25 to lend to the entrepreneur of your choice - FREE - by signing up for Kiva right now through our invite link:  

http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/niketalk

Remember, you can have your loans count toward our community's lending team total by joining Team NikeTalk once you've registered:  http://www.kiva.org/team/niketalk
Thanks for that info. 
Should this be sticked? I won't lie, I hardly look up at the top when I go to the pages on here because things rarely change, and I think most people do the same thing.

Should this be sticked? I won't lie, I hardly look up at the top when I go to the pages on here because things rarely change, and I think most people do the same thing.
After a few hours, this thread fell to page 5.  We want to keep it in view and I'm not going to add pointless replies every few hours just to bump it to page 1.  This isn't an amateur "clothing line" thread.

i honestly never look at the stickies, but i just wanted to check up on the charities and happened to see this
--Edit--

Emmanuel's group seems to be fully funded

Emmanuel's group seems to be fully funded
That's always a concern.  When I select candidates, I always choose from those with the most money still needed at the time and the poll duration is just 48 hours.  Sometimes, by the time our polls close the loan has already been fulfilled - and it's hard to see that as a negative.  
If the loan that receives the most votes has already been fulfilled, we'll just move on to the loan that received the second-most votes and so on.  It's tough to balance.  You want to give everyone interested the opportunity to participate in the process, but it is, fortunately, a very swift-moving process due to Kiva's lender community and if you wait too long many of the candidates' loans will be filled and the poll itself could be rendered moot.

Fortunately, in this situation there really isn't a "negative" outcome.  We're all happy to see these entrepreneurs' ambitions financed and if we can encourage anyone to sign up, take advantage of that free $25 credit, and begin contributing on their own, that's really as much as I could hope for out of this.  

I'm definitely open to feedback, however, if there are any suggestions about the operation of our community's Kiva.org account or our lending team.  

I can't wait to check back in just under an hour to see the results and issue our next loan.  With any luck, now that we've reloaded the Kiva.org account we should be able to do this on a regular, perhaps monthly, basis once again.  

Back
Top Bottom