• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mm I use my bros for any edu discount. Think I might go cop at bb for the convenience factor for myself as a gift to myself.

I basically did the same. Could've track down a edu email but whatever, time saved on shipping.

got one on black Friday, streamed HBOGO, Netflix, and YouTube all from my phone.  Other than that, i'm not sure what else is compatible.

Bros, I finally have an upgrade this week, I'm torn between these devices:

Moto X

Nexus 5

LG G2

Moto x:

Almost stock android, nice features, customizable (already know how i want it).  Average camera, 720p display doesn't bother me either.

Nexus 5:

My OG choice, but no upgrade price.. (i spent a lot of money on Christmas already)

G2:

Great screen; edge to edge display, large battery, great camera, nice features, can be found for $39.99 with contract.  But never had an LG and i heard they have like 50+ apps of nonsense 
indifferent.gif

Does the G2 or Nexus come with headphones?  I know the Moto X is an extra 30 for SOUL headphones..

Bros, I finally have an upgrade this week, I'm torn between these devices:

Moto X
Nexus 5
LG G2

Moto x:
Almost stock android, nice features, customizable (already know how i want it).  Average camera, 720p display doesn't bother me either.

Nexus 5:
My OG choice, but no upgrade price.. (i spent a lot of money on Christmas already)

G2:
Great screen; edge to edge display, large battery, great camera, nice features, can be found for $39.99 with contract.  But never had an LG and i heard they have like 50+ apps of nonsense :stoneface:  

Does the G2 or Nexus come with headphones?  I know the Moto X is an extra 30 for SOUL headphones..

Moto X or the Nexus 5. Unless it greats speedy regular updates those andriod phones are a waste to me. 4.4 is the stuff not 4.3

Those 3 are awesome I their own way.
MotoX=convenience and hands free operation.

N5=stock Android with infinite updates

G2=great battery life. Awesome camera. Unlimited customizing.

Pick your poison.

I have two and I use them pretty often. I have one in my room so that I can stream stuff to my TV when company is over so that they aren't all crowded over my back trying to look at something. My other one is in my family room which is used by my parents. They like to stream their music during parties and stuff like that. 
There is really no use for chrome cast especially if you have a xbox or ps3 or 4. There is a app for my phone and laptop that i can stream anything straight from my phone or laptop to my xbox or ps3 and TV if it have DNLA which most newer ones does

There is really no use for chrome cast especially if you have a xbox or ps3 or 4. There is a app for my phone and laptop that i can stream anything straight from my phone or laptop to my xbox or ps3 and TV if it have DNLA which most newer ones does
I have all of the devices you mentioned minus a laptop and TV with DNLA. I dont use my video game consoles for any of the media stuff (thats why I didnt get an xbox one)  because thats what my computers for. I only use Chrome Cast when I have company but when Im by myself I use my computer. For the price its a pretty decent device. I do wish there was more that you could do with it but we will have to see what the future holds. 

Don't want a console in the bedroom, game room or living room sure. Other than a laptop/tablet/phone don't need the clutter

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chromecast is just a cheap way to stream content to your computer. Most of us already have an option whether it's having to hook up a laptop via HDMI or using a PS3/Smart TV/Roku/Apple TV/etc. but if you want another option it's really solid for the price. I have one to give my PS3 a break from streaming hours and hours of Netflix. So long as you don't have higher expectations than a streaming device, it won't disappoint you. They'll keep adding more services (like Plex which just arrived) and it'll continue to get better.

I just gotta nexus 7. i was wondering if i update to 4.4 is the rooting process the same as before it was updated? i cant find any root instructions when updated to 4.4

To upload from your phone you have to upload while on desktop view. Nt had some type of update recently. The quick reply layout is different too, it has a draft saving feature now.

Anyone know how to block updates? I have a note3 on 4.3 and the update prompt keeps coming up.
I noticed when I get a phone its flawless until I update, then all hell breaks loose. So im trying not to update to 4.4

Yes Adobe has stopped flash development on android for a while now but you could always sideload the apk and use it in the stock browser. Kit Kat has completely disabled that feature to where it just doesn't work at all with the android version .

Yes Adobe has stopped flash development on android for a while now but you could always sideload the apk and use it in the stock browser. Kit Kat has completely disabled that feature to where it just doesn't work at all with the android version .
this is a travesty 
mean.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif

anyone with kit kat need your help. i have 4.4.2 on n4.

as recent as 4.3, i was able to go on facebook, look at someone's picture, and via the options, select "save photo as" and i could proceed to save a photo for a contact saved in my phone.

i cannot find the "save photo as" feature anymore. am i missing something? are any of you guys seeing the same thing? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

anyone with kit kat need your help. i have 4.4.2 on n4.

as recent as 4.3, i was able to go on facebook, look at someone's picture, and via the options, select "save photo as" and i could proceed to save a photo for a contact saved in my phone.

i cannot find the "save photo as" feature anymore. am i missing something? are any of you guys seeing the same thing? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

If I remember right, there's the three dots on there now when a picture is shown. Have you hit that??

Back
Top Bottom